Redania's Most Wanted Crystal Question

+
Redania's Most Wanted Crystal Question

So i just made it to the last bit of the quest where i'm supposed to report my findings to Radovid after exploring the place and finding the Megascope crystal but i want to give the crystal to Yen (Since i cant interact with Triss anymore). Is it possible to give the crystal to Yen later after finishing Redania's Most Wanted since i haven't progressed too far into the story or do i have to give the crystal to Yen first before completing the quest?

If you complete Redania's Most Wanted you can't give the crystal to Yen or Triss anymore. Even if you didn't hand it over to Radovid.

Should i just leave the quest alone then until i meet Yen? and if so do i need to complete Redania's Most Wanted for any other important stuff? like to unlock other quests or what not?

Not really, regardless of how you complete this quest the impact it'll have on the main quest is the same. As a matter of fact the impact is the same even if you don't complete the quest. As long as you accept it, and I don't think you can refuse since you're sent to Radovid's ship soon after leaving Whoreson's manor, you should be fine.

Thanks for the help. I'll probably just finish it up and withhold the info about the crystal then.

Just wait until you can give Yennefer the crystal, the quest doesn't fail for quite a while. I already finished act 1 and i still haven't given my report to Radovid.

Okay sure, i just don't wanna miss anything, is there like anything i have to hold off? should i just continue on to Skillege? quests i have so far is The Poet Under Pressure, Now or Never, Destination: Skellige, and Redania's Most Wanted. Am i still good? or what should i do next?

Hmm, i don't want to spoil anything, so i don't want to say explicit names or locations, but rIght now i am level 24, my current main story quest is level 19 and the Most Wanted quest is level 12 and it's still not listed as failed in my quest log and i already had the chance to give Yennefer the crystal, which i did now recently, i just didn't visit Radovid again to finish it.
I didn't even gave the crystal to Yennefer at Skellige, where you meet her the second time, but later somewhere else, not at Skellige.

I have already finished everything main story related in Velen, Novigrad and Skellige for act 1 including The Poet Under Pressure, Now or Never and Destination: Skellige of course, so i am in act 2 right now, which starts after you got the final clue about the whereabout of Ciri.

So you have really a lot of time, just check your quest log regulary for failed quests and you should be fine.

I'm currently at Redanias Most Wanted and I have about it just one serious question ...

Is there a simple way to complete this quest without a single stupid Fail Mark ?

Yesterday I just followed the Game which shows us NATURALLY onlyy 2 Options first - Givre the Crystal Triss or Radovid, by naturally takign the obvious better decision to brign it to Triss, just to learn a few minutes later then, that I get punished by this decsion with the retarded Fail Mark for an OPTIONAL task again, that I haven't brought that stupid Crystal instead to Yennefer >.< Seriously CDPR!!!

So I reloaded the savefile and am now again at the Point, where i can go either to Radovid or Triss for Quest Progression, or wait for it now, until I meet on Yennefer to give it her...
But I'm pretty sure, that if I give it to Yennefer, then will for sure automatically fail the stupid Optional Task, that I haven't given it Triss instead >.<

So my question is here: Is there any likeable way to complete this quest (which doesn't mean giving it to Radovid) to end the quest without a Fail Mark, or is this some kind of brain dead forced upon us Black or White, you will fail so or so at something - quest, where regardless of whatever for a decision I make something will end up for sure with a fail mark in it???

Seriousy, TW3 is the first RPG, that made me seriously absolutely hate optional tasks, because they always end up in this game with a great risk at punishing you with a Fail Mark out of a sudden after it is way too late for you to correct something, uf you luckily don't were smart enough to make earlier some extra savefiles to be ready to jump back in time to a point that allows you to redo your decisions that lead into automatic unpreventable fail marks.

Is it possible for exampel to finish this quest without a fail mark, if you simply give the crystal to NOBODY, or is it high likely, like I learned to get to know CDPR by their type of punishing completionist-antisocial quest design by now, that the quest will then end up as completely failed instead or with two fail marks for neither giving it to Triss/Yennefer??, while still being completed as quest...

Sigh, I can't descrive it, how sick i am of this games punishing unreasonable fail marks for freaking optional tasks about which the game tells you that they exist first, when its already too late for you, like as if you would be some kind of fortune teller, that knows already everything, even unknown things that nobody and nothing in the game tells you, that it exists or is possible to do, before you make your decisions.

Same question, can you complete this quest with no fail objectives if u decide to give it to the ladies, i just dont like red failed objectives esp when they dont pop up in the first place

because they are annoying and make very often no sense.

its also a personal form of playing through the game perfectly, its a challenge simply and its a way to play through the game different, because by playing the game with no fails, you will obviously seet alot of different thigns in the game, then when you would fail alot if things and give a shit about the consequences, its naturally a completely different gameplay experience, than to play the game absolutely carelessly.

many of the fail objectives are also simply bugged or plain simple bad quest design by making secret otional things failable tasks or designing a quest like this, that regardless of what decisions you make you will guaranteedly fail something, or if you want to avoid that, you have to sacrifice for choosing clearly better decision options, like it currently feels for me in the case of redanias Most Wanted, where I practically get punished for my decision by having automatially failed then an secret other optional task, if i give Item X either to person Y, Z or A or simply keep it just to have a 50750 chance then, that either the quest ends then with no fails, or ends with fails for practically everythign or even fails completely as whole quest, or even worser, affects whyever even other quests and lets them fail too like a chain reaction >.>

Somethign like this is simply very frustrating and simply must not be. games should make fun, and not punish players with fail objectives for optional tasks.
Thwe quest log should simply show the player when it comes to optional taskas only, what decision you made, the other optional task then should simply disappear and not get shown as failed objective, becajuse decisions that we han't made, play no role anymore, they become unimportant and have no reason anymore to be shown at all in the quest log.

