Just finished the game for the first time and I am really depressed atm.

+
Yeah, I felt the same... I finished my 2nd run yesterday and I got the best ending, though I think the best ending possible is the "middle" one. Going to play the 3rd time soon, since I want to complete the game on Death March!

Don't feel sad, this game is HUGE and has a lot of different quests and choices. I think I could play it infinite times without getting tired.

I just finished the game, and wow.... just wow.
It's been a long time since a game had me invested emotionally in its main characters.
The epilogues are well done, for computer games. Most games would have simple cut scenes but this game adds more minutes of play, bittersweet as some of the scenes are.
Unfortunately the game doesn't do a good job of explaining what happened to some of the minor characters:

1. Vernon Roche and Ves - I sided with them in Reason of State
2. Dandelion & Zoltan - I assume this two remain in Novigrad, in the Rosemary and Thyme/Chameleon
3. Thaler
4. The sorceresses (Phillipa, Magarita, Fringila)
5. Avallac'h

Had time off work with Knee Injury so lay in bed playing for the last 2 weeks non stop, my girlfriend got lots of flowers for the inconvenience.
Just finished Yesterday what is easily the best game I've ever played. ( My first game was lunar lander early 80's).

Ended with Ciri taking up the Sword and lazy walks with Yennifer, Cerys on the Skellige throne and Djikstra bit the Dust.
I used Death March after level 10ish and even played about with no hud. I became so engrossed in the entire world that any ashes I looted by mistake I would take them to the
church over the river north east of Novigrad and drop the by the big tree.Wasted hours trying to get onto table mountain lol.

After the first week I started talking like Geralt to my girlfriends questions, think she kind of liked it.
Beautiful game.
I braved all the credits to the very end and shed a tear.

When I re emerged in Kaer Morhen I ran quickly up the winding stairs to the top of the tower hoping to find Yennifer. I gave a sigh.
The whole of CD Projekt Red should be really proud of themselves and have Truly created a masterpiece. I will certainly be buying dlc's , 2077 and hopefully more. Thank you So Much .

(don't sell out to Emhyr)

Had the same feeling when I finished the game, even if I got the empress ending. I felt so lonely and empty, I almost cried. BaW helped me to get over that. :D When Shani left, it was hard for me too as she was my love interest in the first game and I didn't know of the lore back then.

I just finished last night and got the sad ending :( it broke my heart, i feel so empty and depressed and cant even do another small side quest or the dlc i bought, i loved the characters too much i dont know what to do with my life anymore :(

UnaSim;n9605901 said:
I just finished last night and got the sad ending :( it broke my heart, i feel so empty and depressed and cant even do another small side quest or the dlc i bought, i loved the characters too much i dont know what to do with my life anymore :(
You're not alone. Wild Hunt leaves quite an impression on people. No worries, though, most of us recovered -- some after a second play-through -- and were able to continue on to the expansions (which are really rather clever, by the way).

It's really interesting to see how many players got the sad ending.. I went along with my heart while making the hard decisions and I ended up with the best possible ending. I guess it got something to do with the fact that we are all from different family backgrounds, different countries... Some feel that giving your child a clear and systematic path is the best way to achieve that the kid will be happy. I went through this with my parents. And I can tell you, it made my life difficult. Who knows what would happened if they would just let me be. But in the end, I found my own way in life, completely ignoring their wishes and efforts. So it only felt right to let Ciri do her thing. It doesn't matter if it burns you sometimes and you make bad decisions and mistakes along the way. This is what life is about. You live it, not try to control it.

The reasons most people got the sad ending is because the decisions that lead there make no sense. No snowball fight with Ciri? Too bad, you die.

But for those who just finished the game; There's one or 2 good things. Now you get to play, get ready for this, a PROPER expansion or two. Pretty incredible in this day and age, huh?

Don't feel sad man, you know u can always re-experience the story and pick the choices you didn't pick to see different outcome that you may or may not have seen either way you get to see Geralt, Ciri, Yen and Triss again along with the other characters.

For me personally completing the main story as well as the DLCs made the game so boring to play. So I just started a new game, have fun and good luck! :)

Had this game borrowed from my cousin last year but I didn't finish it because 1)open-world game is not my my type of game, Gta,Fallout,Skyrim etc 2) medieval times isn't my favourite kind of times either. And also the thought of having side-quests in a game could ruin the immersion of the main-story in the game and made me not interested but I kept playing and fortunately after 8 hours into the game witcher 3 changed my opinion on that.

Good story, atmosphere, character,graphic and music, witcher 3 has all of it. The places especially skellige is my favourite, the beautiful mountain covered with snow, the trees the ocean, love the cozy feeling when playing this game. Most of the side-quests were amazing and I have never even bothered to play side-quest in a video game before.I've never felt so immersed in a video game since tlou(although the game is far like tlou)

Just finished it last week and I felt so empty afterwards especially without ciri, I feel really attached to these characters. Never thought I would spent this much time playing. Fuck. I just love this game so much that I had to make an essay for it. 10/10 would play it again

Devizz;n105213 said:
I bought the game on the day of its release but for personal reasons was unable to play it until now. For the past 2 weeks I have been playing it non stop and I must say it is one of the best games I have ever played in my life.

I got the ending which strongly suggests both Ciri and Geralt died. It is truly tragic but well written, fitting the overall story. With that being said, it is too much for me to handle. XD I did some research and apparently there are multiple endings so I will play the game again to get my current canon ending out of my head because it makes me want to kill myself haha.

I am not sure though why I triggered such a tragic ending, apparently you need to make 'right' decisions, give Ciri some space if you will. I thought I did just that. :( Could it be because both Triss and Yen rejected me? I accidentally told Yen I love her during The Last Wish quest because I felt like it was the right thing to do but other than that I never did anything with her...

Everything else ended well for me I think, I prevented Radovid from coming to power thus the war ended quicker, the girl and not the boy became the ruler of Skellige (I got the impression the girl was more fitted to rule).

Even if I get a different ending now, that first one will forever linger as the 'canon' one... I hope that is not the case and that after I finish the game again I will feel differently. ;( Ehh.

Anyway, had to share, that game was so amazing and emotional. Never expected it to be better than both Witcher 1 and 2 which were amazing as well.

I got such a bittersweet ending with Ciri becoming the new Empress but I felt so disappointed in myself that I didn't really make her happy in the end. No other game has really made me feel like that so I think I would be in the same position as you had I got that ending!

Not sure if it was mentioned (didn't feel like reading the responses) but the ending is based solely on the choices you make (mainly with Ciri I believe).

darkgenie96;n2778983 said:
To be honest, that is the best ending to me. The fact that in the other two endings, where Ciri becomes a witcher or an empress will leave you hanging as after the end game, they are nowhere to be found in the game. Anywhere! Which to me, is even more depressing than Ciri dying. We know that Ciri lives, but we don't know how is she doing. Which doesn't give me the feeling of a closure. As for Triss or Yen, I romanced them but theyre nowhere to be found after the game. Though you can still see them if you download the expansion pack. But still.... Anyone agree with me?

I agree. I got the Empress ending and supposedly Geralt and Yen retired to Kaer Morhen.
Immediatly after the credits I wake up in Kaer Morhen and Yen is nowhere to be found. Really? Just her standing there would have been enough.

Ya, I just finished a recent full playthrough of all the games and as always, it was very depressing when I got done. I'm already ready to start the series again, but need to force myself to wait a while to make it more enjoyable. :)

Top Bottom