Toxicity tolerance abilities bug?

+
Toxicity tolerance abilities bug?

Either I'm doing something wrong or there is a bug in current release 1.31. All abilities changing maximum tolerance level for toxicity are not working for me. The level stays at 100 although passive ability should add 30 and ability from alchemy tree should also add something from the know recepies. Can anyone confirm if there is a known issue for that?

Welcome to the Forums, Ziele83!

1.) Are you using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

2.) Try running a verify / repair through Steam / GOG / Origin.

3.) If the problem persists, ensure you are not under the effects of any potions. Remove all skills / mutagens, unequip absolutely everything (weapons, armor, potions, bombs, etc.). Travel between regions (e.g. Velen to Skellige). Try equipping skills and mutagens again, and see if that has any effect.

There are some bugs remaining, but they come in two varieties: a.) they are too random, and the cause could not be found, or b.) the fix would have knowingly caused other parts of the game to break. Many of the issues are the result of games begun in one version, then continuing the same playthrough through multiple updated versions. In general, games begun under v1.31 should be pretty bug-free. I've played through almost 5 times, and I've encountered only odd, minor glitches this time through. Completely avoiding odd issues may require a restart, but most problems can at least be worked around.

I seem to have a similar problem. No matter what I do, I cannot get my Max Toxicity above 247! I am on patch 1.31, my 2nd play through (did not have this problem with 1st play through); not NG+, and I have nearly every potion, etc. I have tried removing and reactivating Alchemy skills. My Geralt is level 37. Based on what I've read, my max toxicity should be in the 300s?

A few possibilities:

1.) Using any mods, or did you ever use any in the past?

2.) How long have you been playing that particular playthrough? If the game has undergone many updates over time, it's possible that issues may have arisen that cannot be retroactively fixed. The only way to correct them may be to start a new game, Gerlat Level 1.

3.) Have you trialed the actual level in gameplay? Several times in the past, there have been issues that were simply display bugs. Increase your toxicity, and keep track of the values yourself to test. It could be that the limit is displaying incorrectly, but the actual gameplay application is at the correct value.

Let us know how it goes!

Top Bottom