What are the can't-miss side quests in the main game?

+
What are the can't-miss side quests in the main game?

I'm about to start my 2nd playthrough, and I want to make sure I'm hitting all the best side quests this time through. My first time, I wasn't yet a big Witcher fan (now I'm all about Gwent, reading the novels, playing through the other games in the series), and basically made a B-line toward Novigrad. I also didn't spend a lot of time in Skellige.

What, in your opinion, are the side quests that just should not be missed, and why? Great story? Funny moments? Unique loot?

They're all worthwhile man. Not all of them as unique or high brow as the next one. But almost all of them twist the formula somewhat and keep you engaged or have an engaging little story-line.
If you really want to have a great time with your second playthough, just head into the world and do the quests. A big part of what makes them so engaging is being surprised by how they play out. Don't let people spoil it for you by having them tell you which quests are like that!

VanitasCabal;n9614711 said:
What, in your opinion, are the side quests that just should not be missed, and why?
There are countless little gems tucked within the nooks and crannies of the Witcher's world. It's rather difficult to narrow the list to just a few, but Carnal Sins is quite popular for its dark, engaging, often treacherous twists and turns. Following the Thread is also an interesting adventure, for the rather challenging judgement which the player must make.

Guest 3847602

I try not to rush my TW3 playthroughs, so in each of them I do:
- every sidequest related to the major characters
- those 4 free dlc
- "The Phantom of Eldberg" quest chain
- some minor quests like: "Blood Ties", "A Greedy God", "Little Red", "Black Pearl", "Shock Therapy"...
- from the expansions: "Without a Trace", "A Knight's Tales", "Equine Phantoms"...
Without spoiling anything - they are all well written and unique, some are funny, some are sad, some with interesting moral dilemmas.

Top Bottom