Winning fights in underpants on Death March

+
Winning fights in underpants on Death March

If I am on DM, Geralt wearing underpants, fighting wraiths who are one level above him, should they not kill him with one hit? Even if I use alchemy. They don't kill him when they hit him and I'm defeating them easily. I'm sorry if this question doesn't belong under this topic, but I'm seriously worried there's something wrong with my game. Or is this normal? If it is, why am I even spending time and money on enhancing my armor? Watching Geralt run around in underwear is more fun anyway. :) I'm not complaining just asking as I'm interested in other players' thoughts and feelings regarding this issue.

Well...it depends...on a fair few things.

1.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any?

2.) Deathmarch does not, necessarily = one-hit kill. There is a damage spread, so enemies won't always cause "max" damage. The HP pool for Geralt increases with level, as well.

3.) 1 level above you is really not much of a difference either. If Enemy Scaling is on, that could be lowering the overall damage output.

4.) Damage is reduced if struck while blocking, rolling, dodging, or in some cases attacking, I think.

Besides, I know wraiths have this terrible reputation as being horrendously difficult enemies, but that's not really true at all. I've always found them too be fairly simple. They don't really cause any more damage than anything else, it's just that trying to go on the offensive against them is, generally, a terrible idea -- especially if there are multiple wraiths. That's pretty much suicide. Have to fight almost 100% defensively, is all.

Hope that helps! (If using mods, post back with likely suspects. Also, how much health are you losing if they hit you?)

Thanks for your answer.

I play on an Xbox One S - no mods.

The fact you didn't outright say "this is impossible! there's something wrong with your game!" makes me think there is actually nothing wrong and this is how it is supposed to work.

I just completed the Novigrad quest Now or Never in underwear with the basic griffin silver sword. I was nearly lvl 16 when I started. Lvl 14 temple guards took one third of my full health with one hit. Lvl 15 mucknixers and the lvl 14 katakan took only a little bite of my health if they hit me.

I do roll around like there's no tomorrow so maybe that is taking away some of the damage as you suggested.

I have my lvl 18 enhanced griffin armor ready... I'll just play naked until I reach that level and then put it on. :)

hangyaboly;n9746331 said:
Thanks for your answer.

I play on an Xbox One S - no mods.

The fact you didn't outright say "this is impossible! there's something wrong with your game!" makes me think there is actually nothing wrong and this is how it is supposed to work.

I just completed the Novigrad quest Now or Never in underwear with the basic griffin silver sword. I was nearly lvl 16 when I started. Lvl 14 temple guards took one third of my full health with one hit. Lvl 15 mucknixers and the lvl 14 katakan took only a little bite of my health if they hit me.

I do roll around like there's no tomorrow so maybe that is taking away some of the damage as you suggested.

I have my lvl 18 enhanced griffin armor ready... I'll just play naked until I reach that level and then put it on. :)

Are you using enemy scaling? The tiny little bite of health sounds awfully odd...but on the other hand, playing naked may also be throwing the system for a loop somewhere. :p

Maybe fight something that seems to be "really forgiving", then quickload and put on any armor you have handy. See if that changes the damage?

(I also love the sentiment of: "Oh. Not a 'high enough level' to flippin' wear these clothes, huh? Not skilled enough to put that shirt on? Okay. Alright. Fine. Then...I'll just wear NOTHING until I 'learn more'. You got it. Let me just strip down to my jimmies, and then I'm gonna go punch that zombie thing in the face. Unbelievable. Don't come crying to me when I get torn in half by an angry beaver or something. Gotta be kiddin' me... [Oh...strange. That hardly hurt at all...])

I checked and enemy upscaling was OFF. Before I read your suggestions above, I had completed the White Lady quest (suggested lvl 16, my lvl 16) in underwear. If she "rushed through" me like wraiths usually do, she took a big chunk of my health, roughly third.

Then I went on to the Deadly Plot quest (suggested lvl 14, my lvl 16) which gives you the option to fight three rock trolls in a cave. I killed them naked with enemy upscaling OFF then reloaded and killed them naked with enemy upscaling ON. I didn't notice any difference between the two fights. Both were painstaking, I did little damage to them while they took one third of my health if they hit me without my quen shield. But if I had my exploding quen shield on, they did no damage to me at all.

In any case, I'm now leaving enemy upscaling ON.

Then I bought some non-witcher armor: lvl 17 Ard Skellig aketon, Assassin's trousers, Assassin's boots, lvl 16 Assassin's gauntlets, Nilfgaardian longsword (steel)
At this point I was level 17 and the normally lvl 1 wild dogs at the Hanged Man's Tree were lvl 17 due to the upscaling. I killed them naked with the basic griffin silver sword then reloaded and killed them with the above mentioned armor and steel sword. Again I noticed no difference between the two fights. In both cases, it took them 4 or 5 bites to almost deplete my health.

Can it be that this game could be completed in underwear even if you suck at video games as much as I do?

I'm at a total loss. It doesn't sound right...but I have no idea what would cause that. You may want to contact CDPR directly about it. It certainly sounds odd, but I can't 100% guarantee there is or isn't an issue.

http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/

I imagine everything is fine, as you'll likely have a bit of a buffer for Level 1 enemies by the time you're Level 17. Plus, enemy scaling is a bit wonky at times. I must shrug. I hope you eventually find an outfit you like and are able to be killed by things again!

Top Bottom