Palio Race - AARRGGHH!!

+
Palio Race - AARRGGHH!!

This has to be the most frustrating race so far. There is no room for error, you need to run it flawlessly to be able to win.
I've tried numerous times. Once I failed cos I missed a turn. OK, that was my bad, I didn't pay enough attention to the course on the minimap.
I lost a couple of times because Roach got hung up on some obstacle - wall or wooden fence.
Almost won a couple of times but as I was busy fending off one competitor at the bridge just before the end the other overtook me. Count that as poor stamina management.
I have a saddle that gives +70 stamina to Roach, and I quaff the Nekkar Warrior decoction before the race starts so that Roach doesn't get spooked by that wraith that wanders the race course.
The other races prior were a walk in the park compared to this.
</rant>

The Palio is definitely the trickiest race to win (all the others are more or less easy).
If you own the expansions, you may want to get a better saddle from one of them. HoS adds a saddle that gives Roach +85 stamina, and the B&W saddles provide +90 stamina. Unless I'm badly mistaken you can do the Palio as late as you want.

First of all, where did they com up with that name; it sounds familiar?
Second, it took me a while to do it also.
I kept reloading and getting farther and remembering more every time.
Since I wanted the leaders to be happy, though it meant nothing if they weren't, I kept redoing it until I won.

slothman32;n8984920 said:
First of all, where did they com up with that name; it sounds familiar?
Second, it took me a while to do it also.
I kept reloading and getting farther and remembering more every time.
Since I wanted the leaders to be happy, though it meant nothing if they weren't, I kept redoing it until I won.

Palio is a race held in Siena, Italy. It is race form the middle ages when all of 17 different neighborhoods had its own racer. It is even said like that from Cleaver.

There is/was also an Italian car called Palio. The brand is Fiat.

Imo, all the races become busted once you realize you can aggressively block your competitors while recharging your stamina. They can't run past you if you don't allow it.

Yeah it's mostly about getting a good saddle and utilizing blocking, then using your stamina during the last push. Good luck :D

Top Bottom