Kaer Morhen / Viper Armor still has weird blue line

+

CHC

Forum regular
Kaer Morhen / Viper Armor still has weird blue line

I am still getting this issue where there is a bizarre blue line at the bottom edge of the chainmail, as well as on the right shoulderpad of the Kaer Morhen and Viper sets.

Attached is a screenshot (not my actual shot, but it's the problem I'm encountering).

I was hoping 1.22 would fix this but it looks like it didn't. The issue seems to sporadically appear at some point because I began a new game and it was fine for the first few dialogues, then later I noticed that damned blue seam was back.

Can someone from CDPR confirm that this is NOT how the armor is intended to look?

Thanks!

Also, from what I've heard, all the witcher sets still have that weird vibrant colour scheme, I mean the Kaer Morhen armor now looks far too blueish. I had really hoped something would be done about that. Is this for later ?
I'd be immensely grateful if we could have a word from CDPR about that, because so far nothing in the several thread mentioning/ discussing the issue(s)

Thanks

There is a mod on nexus that fixes these problems by switching all witcher set armors (including Kaer Morhen) back to their original textures, pre 1.21 patch. I recommend you check it out (obviously only on PC).

Yes, I'm aware of that, which a great alternative. but ultimately just a temporary fix in my opinion.
And unfortunately I'm a Xbox one player myself, and so far I'm waiting fingers crossed before playing my favourite game again ^^

CHC

Forum regular
I don't really have any problem with the stylistic choices made in the patch, though I guess I marginally prefer the originals.

But the blue line thing definitely seems like a bug to me? If it's intentional I don't know what its supposed to represent, and that weird violet color is also on parts of the chainmail. It looks like a bugged shader reflecting the wrong color or something like that. Hopefully it gets fixed.

CHC

Forum regular
I've always had Chromatic Aberration off so unfortunately it's not coming from that. It looks to be an actual blemish on the texture itself.

My next guess is Ambient Occlusion. Sometimes game / driver updates can throw the color ranges off (like the "rainbow speckle" bugs that affect other titles). If you're on an Nvidia card, be sure you have that option selected (better quality and better performance on my end, actually.)

See if disabling AO fixes it.

And, for what it's worth, perform a validate / verify through GOG / Steam. Perhaps its data corruption in one of the shader packages.

My next guess is Ambient Occlusion. Sometimes game / driver updates can throw the color ranges off (like the "rainbow speckle" bugs that affect other titles). If you're on an Nvidia card, be sure you have that option selected (better quality and better performance on my end, actually.)

And, for what it's worth, perform a validate / verify through GOG / Steam. Perhaps its data corruption in one of the shader packages.

Again, I'm a console player and I experience this issue, too. I even tried fiddling with video output setting and even my screen display options but this definitely comes from the game. As much as I hope your insight will helpful for PC users, there is nothing similar I can try on console.

CHC

Forum regular

Tried both of those fixes (AO and file verification), unfortunately neither work. I think it's actually ON the texture itself rather than a graphical bug on my end. Either way, it seems unintended.

Tried both of those fixes (AO and file verification), unfortunately neither work. I think it's actually ON the texture itself rather than a graphical bug on my end. Either way, it seems unintended.

Since it's appearing on consoles as well, then it certainly does seem to be a texture / lighting / bump mapping issue in the engine. Send those tickets into CDPR Tech Support if you're seeing this. Please specify the armor type / pieces it affects. (I'm just guessing, but it's likely something that happened when creating the textures for the new dyes.)

CHC

Forum regular
Since it's appearing on consoles as well, then it certainly does seem to be a texture / lighting / bump mapping issue in the engine. Send those tickets into CDPR Tech Support if you're seeing this. Please specify the armor type / pieces it affects. (I'm just guessing, but it's likely something that happened when creating the textures for the new dyes.)

Yep I sent a report, I hope others also do. It's not a major issue but it's just annoying because it was fine before. It's undoubtedly a result of the dye system because it only started happening after patch 1.21.

I just noticed this during a cut-scene, although it only seems to effect the right shoulder (Maybe I simply haven't gotten a good look at the left shoulder, though.). I'm wearing the level 34 Kaer Morhen armor that you get when you start a B&W-only game.

I don't think this bug is only affecting Geralt, but also other NPC's.

I took this picture of Geralt's blue-seamed shoulder, but then I also noticed the priest also had blue lines all around his seams. Look at the seams on the cross on his chest, and along his collar. It's that same weird blue color.

It will probably affect everything that uses particular textures or particular meshes...wherever the bug lives.

CHC

Forum regular
I don't think this bug is only affecting Geralt, but also other NPC's.

I took this picture of Geralt's blue-seamed shoulder, but then I also noticed the priest also had blue lines all around his seams. Look at the seams on the cross on his chest, and along his collar. It's that same weird blue color.

ugh that is terrible! CDRP please fix this! It was perfect before :geraltthatsgood:

Believe it or not this glitch made me stop playing the game, didn't even finish the DLC. Unfortunately, I don't think CDPROJEKTRED will bother fixing this. RIP the only decent looking armour in the game. In my opinion OFC.

Top Bottom