Black Screen During Cutscenes

+
Black Screen During Cutscenes

This problem started after I install windows 10.
Failed solutions:
I reinstall game,
Verify integrity game file,
Reinstall driver,
Change display mode,
Change Nvidia controll panel settings.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums, MGTenshi!

Sounds like the new OS is blocking permissions / not configured properly for the game.

1.) Am I to understand that the game was running fine before you updated to Windows 10?

2.) Is this the same system (hardware)? Can you please provide more info: system specs, where you got the game, which version you're running, etc?

3.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any? If so, uninstall (do not simply disable) all mods and any mod manager you used to install them.

4.) Please ensure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). (This may require you to relocate your entire Steam / Origin / Galaxy directory. Direct download GOG installations can simply be dragged and dropped into a new location.) After doing this, set witcher3.exe to "Run as administrator".

5.) Ensure the driver you're using is an official reference driver, and ensure that the version is compatible with Windows 10. Install the driver itself using the CLEAN installation option.

6.) After ensuring all of the above is in order, run another verify / repair.

SigilFey;n9084270 said:
Welcome to the Forums, MGTenshi!

Sounds like the new OS is blocking permissions / not configured properly for the game.

1.) Am I to understand that the game was running fine before you updated to Windows 10?

2.) Is this the same system (hardware)? Can you please provide more info: system specs, where you got the game, which version you're running, etc?

3.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any? If so, uninstall (do not simply disable) all mods and any mod manager you used to install them.

4.) Please ensure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). (This may require you to relocate your entire Steam / Origin / Galaxy directory. Direct download GOG installations can simply be dragged and dropped into a new location.) After doing this, set witcher3.exe to "Run as administrator".

5.) Ensure the driver you're using is an official reference driver, and ensure that the version is compatible with Windows 10. Install the driver itself using the CLEAN installation option.

6.) After ensuring all of the above is in order, run another verify / repair.

Thanks for answer.
1.) Yes. Game was working fine when using Windows 7.
2.) Yes. I'm using same hardware. (Evga Gtx 1060 SC, Intel i5 7600, 16 GB Ram, MSI B250M PRO-VD Motherboard). I have steam version. Game v 1.31.
3.) No I never used mod.
4.) Game location F:\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3
5.) I reinstall graphic driver
I tried all of them, but nothing has changed.

Updating to a new version of Windows can cause this type of issue from time to time. Please, send this into CDPR Support while we fiddle.

The Windows 10 Creator's Update has been problematic for a lot of users. (I'm still using Win 7 myself, so I'm not much help there.) If this is the root of the issue, it may simply be something that a future Windows patch will help, so stay current with those updates! Are you experiencing any problems with other games, notably those on Steam? Moving along the path here:

1.) You can try reinstalling / repairing all of the following redistributables:
Direct X 11 / 12
Direct X 9.0c
Visual Studio 2010 through 2015 (both the x86 and x64 for each)
Visual C++ 2010 through 2015 (x86 and x64 for each)
.NET Framework
XNA Framework

2.) Uninstall Steam, along with all games. Run CCleaner to fix registry errors. (In this case, I would keep a backup of each scan. Normally, the program works without any issues whatsoever, but the Creator's Update seems to have made a lot of changes under-the-hood that were not documented. I would not foresee any problems, but better safe than sorry!) Run the scan over and over until it reports back "No conflicts detected". Then, restart your PC and run the scan repeatedly again. Keep following these steps until the program reports "No conflicts" immediately following a restart. At that point, install Steam again to a different location. Such as F:\MyGames\Steam...

3.) If even this does not work, then it may be necessary to either wait for another update. Alternatively, you can reformat your drive and install a clean version of Windows 10. "Updates" from one version of Windows to another are almost never problem-free, especially if the prior installation of Windows was used for a long time. I would certainly wait to hear back from the official CDPR Tech Support before taking this step, though.

Feel free to keep posting any new discoveries! It's fiddlin' time! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom