Well hidden details, quests or locations you can miss easily

+
Indefinitely I think. I had Yenn come over and whenever I return to Corvo Bianco she's still reading on that chaise lounge.

Guest 3823474

Hayashi.226;n9295181 said:
Indefinitely I think. I had Yenn come over and whenever I return to Corvo Bianco she's still reading on that chaise lounge.

This would be one of those things depending on game choices I guess. In my game Yenn never visited.

Some time ago I read a post on reddit where someone claimed that the credit scene reacts to you not paying back your loan to Vivaldi:

If you beat the game without paying back the loan then in the credits it lists "Glean Gwynbleidd esse squass dhu'elaine Yennefer ad-dalu eich dyled".
Which I translated using known Elvish in the game and commonalities between Celtic languages which is the standard base for the Elvish language to;
"Lowly White Wolf will be excused, the black beauty Yennefer repaid your debt".
Minus grammatical structure and tenses of the words being extremely difficult to format I was able to get this, much more poetic when elves speak it though, dirty tongue of man.

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3h7bsp/what_happens_if_you_dont_repay_your_loan_to_the/

I tested this in my last playthrough but didn't see any message like that. Does anyone know if this is true?

GeraldOfRiva;n9302751 said:
I tested this in my last playthrough but didn't see any message like that. Does anyone know if this is true?

I could not find this so far either, did they post a screenshot of the message?

No, I've never a screenshot of this. And the reddit thread I linked above is the only mention of it I know. Maybe just a troll post? Though if this message really exists it's probably such a minor detail that few people have ever noticed it.

I have not completed the game without paying back the loan yet, that is why I asked about the screenshot. Although I did search the files, and I could not find a line similar to the quoted one. Of course, it can still exist in the game somewhere I did not search. I do suspect it could very well be a troll, like the infamous acorn multiplication.

musicandy;n9560651 said:
Problem is, I tried to do it as well and it didn't work for me.
Has it been (accidentally) patched out?

Perhaps it depends on some other condition, although I do not know why it would. Maybe you need to have a pipe or other item in your inventory. I will try this myself. By the way, by it not working, do you mean that nothing happens if you interact with that spot, or there is no option to interact at all?

Edit: did not work for me either, even after I looted a smoking pipe, there is nothing there that can be interacted with. Perhaps the video was created with a modded game?

Last edited:
sv3672;n9561081 said:
Perhaps it depends on some other condition, although I do not know why it would. Maybe you need to have a pipe or other item in your inventory. I will try this myself. By the way, by it not working, do you mean that nothing happens if you interact with that spot, or there is no option to interact at all?

Edit: did not work for me either, even after I looted a smoking pipe, there is nothing there that can be interacted with. Perhaps the video was created with a modded game?

There is no option to interact at all.
Sadly I don't know if the game in the video is modded. I know that there is a weed pipe mod on the nexus site (https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2409/?), but I think that one always uses a chair? I've never tried it though, and the description is not very informative either. And there are no connections to this mod on the video...
But might very well be it's a modded game!

Guest 3847602

Found an interesting video:

Apparently, "Pyres of Novigrad" can be completed without questioning beggars or tailing thieves - there is a route through the sewers that leads to Putrid Grove.

Guest 3847602

Conan O'Brien Easter Egg can be found during the quest "Till Death Do You Part":

Another Easter Egg is TW3 team on tombstones at the same cemetery (most of them appeared in Noclip documentary on The Witcher):

Marcin Blacha - lead writer
Borys Pugacz-Muraszkiewicz - English adaptation director
Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz - lead quest designer
Bartosz von Ochman - living world design
Mikołaj Szwed - senior localization producer
Karolina Stachyra - writer
Miles Tost - level design

Last edited by a moderator:
"Boris Pugnace-Moral-Fétiche - Bitcher" - it looks like the English adaptation must go through a rather thorough review process. Fortunately, this also shows on the quality of the result.

Amazing new hidden secret compilation (its huge)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xoNQLKsIHBOhcN29u2wCV1tM5DLohAQF/view

I have to be honest, just reading the hidden stuff from white orchard amazed me. This game has so much damn depth and this guide, I can tell, is freaking amazing.

If you want any incentive to do a new playthrough, READ this and you'll have your incentive. There is no way even the most hardcore of witcher 3 fans could know all this stuff. Like seriously, how can someone know when geralt and Yen say good bye to each other in Vizima and she casts her portal that you could actually enter that portal first and be teleported to the room next to you.

immessingaround;n9828341 said:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xoN...M5DLohAQF/view

I have to be honest, just reading the hidden stuff from white orchard amazed me. This game has so much damn depth and this guide, I can tell, is freaking amazing.

If you want any incentive to do a new playthrough, READ this and you'll have your incentive. There is no way even the most hardcore of witcher 3 fans could know all this stuff. Like seriously, how can someone know when geralt and Yen say good bye to each other in Vizima and she casts her portal that you could actually enter that portal first and be teleported to the room next to you.

Wow, that's some thorough work! I thought I'd found everything already, but that list has still some things I never heared about.

On a related note: You can look here if you want to see what Vivienne does in Skellige:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncodVLKSAR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xu_5a4H4r4

She has a few more places where she stands around, but that is basically all she does.

EDIT:
I mentioned before, that you can see Ciri practicing her green magic before the final battle.
I never saw a video of that, so here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XURGyIW_ly8

Last edited:
Probably got mentioned before but how about a mod that has all or say 80 per cent of all the locations and details in this thread on one map or organized list like a table. Doesn't have to be an in game table/list/map.

Guest 3847602

Found a few Easter eggs I missed before:

Names are references to French football players (members of World Cup '98 winning squad)
Christophe Dugarry and two of Arsenal legends - Thierry Henry and Robert Pires.

Top Bottom