"The Witcher 3 has stopped working"

+
"The Witcher 3 has stopped working"

System Model: MacBookPro11,2(Paralled system on win7-64bit )
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770HQ CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Display: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 5200, 1696MB, 1920*1200(32 bit)

I bought TW3 in steam and run it on Win7-64-bit, every time I start TH3 through steam, it comes up a black screen and shows that "the witcher 3 has stopped working. I have difficulties uploading the screenshot, the below is some of the problem details:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: witcher3. exe
Application Version: 3.0.4.50268
Application Timestamp: 555cb241
Fault Module Name: igdusc64.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.15.10.9141
Fault Module Timestamp: 526edbd9
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception offset: 00000000000000083d2
etc,

I searched many forums for the solution, and even download the visual studio to debug the problem, but it doesn't help.

PLEASE HELP!!! Thank you!!!

I have the same exact problem, have you found any fixes, or help full tips because this is so frustrating. I tried verifying my game cache, changing download location, etc and nothing has worked!

Hi all,
I've quite similar issue. I'm playing The Witcher 3 using GoG Galaxy, since I read about problems with Steam and game is working quite well, fluently and actually nice. Unfortunately when you hold a moment or during long discussions (I just found Yen and characters are talking since 15 minutes) game freeze and there are no other solutions less than CTRL+ALT+CANC and kill process. Since in this moment is rare to have possibility to save game, I'm forced to re-start chapter again and again, hoping that game doesn't stop until next save is allowed.

My computer is a DELL Alienware with Windows 8.1 64bit, 32GB RAM Memory, Intel i7-4900MQ 2.80GHz processor and NVidia GeForce GTX 780M Video Board.

I've already tried to verify game but nothig changed and I'm going to be really frustrated.

Please find a solution soon. it's expected that a so expensive game should work...

Hello Guys I found something that worked for me, I normally use a program called Overwolf, and whenever I tried to play the game with Overwolf running I kept getting the same error (TheWitcher3.exe has stopped working) whenever a tried to start the game. If I close overwolf then the game works. I hope this helps.

Ok i got it you download the latest intel graphics drivers and yo u can play... but too much lagging stutering need some help with this now....

Ok i found a solution but i think it is only for the pc with switchable graphic cards
mine switches between amd and intel hd
so i changed the setting from Not Assigned to High Performance

and the game worked fine

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
Top Bottom