Do the series' opposing factions make up for the lack of a party system *SPOILERS*

+

Do the series' opposing factions make up for the lack of a party system *SPOILERS*

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I've been too accustomed to gathering party members in other RPGs, to the point that Geralt flying solo would have felt new to me. So for me, the closest thing I will ever get to an ensemble cast in the Witcher saga are its opposing factions, including the Northern Kingdoms, Nilfgaardian Empire, Scoia'tael, and Skellige. They have such a colorful and diverse ensemble cast of characters, to the point of taking someone like Geralt of Rivia and reducing him to a small, insignificant speck in a larger, more important universe, despite being eponymous witcher himself.

And, it's because of this, that I'm glad that CD Projekt Red eventually made an entire card game based off of the three wars waged between these opposing factions, so that I could see multitudes of my favorite characters in card form (except for Angouleme, I would have wanted to see her become a Gwent card, considering her role in Geralt's hansa during the novels).

But what about you? Do the opposing factions make up for the lack of a party system that used to make up other RPGs like The Witcher series?

It is not really in character for Geralt to belong to a "faction", he prefers to stay neutral when possible, that is probably why they can only be temporary allies throughout the games. GWENT is different, you do not play it from his point of view, and it makes sense to turn the factions into different decks of cards for gameplay reasons. Also, cards of characters or creatures can sometimes be put into decks/factions they are otherwise not really allied with story wise.

Top Bottom