Abilities Thread

+
I absolutely agree with a nerf to Griffin School techniques. I just completed a playthrough with Griffin Tech and Axii Delusion; every big contract against a single enemy becomes trivial with the ability to Axii stagger followed by two slow attacks while Stamina regens to full. No monster could escape that stun lock.

#straight and quite ranting.

Instead of nerfing the equip/skill instead they should just add resistance to certain signs at certain bosses and by a way lesser degree to minions; stop asking nerf this nerf that, because sure you might like to run around spamming square dodge>spam square>dodge but others people would like to vary their play style. What's the point having a bike to get to work in half the time and then forcing yourself to get to work by walk? Give options, don't remove em'.
After a bit more researches i even discovered they nerfed axii puppet, well that's quite a "banana" move... especially since its biggest use is against minions (wolves nekkers, ghouls, drowners etc) that most of the time rush at you; what gives? If i take 4 seconds to use an ability while the minions can rush at me in less than 3 seconds is plain dumb... (instead why not set it to 2.5-3 seconds of cast at worst); ok i understand the endless stun lock on bosses is wrong but as i said just set resistances to certain sign/effects just like you did in other cases: fire elemental/elementals won't take any considerable igni damage, wraith too aren't affected much by igni, gargoyle/giant doesn't feel too much aard; i'm not a developer but is that hard adjusting monsters resistances to certain abilities (not only signs, but as of now the most viable builds even on the easier difficulties are melee and alchemy...) instead of nerfing everything to dust and making the game overall close to crap outside the visuals and storytelling?
To everyone out there, griffin set doesn't need to have the stamina regen effect removed since faster stamina regen is key for signs even way more than strong attacks with ursine gear... you understand you need oxygen to breath? what do you think would happen if you put yourself in a room without oxygen? Instead i'd rather add a small stamina regen to ursine gear that applies ONLY to melee attacks.
I forgot: please yellow/general skill tree should stay always active instead of wasting a slot OR make it so they act as neutral abilities so they buff either red, blue or green mutagen effects without restrictions OR another solution, add 4-5 slots that can be used ONLY for said skills. As of now they take space reducing the efficiency of mutagens for no big deal...

I understand that vanilla igni was way unbalanced, then i can understand the complete freeze by yrden was broken but setting the slowdown effect that can't go above 42% doesn't matter how heavy investments one put into that sign is bland stupid... at least let it get to 60-70%. I'm talking mostly about signs because i see that with every new patch they're getting more useless; if you don't wan't players to enjoy the game how they want, then remove signs, alchemy and melee skills so we're forced to use only swords and gg......... I understand you want to make things balanced, but balanced not dumbed down so taking in consideration all this, next time don't bother making a game if you're gonna remove any fun to players.

Thanks.

#end rant

Last edited:
I wish to suggest a simple methodology by which Gerault may improve his abilities through simple usage and training over time -though NOT like Skyrim!!! That takes forever. No, instead, simply add more damage capability as he uses skills.
I would also appreciate the ability to heal creatures being added because that talent can be used with great positive and negative consequences....

Top Bottom