Only concrete fail objectives, that will definetely lead to failed quests, these kiond of fail objectives should stay, so that you can quickly see, what you did practivally wrong, that lead to the quest failing later. Fail Marks should just work only as "guide marks" to show you, what you should make different to finish the quest without fail marks by preventing, that the action of the fail mark gets repeated on the next try.
Fail Marks should give the player a learning Curve, they should feel to the player like a punishment.
When Fail Marks feel like beign a punishment, rather than a guide on what ypu made wrong, or what you should make the next time different, then Fail Marks simply -"fail at their job" and the game design easily said, completely failed.... puns intended ;)

I'm guessing this "no fail" thing is a product of todays youth, Certain qualifications that are available but nobody can fail them, you just get a lower mark. It teaches nothing.
If you have a quest line in which you have to either save A or B, you have to make a decision. you can complete the quest, but A or B will be dead, so part of the quest is failed. Its not bad quest design.
Bad quest design is the magic lamp with kiera, you automatically get a red failed when you enter the final room because it's impossible to search the room with your witcher senses . Not sure if that's been fixed though.

thats the most idiotic accusation ive ever read ... i'm not a youth, I'm adult and 30 years old and I can still be a completionist.
To say to strive for a perfect playthrough is the result of todays youth is just ridiculous as it makes no sense.

Everybody, regardless of the players age can strive for tryign to get a perfect playthrouhg without any failed objectives or even complete failed quests. its a total legitimate challenge to want to do that. But if a game is so designed from begin on, that you can't do a perfect playthrough because something in the quest design will force you to do a decision, which regardless of what you do leads to an failed objective is just stupid quest design, when the game practically forces you to fail something, no matter what you do ... or to go with a way to end the quest, that is absolutely not the best decision and totally unsatisfying by giving the crystal in this case to Radovid either, or not giving it to him and lying to him that you have found somethign as proof that Phillipa is dead ect pp to make him beleive that she is dead

Both options are stupid, bet options should be the optional tasks, but giving the crystal to A shouldn#t let B automatically fail, because B was from begin on just AN OPTIONAL TASK, not somethign that the games story requires you to do to progress in the story in any kind of way or somethign, that decides in any kind of way about the strory ,how it will continue, other than having only a conseqzence about what certain NPcs later will say so I have heard it and read so far in internet forums...

I'm still at the point, where i have proof ionly, that giving the Crystal to Triss definetely leads to a fail mark for Yennefer ...
I still would like to see a picture from someone, who actually has done the quest by giving the crystsal to Yenner, which shows us, if the quest was that way doable without fail mark, or if by giving it to yennefer lets automatically then the optinal Triss objective...

If I would know this, then i could continue with the quest. IM pretty sure, that someone shoudl be here in the forum, which reads this threead and should have done the quest with Yennefer to provide us as solution a picture of his7her quest log to let us see, how it looks like....

because I don#t want to make a large chunk of the yennefer quests just to be able to give the crystal to yennefer, just to get disappointed then later, that givign the crystal to her changed nothign and it lets the quest then just end cwith a triss fail objective then. That would be alot of wasted time for me, that I could avoid, if someone simpyl can show me here a picture with a yennefer made quest log please.

Because when doing it with yennefer (pun not intended) leads to a perfect green marked end of that quest and doing it with triss does not, then this simply would show us, that in fact the quest would be bugged around the Triss part.
Thats something I want to get cleared.

Come on, one one here, who made this quest wioth giving the crytal to Yennefer, who can provide a picture of the finished quest log of this quest ?

sight.. still no one able to post here a picture of the quest log having done ith with giving it to Yennefer ..

really frustrating...theres over 6 million sold copies of this game and theres no active enough community about this game her,e that such a simple request can be solved by just anyone ??? really sad :(

I dont honestly know, as seeing a "fail" icon on a part of a finished and completed quest does not annoy me at all.

You need to play some Clear Sky. That game will whip you out of this... it may be painful though :p ...

it is annoying as hell, especialyl when you know exactly, that you did absolutely nothing wrong at all in the quest.

This game is still full to the brim with lots of bugged fail objectives, just yesterday I experienced again some new that I didn't knew before, that lead me to multiple times reloading your saves..

its annoyung like nothign else when you have to do that a couple of times in a play session, because of bugged fail objectives, which most oftenly are objectives for stupid optional taskls, that oftenlky wouldn't even be shown to you at all, if you won't do something specific within the quest.
Oftenly these silyl fail objectives just first pop up, when you've finished the quest already, or in certain cases I heard also retroactively when doing other quests, what simply makes no sense, that something of the past fails, when you do other quests

it would deefinetely have been the best for the whole gam,e if CDPR would have completely removed this idiotic fail objective system from begin on, because it produces nothing but just more and more sources for more new bugs with each patch.

or they should change the fail objective system so, that you see only fail objectives as long as you haven't finished the quest to give you just a reminder and what things within the quest you could have done differently to get maybe a different outcome for the quest or maybe different consequences in the game later to see, but right at the moment when you finish a quest, all Fail objectives hsould get completely REMOVED, all green objectives should be simply removed and the only objetive that should be shown for finished quests is then a simple "Solved" or "Finished" and the game should differentiate then just between Finished and Failed Quests without all this Objetivres Nonsense.

Would make alot of things for this game extremely easier, if the objetives system would just get that neccessary simplification to make it stop being such an infested bug generator

PS. and here I hop,e finalyl would answer here, beign able to post a picture of the Questlog from this Quest being finished all green with giving Yen the Crystal ...

sigh...somehow I lose with every day more and more the belief, that there even exists a single active player here, that has done this even at all, but I don't want to believe it...there simply must be someone out there who fullfils this criteria!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom