E3 Graphics before the downgrade

+

• Total voters

Would you like to see an option probably on pc or even consoles if they can manage it.to be able to download the E3 graphics before the downgrade and use them as a dlc like skyrim did with the free texture dlc.
Come on CDPR please give us that it would even make a lot of new people to buy the game and it would come as a surprise hit 2 years after the witcher launched

I think it is important to note that although the E3 graphics may have "looked" better overall (providing a better aesthetic and atmospheric feel), the new shaders resulting in the perceived "downgrade" may actually be of higher quality, technically speaking.
That does not however mean that the artists did a good job implementing the lighting in the final game, using the tools at their disposal. Far from it. They could have done a LOT better.
Modders like Essenthy and others have proven that it is possible to get a visual representation much closer to E3, far superior than the current vanilla look. CDPR themselves have proven this by implementing improved lighting in the B&W expansion.
Aside from increased number of particles and such which would impact on game performance (but isn't BTW impossible to add) CDPR can definitely give us improved lighting more representative of E3 - if they wanted to.
This is not just about "artistic choice" either. There are some technical problems with the vanilla lighting that were fixed by modders. Sadly, usually these improvements also introduced new problems, but this is because we as a modding community do not have the tools to edit lighting in the game. It has to be done by hand. Trial and error.

It's a strange thing. Since the game was launched, this has been the single largest issue people have taken with the game, but CDPR simply seem to refuse to fix it. They even showed us how they can do much better (B&W), but still they refuse to fix the lighting in the base game.

Maybe they will surprise us one of these days and provide an update with phenomenally improved lighting for the entire base game. That would be characteristic of CDPR.

One can only dream....

cyberpunkforever;n7680440 said:
there is a mod to change the color of Novigrad like the E3 gameplay videos :

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...3/ajax/moddescription/?id=2133&preview=&pUp=1

Yes, I am aware of this mod thank you. I have tried it out and it is definitely a massive improvement. However, I believe it is also still a work in progress so it is not complete and does not include all areas.
I am hoping that the mod author will include all areas to at least make the base improvement to the overall lighting of the game.
Definitely one to keep an eye on...

AlexGrivas;n7697760 said:
Well just look at the village near the hanged mans tree in the start of this video i liked the E3 because it had a lot more atmosphere a lot more than just the graphics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX_WePhiYHE

Indeed, and we have been trying to convince CDPR of this since the game was released....I am starting to think they aren't getting the message.
The most frustrating thing about this is that it's been proven by modders (in their feeble attempts) that the E3 atmosphere CAN BE ACHIEVED! It would enhance this already masterpiece of a game even further.

I'm wondering what their reason is for decreasing the draw distance so drastically. Objects seem to be much more blurred and there is less clarity than the demos. If my current knowledge of game design and programming is correct and at least partially realistic, then I'm certain that they were not able to stick to that graphics standard because the resources were required for other aspects of the game. I've noticed that on my Xbox One copy I get quite low framerates in cities and even some villages in Skellige at times. It seems to be related to the amount of NPCs present, as well. If I had further understanding and knowledge of the game engine, including graphics, physics calculation, AI processes, etcetera, then I'd know for certain. However, not having a PC has rendered that thought impossible for the time being.

I'm sure CDPR have their reasons. Having a massive difference between PC and console versions plays a vital part, no doubt.

Hart95;n7701270 said:
I'm wondering what their reason is for decreasing the draw distance so drastically. Objects seem to be much more blurred and there is less clarity than the demos. If my current knowledge of game design and programming is correct and at least partially realistic, then I'm certain that they were not able to stick to that graphics standard because the resources were required for other aspects of the game. I've noticed that on my Xbox One copy I get quite low framerates in cities and even some villages in Skellige at times. It seems to be related to the amount of NPCs present, as well. If I had further understanding and knowledge of the game engine, including graphics, physics calculation, AI processes, etcetera, then I'd know for certain. However, not having a PC has rendered that thought impossible for the time being.

