x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iorveth and Saskia [Spoilers]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dalayos View Post
    All of this is also why there's a Scoia'tael Gwent deck in-game, when the Scoia'tael themselves don't actually appear. They were meant to at one point, and the Gwent art was completed quite early into development. Unfortunately, the REDs refuse to comment to me on why they were cut so late.
    They did comment to some extent on why Iorveth was cut from the game, there are quotes in TheImpZA's posts on the last few pages of this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dalayos View Post
      Brothers and sisters,don't give up! There is hope that they might someday give us the Iorveth we want.
      Don't waste your words. They don't give a crap about that. Just think that they have sold 25 million copies of TW3 and around 85% of them are console players. This means that most of their new fans don't know who was Iorveth and doesn't care about the character. To the best of my knowledge, If the character is not profitable they wouldn't bother on doing another game or DLC about him. Actually, they haven't done anything that wasn't in their original plans (the main game, the two DLC and the patches)

In any case, is good to see that people still care about this topic

And, speaking of other things, here is a good video made with Holgar's mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIGpKjq5xWw

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam2305 View Post

Don't waste your words. They don't give a crap about that. Just think that they have sold 25 million copies of TW3 and around 85% of them are console players. This means that most of their new fans don't know who was Iorveth and doesn't care about the character. To the best of my knowledge, If the character is not profitable they wouldn't bother on doing another game or DLC about him. Actually, they haven't done anything that wasn't in their original plans (the main game, the two DLC and the patches)

In any case, is good to see that people still care about this topic

And, speaking of other things, here is a good video made with Holgar's mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIGpKjq5xWw

Well can't really give up hope that quickly even if you know how iit all ends,rather not see it that way and keep up hope that someday they might either make a witcher game based on Scoi'atel as main characters or they decided to release someday an enhanced edition with all the cut off content with it(Kovir,Iorveth,monsters,etc).

I still wonder why they went through the effort
        in creating a useless Nilfgaardian base outside Velen and Novigrad but they never bothered inserting Iorveth or the Scoiatel?

Heck Iorveth was replaced with Vex in 2 cutscenes. I thank you for that mod,it might indeed restore me hope and I hope someday modders will create an even more believable Iorveth mode that will pretty much satisfy my lack of Elves haha! I'm not gonna give up just yet, fans do have a loud voice!

Comment

• The only way to re-introduce them both to the story in Witcher 4 is only if CDPR does the Dragon Age Keep thing and allows players to import decisions from all 3 previous games to shape Witcher 4's world state since they were absent in W3.

The biggest decisions will be The Witcher 3 ones obviously (who won the war, fate of Ciri etc), they can't ignore those.

Reintroducing Iorveth will be easy considering he survives the events of W2 no matter what.

Reintroducing Saskia will be harder because she can die, unless they resurrect her like Thaler and once again break the lore.

Reintroducing queen Adda will also be hard since they ignored her completely in Witcher 3 plus they did the horrible and nonsensical Djikstra ending.

Reintroducing the Lodge shouldn't be too hard since their ending was very open at the end of W3.

Francesca will be introduced as a new character for the first time and Keira might make a small cameo depending on whether she survived with Lambert.

We'll see but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toyen View Post
            The only way to re-introduce them both to the story in Witcher 4 is only if CDPR does the Dragon Age Keep thing and allows players to import decisions from all 3 previous games to shape Witcher 4's world state since they were absent in W3.

The biggest decisions will be The Witcher 3 ones obviously (who won the war, fate of Ciri etc), they can't ignore those.

Reintroducing Iorveth will be easy considering he survives the events of W2 no matter what.

Reintroducing Saskia will be harder because she can die, unless they resurrect her like Thaler and once again break the lore.

Reintroducing queen Adda will also be hard since they ignored her completely in Witcher 3 plus they did the horrible and nonsensical Djikstra ending.

Reintroducing the Lodge shouldn't be too hard since their ending was very open at the end of W3.

Francesca will be introduced as a new character for the first time and Keira might make a small cameo depending on whether she survived with Lambert.

We'll see but I'm not holding my breath.

Keep dreaming

Comment

• anyone tried the 'devil's pit mod' on W3 nexus? supposedly has iorveth and saskia and quests. the description isn't highly detailed but looks like it's still in development and an early release.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmywon34 View Post
                anyone tried the 'devil's pit mod' on W3 nexus? supposedly has iorveth and saskia and quests. the description isn't highly detailed but looks like it's still in development and an early release.
                Actually, the description says that there is no quest or interaction with Iorveth and Saskia. Although on the other hand it also says that they are included as NPCs (with their models shown), perhaps there is more content planned with them and it is just not done yet.
                Last edited by sv3672; 30-07-17, 23:32.

Comment

• skacikpl I don't know if you are still active in this forum but, if you are, just to express my deepest thanks for you efforts on making this mod, especially without the support of CDPR and proper modding tools. You just created one of the things that were expected from this game: a lair for the scoia'tel, Iorveth and Saskia.

Also I wanted to say that, despite the fact we cannot interact with the NPC, that book explaining what Iorveth and Saskia have been up to since Loc Muinne was a precious gift for my eyes and a MUCH better explanation than what CDPR did (which means: nothing at all).

Just a question: I know doing such mods requires a staggering amount of time but, are you going to improve it? Adding more scoia'tel NPC, animations or dialogues?

Thanks a lot mate

Comment

• the mod author answered me in another thread and he said 'not yet' in regards to quests so there may be a possibility. I don't even know if dialogue would be possible, if the voice actor for iorveth ever recorded enough stuff, since it's been stated several times they were working on a scoa'tael plot initially for TW3 before it was cut from the game. would be awesome though for dialogue for Iorveth. I don't see how saskia dialogue would be possible though since I don't think CDPR was planning on anything with her, so it's probably highly doubtful there is recorded voice acting for her lying around. correct me if i'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmywon34 View Post
                      it's been stated several times they were working on a scoa'tael plot initially for TW3 before it was cut from the game. would be awesome though for dialogue for Iorveth.
                      Yes, but no one can access to that content. Probably it has been erased or is well hidden. I don't see how anyone could unlock any of that from the game. If they are going to do something, it will be with the dialogues from TW2 or with those small conversations that the voice actor did for some random NPC in TW3 (what a waste)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam2305 View Post
                        Yes, but no one can access to that content. Probably it has been erased or is well hidden. I don't see how anyone could unlock any of that from the game.
                        CDPR probably still have it archived somewhere, but they already told that they do not release any of the unused assets to modders. Of course, almost everything unused has been deleted from the publicly available game data, from the average gamers' point of view, it would just take up extra space.

Comment

• Originally posted by sv3672 View Post

CDPR probably still have it archived somewhere, but they already told that they do not release any of the unused assets to modders. Of course, almost everything unused has been deleted from the publicly available game data, from the average gamers' point of view, it would just take up extra space.
                          Still could be really awsome though :P

Comment

Working...
                          X