TW3 needs of an EE?

• Yes

Votes: 70 92.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunately, an enhanced edition for The Witcher 3 seems unlikely:
There are no plans for EE W3 - this is completly diffrent this time around because we planed from the start to support the game with 16 Free dlc and 2 big expansiona which are waaay more content than a EE.
(source)

The game is more than 2 years old now, and the developers have moved on to different projects.

Last edited:
Playing the game again one can see how the main quest decreases in quality...
Velen: Mostly awesome. Baron quests are great in every aspect and the Keira quests are top notch
Novigrad part seems to be too mundane and the only interesting character being Djikstra, nothing like Geralt meeting with Emhyr, or Yennefer finding him at White Orchard
Skellige is fun, sure but the characters there still feel a bit bland.
After the battle at Khaer Mohren(wich was really cool :)) it seems that the content has little thought put into it...

I mean, even the White Orchard and the scenes where Geralt is preparing to meet with Emhyr seem to be way more interesting than anything Novigrad/Skellige could offer.
After that there wasn't anything really unexpected or with much sense of wonder.

And there was so little interaction with the wild hunt...

If there's a game that deserves a significant revamp in it's main quest, it's The Witcher 3

I don't think the main quests need a revamp. Story is the heart of an RPG. You can't change it willy-nilly. I didn't have any problems with it or haven't noticed any glaring inconsistencies in the plot. If there would be an Enhanced Edition though, I'd expect to get an upgrade/tweaks on the graphics to make it look more like what it was when it was presented in E3.

Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition

Hi CD Projekt Red,

I love your studio and the sincerity you guys keep showing to the games, I still remember when i wrote you about Witcher 2 feedback that I was able to hear the animal voices like goose, pigs but the villages lacked life, animal models and even horses, you listened to it and added all the things I had posted in the EE edition.

I am now asking, even though you are a small team and busy with cyberpunk and other amazing projects, will there be a plan to release and Enhanced Edition for The Witcher 3?

The EE edition can have option to on EE mod, features, tweaks to FCR3 mod, friendly HUD, Auto loot, Hold interact to lit candles etc, with more customization these mods are currently offering.
please look for releasing a EE edition, I am pretty sure people will buy the copy more, or can these be integrated to the current game as a EE patch?

Thanks and keep up the great work you guys are doing :)

TheFibrewire;n9985461 said:
The EE edition can have option to on EE mod, features, tweaks to FCR3 mod, friendly HUD, Auto loot, Hold interact to lit candles etc, with more customization these mods are currently offering.
Exactly, there are mods for it.
I would not mind to see more of quests, than (minor) gameplay tweaks.

What about Geralt gets somehow "poisoned" and starts to mutate to monster ?
It sounds quite weird, but if you imagine, how many possibilities this can bring...
There could be friends trying to help, Geralt himself trying to find cure before he mutates completely, something with conjuction of spheres,
Geralt could communicate with monsters (or have some link to them), or whatever...

According to this post by Rafal_Jaki, no enhanced edition is planned for Wild Hunt:

There are no plans for EE W3 - this is completly diffrent this time around because we planed from the start to support the game with 16 Free dlc and 2 big expansiona which are waaay more content than a EE.

This was about 15 months ago, but as far as I know, there have been no official news on EE since then, so it seems unlikely. Besides, it would be difficult to make an EE that satisfies everyone and does not end up being a disappointment, what if it does not include Iorveth, for example? :)

TheFibrewire;n9985461 said:
Hi CD Projekt Red,

I love your studio and the sincerity you guys keep showing to the games, I still remember when i wrote you about Witcher 2 feedback that I was able to hear the animal voices like goose, pigs but the villages lacked life, animal models and even horses, you listened to it and added all the things I had posted in the EE edition.

I am now asking, even though you are a small team and busy with cyberpunk and other amazing projects, will there be a plan to release and Enhanced Edition for The Witcher 3?

please look for releasing a EE edition, I am pretty sure people will buy the copy more, or can these be integrated to the current game as a EE patch?

Thanks and keep up the great work you guys are doing :)

Amen to that!

Top Bottom