I'm sure CDPR have their reasons. Having a massive difference between PC and console versions plays a vital part, no doubt.

At some point the official explanation from CDPR was that initially, they had 3 different development channels for PC, XBOX and PS4. The gameplay footage we saw for PC in 2013 and 2014 would have been from the PC dev channel - glorious!
Then they ran out of time and resources and they had to merge development into a single channel. And it goes without saying that the common denominator would be the weakest platform.
What this really comes down to is that PC gamers ended up with an inferior console port.

WalteriusMaximus;n7701420 said:
At some point the official explanation from CDPR was that initially, they had 3 different development channels for PC, XBOX and PS4. The gameplay footage we saw for PC in 2013 and 2014 would have been from the PC dev channel - glorious!
Then they ran out of time and resources and they had to merge development into a single channel. And it goes without saying that the common denominator would be the weakest platform.
What this really comes down to is that PC gamers ended up with an inferior console port.
Entirely understandable, it's almost inevitable these days that a multi-platform game gets a shafted PC port. Therefore, I see no reason for any sort of outrage or disdain towards CDPR. The final product was still entirely pleasant and very enjoyable. They did what they could, we can't ask any more of them.

WalteriusMaximus;n7701420 said:

Well, I am not sure they were using PC on E3 2014 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PNuFKOcu7w

"Early analysis of the The Witcher 3, confirmed as running on Xbox One hardware during Microsoft's E3 2014 conference. It's a 30fps game, and while it wasn't quite locked on that figure at that point, we're pleased to see the game fully v-synced and tear-free."

Here is the whole article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-the-witcher-3-tech-analysis

CDPR is no longer working on The Witcher 3 as we all know, it would take a lot of time and effort to optimize the engine further while increasing visual quality, not to mention the E3 assets should be long gone.

Developers do this constantly, show more than they can bargain for (trying to increase hype), showing footage in High-End PCs with unreal quality that is never present in the final product.

Actually the vegetation color and lighting is more realistic than in e3. What is really bothering me its the orange tint they applied(or filter you name it), it looks awful and hurts the eyes after a long play for me, but it has become a mode now... almost every game now has some special color. But I agree with you guys, the atphosphere in e3 was really impressive... the map, animations, gloomy impression of the swamp...

Evgdan95;n7726500 said:
hurts the eyes after a long play for me

It is not the yellow tint that hurts your eyes (LOL), it's probably your screen's brightness or your habit of playing too long sessions. Go see an optometrist, yo!

Kobi_Blade;n7721190 said:
CDPR is no longer working on The Witcher 3 as we all know, it would take a lot of time and effort to optimize the engine further while increasing visual quality, not to mention the E3 assets should be long gone.

Developers do this constantly, show more than they can bargain for (trying to increase hype), showing footage in High-End PCs with unreal quality that is never present in the final product.

Bethesda was no longer working on Skyrim and after (how many years?) all of a sudden we get an Enhanced version! Never say never....they may well surprise us still.

WalteriusMaximus;n7780710 said:
It is not the yellow tint that hurts your eyes (LOL), it's probably your screen's brightness or your habit of playing too long sessions. Go see an optometrist, yo!

ok I admit it, I exaggerated saying something like this, it's just a way of saying... and with my eyes everything's fine xd

The E3 build appears to have a completely different lighting method and meshes. Its safe to assume these were never applied to the whole world or completely bug tested. To get what you want you're asking CDPR to carry out the final stages of game release (arguably the hardest) all over again , for one platform. (I still don't think the latest consoles have enough grunt for volumetrics, tesselation and the GI method present in E3. They have 4k pixel pumping power but not the effects tourque)

Cyberpunk is their world now.

We can only speculate how much of the game was roughed out in the E3 build. I don't think a one man band can finish a game of this scale like with the witcher 2 enhanced edition.

I would pay for the "the way its meant to be played" version.

Top Bottom