Well hidden details, quests or locations you can miss easily

+
sv3672;n8376310 said:
I do not have a YouTube link, but on PC you can try using the console command "addfact(120963397_1_1)".
Geralt: What's new, old friend?
Dandelion: Everything's coming up Dandelion. Priscilla's much better and our relationship's a budding flower blossoming in the spring sun.
Geralt: You two still together?
Dandelion: Don't act so surprised! The woman was made for me. As I was for her. She told me so.
Geralt: Know how many times I've heard that some woman was made for you?
Dandelion: Ehh, love's blunders… Who's never made one? I hadn't met Priscilla yet. Now I know she's my heart's captor. You know, think we might get married.
Geralt: Congratulations.

Thank you! I will check it out :D

Ok, I logged into this forum just for this question. Because it's really bugging me ...
Might be a spoiler about BaW.

It has been mentioned several times in this thread that Vivienne can show up in Skellige after we meet her in Novigrad.
The sources for this claim seem to be the prima game guide and a forum post by a dev:
https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/5tu4ep/so_did_someone_found_vivienne_after_her_quest/

However, I have never seen anyone claiming they found her, no youtube videos, nothing. I spend a lot of time trying to find her myself, but no luck so far.
I can say for sure that she disappeares in Novigrad 6 days after you speake to her. But I never found her in the Kaer Trolde Inn, tried all times of day, waiting etc.

Others who searchd for her had no luck either:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2fXd__joQ

So, does anyone here know if Vivienne shows up in Skellige? And if yes when and where?

GeraldOfRiva;n9093180 said:
I logged into this forum just for this question.
Unfortunately, a bug prevents her from appearing in Skellige, so this particular detail didn't implement as intended.

Ah, that's unfortunate. I guess there's no console command to trigger her? In any case I can finally stop running around Skellige looking for blond heads ... And thanks for the quick reply!

Since I'm here I might as well share something I tested recently. About Vlodimir ...
After Vlodimir takes possesion of Geralt, but before you join the party, you can walk around with him for a bit. He reacts to quite a few things.

I never saw a complete list, but that's what I found so far. He comments on:
- The grave robbers corpse in the cave behind his crypt.
- Geralt looting the graves of his ancestors.
- Atleast one gate to the von Everec Estate.
- The windmill near the Everec estate.
- Summoning Roach.
- The cursed chapel.
- He has a lot to say about the wyvern at the Draken Hollow Outpost nearby. He comments on seeing the draconid, Geralt killing it, and then destroying its nest.

I didn't check the whole region, but Vlodimir does NOT react to: Erde, Kilkerinn Ruins, the ofieri camp, the isles in the lake, Garin estate.

Last edited:
Hayashi.226;n9113560 said:
I found this on a notice board somewhere in Skellige. Subtle message from CDPR?

It could very well be, there are many easter eggs and messages in the game, like the DRM reference in The Tower Outta Nowhere, the letter of apology in Blood and Wine, and others.

In the same something awful thread a dev alludes to the three stages of Viviennes journey, he also hints at several other secret endings.
I just found one concerning "Equine phantoms" that I've never seen anywhere else before:

After you took the potion and roach starts to search for clues, just run away until the quest fails. Then come back and ask Pinastri how she's doing.
She tells you that she's fine now because roach solved the curse on her own.

Might actually be my favourite outcome ...

This is one really cool detail I noticed way back in 2015., but never saw brought up online. I just started a new playthrough, so I decided to document it.
It's at the very beginning of the game, on the battlefield near White Orchard where Temeria and Nilfgaard fought. When you approach the battlefield from the road, on the left side you can find books and other stuff Yennefer drops in the opening cinematig.

http://imgur.com/a/ecg0r

http://imgur.com/a/RwEaU

Even the positioning is the same.

Last edited:
This is more of an easter egg (Skyrim reference), but it gave me a chuckle.
I'm doing the final quest in the HoS expansion, and I was accompanying a certain character in Oxenfurt when she happened to come across a a guard barring our progress. She asked about his knee which she had operated on after the guard took an arrow to it!

For those who have not played Skyrim, one the random lines that guards in the game sprout is when you pass by them is, "I'd be an adventurer like you but then I took an arrow to my knee".

The quest "Of Dairy and Darkness" reacts to a certain event from the main story:

The first obstacle of Aeramas cave is a poisonous maze. After completing it Geralt normally makes a joke about how he's going to tell Vesemir about this "trial of cheese".
He does not say this however if Vesemir is already dead at this point.

GeraldOfRiva;n9100240 said:
Ah, that's unfortunate. I guess there's no console command to trigger her?

These worked for me:

removefact(sq701_vivienne_novigrad) (not sure if needed)
addfact(sq701_vivienne_skellige)

Then I meditated for a week, and she indeed appeared at the Kaer Trolde inn.

Oh my god thank you! Now I can find peace ;-)

She doesn't seem to have new dialoge, but it's cute watching her play with butterflies.

Found another Easter Egg, B&W expansion :D 20170726115451_1.jpg

Last edited:
Lol I just came across another one, in Flovive. A woman said, "My brother gave me a sword, and I named it Needle." :D

I personally hate pop culture references. They completely destroy immersion. But if you like them, the wiki has a fairly comprehensive list:
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_3_Easter_Eggs_&_Pop_Culture_References

Not in the wiki are for example two small and easy to miss Ciri scenes from the main story:
The Battle of Kaer Morhen: After you brought Ciri back, don't go into the keep immediately. You can find Ciri on the wall with the dummy from the prolog. She says something about her training here.

On Thin Ice: After you leave the tent, go in the direction of Avalach. But at his end of the camp follow a path inland. A bit away from the camp you can find Ciri on the road, praciticing to move rocks with her green magic. Can't remeber if she has anything to say about it.

Guest 3823474

Two things come to mind based on recent own experience:
1) I managed to miss picking up the horn for downing sirens in Skellige although I hear it's part of a big quest.
2) In fairytale land when you see the will o' the wisp and Syanna tells you not to trust it, I barely paid it any attention and just ran past. But you can follow it and it leads you to a cave where you can get quite a powerful silver sword, named Gesheft. (Not as good as Aerondight though. But interesting model.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Having finished the B&W main story, I was in the vicinity of the tournament grounds tying up loose ends when I spotted in the distance what appeared to be a large fire. Investigating, I discovered a huge pile of bodies in the arena, on fire. I can only assume this was a detail meant to show how Beauclair dealt with the aftermath of "Night of the Long Fangs".
Another nice touch was the rebuilding works within the city in the aftermath of that quest. Even the square with all the stalls was empty.

Guest 3823474

Hayashi.226;n9290241 said:
Having finished the B&W main story, I was in the vicinity of the tournament grounds tying up loose ends when I spotted in the distance what appeared to be a large fire. Investigating, I discovered a huge pile of bodies in the arena, on fire. I can only assume this was a detail meant to show how Beauclair dealt with the aftermath of "Night of the Long Fangs".
Another nice touch was the rebuilding works within the city in the aftermath of that quest. Even the square with all the stalls was empty.

Yep, I noticed that, too, and the fire making me go there to check it out also made me find Ciri still sitting under the tree, at night, after our convo earlier. Dunno whether it only happens once or whether she's hanging out there indefinitely.

Top Bottom