Please add an option to disable timed decisions.

+
Please add an option to disable timed decisions.

I don't want to install a mod. I want CDPR to please add an option to disable timed decisions. In Witcher 2 you added an option to disable QTE's which I greatly appreciated. Also, I don't like the horse riding mechanics. Is there anyway to disable the game from forcing me to ride horseback? The horseback riding completely ruins the game for me. I really want to try this game again, but these two things really bother me.

I play games in Ironman mode and things like poorly designed timed decisions and poorly designed horseback riding can be detrimental to an Ironman play through. Please my friends, please address these two issues.

I played Witcher 1 & Witcher 2 Ironman. The first two games were FANTASTIC for Ironman, but in Witcher 3 I feel the issues of complicated timed decisions & poorly designed horseback riding really ruin the entire experience.

See, I can't RELOAD to change a decision. Once I make it, I have to stick with it and if I don't like it, I start the entire game over again. Normally I can figure out decisions very well, but a poorly designed timed decision like the one with that torturer is VERY difficult to figure out in such a short time frame.

The horseback riding before Keira Metz is unpredictable. You can't look at the road, you have to look at the mini map and it's VERY awkward. Also the horseback riding controls seem to just freak out sometimes and the horse doesn't always do what you expect it to do given your keypress. I wish I could just disable horseback riding. It really ruins the game for me.

If I was a save scumming bastard, none of this would be problematic, but I'm not a save scummer.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
I dont agree with you. But if CDPR adds an option that makes disable time decisions its great but not that you think. Surf on the forum you can pause the game someway i guess. I didn't do or see it but it might be usefull.

luzarius;n9547041 said:
I don't want to install a mod. I want CDPR to please add an option to disable timed decisions. In Witcher 2 you added an option to disable QTE's which I greatly appreciated. Also, I don't like the horse riding mechanics. Is there anyway to disable the game from forcing me to ride horseback? The horseback riding completely ruins the game for me. I really want to try this game again, but these two things really bother me.

I play games in Ironman mode and things like poorly designed timed decisions and poorly designed horseback riding can be detrimental to an Ironman play through. Please my friends, please address these two issues.

I played Witcher 1 & Witcher 2 Ironman. The first two games were FANTASTIC for Ironman, but in Witcher 3 I feel the issues of complicated timed decisions & poorly designed horseback riding really ruin the entire experience.

See, I can't RELOAD to change a decision. Once I make it, I have to stick with it and if I don't like it, I start the entire game over again. Normally I can figure out decisions very well, but a poorly designed timed decision like the one with that torturer is VERY difficult to figure out in such a short time frame.

The horseback riding before Keira Metz is unpredictable. You can't look at the road, you have to look at the mini map and it's VERY awkward. Also the horseback riding controls seem to just freak out sometimes and the horse doesn't always do what you expect it to do given your keypress. I wish I could just disable horseback riding. It really ruins the game for me.

If I was a save scumming bastard, none of this would be problematic, but I'm not a save scummer.

Thanks for reading.

Well, that Keira quest is the only one I can think of where you must ride a horse - unless you join in horse riding competitions, of course. In principle, you can walk/run/swim everywhere.

I've never tried jumping off my horse while racing against Keira, but I reckon you probably could - you'd just lose the race as you'd have to run yourself.

^I think there's a couple more sequences, like when worlds seem to collide, riding with Anna Henrietta. Still, what an odd thing to ask for.

luzarius;n9547041 said:
I don't want to install a mod.
That's your problem.

Top Bottom