Any tips on taking on a golem?

+
Any tips on taking on a golem?

I've come across a lv 37 golem and I'm having difficulty in killing it. What frustrates me is that when I die, and reload the last saved game, the golem is back at full health. All that chipping away for nothing.
This is in the HoS expansion, btw.
I'm at lv 35.

keep leveling up and come back when you are level 37 or higher
use the elemental oil
use north wind bombs to freezr the golem and attack
use all explosive bombs
attack and roll
patience

Thank you, I defeated the golem.
I guess the key aspects are patience, and recognising the golem's attack patterns and hence recognising when to dodge out of the way.

Was that the golem on a small hill with a dead body beside it? That golem is super tough for some reason. There was also an interesting letter that talks about Geralt killing their golem before or something like that. I don't remember the details but it seems someone made a stronger golem and it killed them as well.

I believe so. That one gave me quite a bit of grief, it was hard for me to defeat. Other golems I've come across later didn't seem so difficult. Whether it was because that one golem was tougher than usual (as you theorize), or I had better golem-killing techniques, or better equipment, or at a higher level etc is unknown. :)

iCake

Forum veteran
- Use a dwemeritium bomb on them
- Use strong attacks only
- Be patient with dodging, once you realize you need to dodge a few moments after its attack animation started you'll have an easy time with these colossi.

Top Bottom