x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russian localization weird dialogue speed up\slow down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SigilFey View Post

This is what is still unclear to me. If different players are seeing different results, that means that whatever the actual issue is may be lessened or even eliminated by people's hardware or configurations. Can both of you list your specs side-by-side?

1.) CPU
    2.) Motherboard
    3.) RAM (amount and speed)
    4.) HDD / SSD (make and model)
    5.) GPU (brand, model, and driver version)
    6.) Sound Card
    7.) Windows Version
    8.) Where you purchased TW3 (Steam, GOG, or Origin)
    I played on "high" settings with ultra for textures and details and was forced to set medium for shadows, otherwise fps start to drop noticeably.

1) Intel i5-6400 2.7
    2) Gigabyte GA-B150M-D2V LGA1151
    3) Kingston DDR4 16 Gb PC4-17000
    4) Game on HDD Seagate ST1000DM003 / OS on SSD Kingston SKC400S37
    5) Gigabyte GV-N1060G1 (GTX1060 6 Gb) driver 21.21.13.7653
    6) About sound I'm not sure because it goes to tv on hdmi, so I don't know if motherboard sound device (realtek) is used at all. Anyway I don't have any special soundcard.
    7) Windows 10 Home
    8) GOG, GOTY version

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinvls View Post
      About sound I'm not sure because it goes to tv on hdmi, so I don't know if motherboard sound device (realtek) is used at all. Anyway I don't have any special soundcard.
      It's still using Realtek -- just outputting through your TV like it would through speakers. I'm not really convinced the sound card is the root of the issue, anyhoo.

Waiting on a couple more spec lists...then we'll see if we can find any matches...
      People always ask me, "What's in the box?" I get the question a lot. "Come on -- what's in the box!?" I won't tell them...but I'll tell you. Go on.
      You can see what's IN THE BOX!!!

Comment

• This is not about different ppl having different results, it's actually about some ppl not caring about this problem too much and doesn't pay attention. I have a few friends who goes like "meh, me no care bout no lypsinc problem", even thou they have them.
        As for the specs:
        1) Intel i7 4770k 3.50
        2) Asus z87-plus
        3) Corsair DDR3 16 PC3-10700
        4) Game on kingston skc300s37a/120g OS on SSD kingston skc300s37a/60g
        5) Gigabyte GeForce GTX980 4096 GDDR5 ram ( always lates version of drivers)
        6) Build in motherboard
        7) Windows 8.1
        8) Steam Goty version. Ofc was playing since release, so everyversion up to 1.15. Then i took a break to replay after both DLC released and then at goty.
        Last edited by Larus.149; 16-04-17, 17:06.

Comment

• I confirm everything said by the previous poster.

1) AMD FX 8320 3.5
          2) ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
          3) Kingston HyperX Fury Red DDR3 16GB 1600 Mhz
          4) Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD
          5) Radeon RX 480 4GB
          6) Built-in
          7) Win7
          8) GOG-activated retail version, non-GOTY. Later switch to GOG GOTY didn't help.
          Last edited by TrueRT; 16-04-17, 17:13.

Comment

• Well, I can already tell that it's certainly not a hardware thing. Thanks for that, though. Having read back through the thread, it seems that whatever it is in within the game somewhere.

Originally posted by Larus.149 View Post
            This is not about different ppl having different results, it's actually about some ppl not caring about this problem too much and doesn't pay attention. I have a few friends who goes like "meh, me no care bout no lypsinc problem", even thou they have them.
            I don't know exactly how the lip-sync works, but it's possible that it was simply an engine limitation that could not be worked around. Also, I've listened to the clips multiple times in a row, but not speaking Russian myself -- I'm unable to even detect it. It was recently announced here that there are no further updates planned for TW3. For what it's worth, I'm sorry for the users that are experiencing this.

If it's any consolation, I played the entire TW1 through twice in Polish with English subs. Not because there was a bug, but because I simply could not tolerate the English voice acting. (It was painful at times.) By comparison, the Polish sounded much more natural...even if I couldn't understand it. I still remember how to say, "Thank you." That's it. I suck at learning languages. Happily, the English acting in TW3 is excellent. Give that a whirl, perhaps.

In conclusion, unless someone can dig into the data files and manage to discover the root of the issue, I don't think there's anything more to be done.
            People always ask me, "What's in the box?" I get the question a lot. "Come on -- what's in the box!?" I won't tell them...but I'll tell you. Go on.

Comment

• Well, my biggest problem with this situation is lack of any sort of reaction from devs\mods on release or in the next 2 years. That is actually heartbreaking.

Comment

• I sympathize, but the reality of any sort of artistic endeavor is that, while never really done, it does eventually have to end. I wish that I had endless piles of money and limitless time every time I direct a performance. But no...I have maybe 3 months, largely student or community cast and crew, and can't afford to completely finish painting the set because we have no more funds at that point. We need to re-do the lighting for certain scenes instead. Even if audiences love it and we make a massive profit, I'm left rankled by the things we couldn't "get right".

But then the theatre goes dark; everyone moves on. Those stupid, unlit patches will now bug me every time I see them in the videos. No going back, though.

Comment

• What bugs me the most is that they had enough money to hire actors and do an amazing work on the localization. The text part and voices are great. Yet, all these money and effort, all the actors' work, it's all flushed down the toilet due to someone's f*** up with the timings. Sure it's possible to manually rework all the cutscenes and fix the broken product that was sold to people, but why. It has already been sold, why care anymore, meh.
                  How ironic it is to read some pre-release articles now where it states that CDPR cares greatly about localizations and believes that proper translation is the key to immersion. And here i am stuck with either broken russian version, the polish one which i honestly don't understand all that much, and very "sterile" english version with batman-like Geralt's voice.
                  Last edited by Ray76; 10-05-17, 21:14.

Comment

• Soooo, i heard there is a PS4pro patch coming and and some stuff dor OneX. Any chance the will jam in some localization fixes? =) Pretty please.

Comment

• We can hope, but there are no official details released about it yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X