"Warble of a Smitten Knight" Archery contest problem

+
"Warble of a Smitten Knight" Archery contest problem

Hi folks,
I am using a vanilla install of the GOTY Witcher 3, from GOG, on PC (Windows 7). No mods.
My problem is this:
Every time I try to complete the Archery contest in "Warble of a Smitten Knight", after I shoot a couple of targets, Geralt points his crossbow to the left at the other competitor, Prince Horn, and locks onto him. I can't budge Geralt from pointing his crossbow at Prince Horn, and I can't shoot, so I always lose the contest. How do I prevent this lock-on from happening? It happens every single time, and I haven't found anyone else reporting the problem. Please help!

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Well, this quest is synonymous with "Heeelllp!", but I've never come across this particular issue before. Are you using any mods, or have you ever used any during that playthrough?

Has this issue ever been fixed? I also have this happen every single time i try the competition. I have never installed any mods. I cant get the steam achievement like this!!!

Whatever issues remain in the game could not be fixed because either the source of the issue could not be found, or the "fix" would have broken other aspects of the game. Unfortunately, several of the bugs are so random they could not be reproduced reliably on CDPR's end.

Best bet now is to reload to a point before the quest appeared in your journal and play through again. Be careful to "follow the path" the game is setting out for you, and ensure you don't miss any steps along the way, e.g. finding all the "clues", talking to all the appropriate NPCs, avoid all fast travel during the quest itself, etc. I wish I could help more, but I don't think it's ever been discovered why this issue happens for some players and not others.

Top Bottom