Aerondight bug.

+
Aerondight bug.

Hello every-one, I have spicific bug with my Aerondight ( Yeah - silver sword from the lake )
It simply doesn't get charged anyway I tried to hit differeft types of foes.

What I've done before creating this Topic.

1.I load older save before I got sword (1.Got from the lake again and added it via console ) No resaults - no charge.
2.I turned off all of my mods and did the same as 1th step ) Nothing.
3.I reinstalled only BaW ( nothing ) then I just reinstalled the game ( Nothing. )
4. Specially I used some mods to change Aerondight stat and look to trigger any difference and charging. ( Nothing )
5. I drop sword, taking again, make new slots, and ect.( Nothing. )

Only thing is work Is starting exactly ( new save ) As for example - I started BaW standalone and immediatly added sword via console And It was working.

I suspect something wierd with my ( save file ) It looks like Aerondight ment not to work there.

I understand some-one says ( Start new game ) I started Witcher 3 about 10 times and last one I got to far by all( map, dlc, quest, bounties )

So pls, any tips to fix this. Should I do any manipulations with my save files?

0.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any? (If using some now, uninstall them all.)

1.) Empty your entire inventory into a stash. Be sure you remove all gear, bombs, pocket items (like the torch). Get Geralt down to his undies.

2.) Travel to a different region (Velen, White Orchard, etc.) and retrieve all of your items from the stash there. Fast-travel back to Toussaint and see if it works.

SigilFey;n9201191 said:
0.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any? (If using some now, uninstall them all.)

1.) Empty your entire inventory into a stash. Be sure you remove all gear, bombs, pocket items (like the torch). Get Geralt down to his undies.

2.) Travel to a different region (Velen, White Orchard, etc.) and retrieve all of your items from the stash there. Fast-travel back to Toussaint and see if it works.

No works, I got to ng+ for test and something changed. I can see now sword charging ICON, BUT sword still doesnt get charged and icon is permanently showing there, even after I took the sward away.

erhjg19;n9212641 said:
No works, I got to ng+ for test and something changed. I can see now sword charging ICON, BUT sword still doesnt get charged and icon is permanently showing there, even after I took the sward away.

Well...that's not promising. It's most likely either a conflict from a mod, or some really random issue. The one thing you could try is getting rid of the present Aerondight and using console commands to spawn a new one. The command is:

additem('Aerondight EP2')

Other things of note... It's potentially harmful to the game to uninstall DLC after playing with it installed. That can create other issues. You can simply run a verify / repair through Steam / GOG / Origin and it will patch up any files it discovers need fixin'.

Mods are normally the culprits with things like this. Even though the mod itself may have been removed, the reference data for that mod may still be resident in your save-state. Since Aerondight works differently than other swords, altering any part of it or altering any mechanics that it relies on (even though they may not seem to be directly related) could have permanently altered the way it works in your saved games. (I'm also not clear on what you've written in your OP. Did you use any mods before the bug appeared, or did you only install mods for the first time after the bug appeared in an attempt to fix it?)

If creating a brand new Aerondight via the console doesn't work, then I'm not sure there's anything else to be done except starting a new game. :(

Top Bottom