Beyond Hill and Dale - Map

+
Possible updates:
Should 19 be a little further north, the Dwarf and apple are on a bridge, and that dark area north of where 19 shows now, might be it. Also, just to the right when you start there is a Grig village if you jump the stream. No cat harness though....

The first time I went, I turned the wrong way and
I went round and round in a circle for quite a long time. I think I met the griggs four times.

Inside the cloud fortress, before jumping into the well. There is a horse in a stable & behind him on the ground some "magic gold" too loot. Use Axii on the horse 1st or he'll kick you. Is there a secret to this magic gold? You cant spend it there, you cant climb down & sell it to the cig girl & once you jump in the well it's gone from your inventory.

Benzenzimmern;n9526241 said:
The donkey is a simple reference to the fairy tale about the "Wishing-Table, the Gold-Ass, and the Cudgel in the Sack" by the brothers Grimm
Ah, yes, indeed. Yet another amusing little nod. I recall chuckling when I noticed that particular ass, and its pile of gold.

Looking back over this thread, I'll have to keep an eye out for that pepper when I'm there next -- in a couple hundred hours or so. (Re-playing the entire game now.)

Top Bottom