After launching the game, the credit display screen does not disappear.

+

"The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition" as a purchase in the Steam.
After launching once as startup confirmation, it ended and it started after that, it fell into this problem.
After I pressed the skip and pressed the cross key, I heard the sound moving the cursor and I heard the song again, probably thinking that behind the screen is working normally.

· Tried things
re-install
Reinstall by changing drive
Disable DLC
Delete local save data (disable Steam Cloud)
Delete Steam's cache

· PC specs
CPU: Intel Corei 7-7700K 4.2 Ghz
Memory: 16 GB
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Welcome to the Forums, yoruya!

Sorry you're having trouble getting the game to launch, but I'm not sure I understand your post completely. Can you elaborate on or try to rephrase the following:

1.) "...credit display screen..." Do you mean the intro logos and cinematics?

2.) "After launching once..." Meaning, it did launch the first time, and you did get to the main menu? Were you able to actually play that first time?

3.) "...it ended and it started after that..." Not understanding this at all. What ended and what started after what?

4.) I'm not sure what you mean by the "cross key"? Are you referring to a game icon that you click on...or a button on your keyboard? The "X" button on a gamepad?

5.) "...probably thinking that behind the screen is working normally." So, you are hearing the music and logos playing even though you're minimized to the Desktop? Do you see an active icon on your Windows taskbar?

Please answer each of the above if the problem persists. In the meantime, if you can also ensure the following, general troubleshooting steps:

1.) Be sure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). These are protected directories in Windows and it can introduce issues, even using standard Administrator accounts. Best bet is to install all games to the root of the drive or a folder of your own creation, i.e. C:\The Witcher 3\... or C:\MyRPGgames\The Witcher 3\... (If using Steam, you can simply follow these steps for moving an existing Steam installation. You'll likely have to verify each of your games once after doing this.)

2.) Add the game to the exceptions list for your anti-virus, firewall, etc.

3.) Set the game's .EXE to "Run as administrator". If using Windows 10, be sure that the Permissions for the game's folder and the ...Documents\The Witcher 3\... folder are set to "Everyone".

4.) Disable any Steam overlay features.

Let us know how that goes!

No Title

Thank you.
And I'm sorry it's hard to understand because I use Google translation.

I tried looking at the general troubleshooting steps, but it seems that there is no effect.

1) It is the first screen to appear. I attach an image. (1st sheet)
2) It ended in the middle of the opening movie
3) It means that when you end the game and start it again.
4) I am sorry, it is a joystick on the game pad.
5) Since it is set to start up in full screen, it can not be minimized.
However, it seems that music stops when opening other windows by switching tasks.

Also, before trying the general troubleshooting steps, I tried hitting the X button at the same time as starting up the game, and I reached the title screen. (Attached 2nd sheet)
However, the screen freezes there.
By pressing the X button on the game pad and the Enter key on the keyboard, I reached from the new game to the load screen, but screen freeze and BGM stopped occurred. The application will be unresponsive on Windows Task Manager.

Attachments

• photo189672.png
    photo189672.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 110
  • photo189682.png
    photo189682.png
    662.4 KB · Views: 564
yoruya;n10163882 said:
Thank you. And I'm sorry it's hard to understand because I use Google translation.

I thought it might be something like that. :) What's your native language? (For what it's worth, Google Translate is getting quite a bit better!)

Tell me if this sounds right:

1.) The first time you launched the game, it crashed to the Desktop partway through the opening movie (Geralt and Vesemir searching for Yen / the big battle scene).

2.) Upon trying to restart the game, it would minimize to the Desktop at the first copyright screen, but you could hear the game running in the background.

3.) You can reach the main menu by hitting "X" or "Enter" to skip by the cinematics, but the main menu will quickly hang. (What's a "BGM stop"? Are you referring to a BSoD...something like this?)

Be sure to try the general troubleshooting steps in my post above. If they have no effect, try completely disabling your anti-virus, set Steam to Offline Mode, and try to launch the game like that.

Can you post the complete install path of the game?

What is your User Account Control set to in Windows?

What driver version are you using and where did you download them from?

My mother tongue is Japanese.

1) Yes, if the memory is confirmed, I exited the application after switching the screen with Alt + tab.
2) That's right.
3) Yes. BGM stands for background music.

I tried disabling offline mode and McAfee's firewall and real time scanning, but it is no good.

· Install path
E: \ game \ SteamLibrary \ steamapps \ common \ The Witcher 3 \

My PC administrator is me.
Running as an administrator is applied to witcher3.exe.

The version of the driver is displayed as 23.21.13.8871 in Windows properties.
NVIDA's GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER, Ver. 388.71 is downloaded from the following URL.
http://www.nvidia.co.jp/download/driverResults.aspx/128482/en

yoruya;n10165482 said:
1) Yes, if the memory is confirmed, I exited the application after switching the screen with Alt + tab.

This could be part of your problem. TW3 does not like task-switching, and it takes an enormous amount of system resource overhead to be able to switch away and successfully recover. Plus, if you do this, it will switch the game to Borderless or Windowed mode in order to minimize, and may not be able to switch back to Fullscreen when you restore it. Try manually editing your user.settings file and ensure the following is set: FullScreenMode=2. Also, ensure that user.settings itself is not set to "Read only".

Another path of thinking, try rolling back your GPU drivers. I'm using the Nvidia Reference 381.65 drivers on my 980 ti without issue, so I recommend trying those. Just ensure you select the CLEAN installation option.

(Also, if you feel there may be any miscommunication, you can try contacting pinoko via PM and explaining in Japanese. I think I understand what you're seeing now, but better safe than sorry. :))

SigilFey, thank you for the headsup. I'm going to follow this thread from now on.

And yoruya. Welcome to the forum! I adore your effort to write in English because unfortunately there is no JP forum of The Witcher Series (yet), so that your posting here is totally right.
As for the problem you mentioned, feel free to send PM to me anytime you want as SigilFey told you.

Cheers.
pinoko(一応日本語フォーラムのモデレーターをやらせてもらっています)

Last edited:
SigilFey

I've got a PM from yoruya yesterday.
Now I’ll translate as much as possible, though I'm not familiar with PC at all like you:p

It would be appreciated providing him/her with any further advises if you could.
Cheers.
---------------------------------------
  • Symptoms
  • How this happened:
    When (s)he launched TW3 for the first time, (s)he quit TW3 halfway through the opening movie in order to make sure that TW3 run properly.
    At that time, the movie worked well.(without blackout)
    After that, this problem occurred.
  • Troubleshooting (s)he's already done:
  1. Change the installation folder of TW3
  2. Unset the read-only setting of installation folder and save folder
  3. Reinstall TW3
  4. Set the "exe file" of TW3 to run as administrator
  5. Disable DLC
  6. Disable save data of SteamCloud & delete local save data
  7. Disable Steam overlay
  8. Start TW3 without anti-virus software
  9. Update and roll-back the video card drivers
  10. Disable overlay “NVIDIA GeForceExperience”
  11. Change the graphic (quality) setting into lowest
  12. Uninstall and reinstall TW3 by using the software “IObituninstaller” which deletes related files
  13. Uninstall and reinstall TW3 and steam
Appendix:
-(S)He has not sent the ticket to the support yet.
-Following your advice (#6), (s)he confirmed that user.settings file is "FullScreenMode=2" and also ensured that user.settings itself is not set to "Read only", which doesn't seem to work still.

Last edited:
Heya! Sorry -- I've been trying to respond since this morning. (Having some technical problems of my own! :p)

EDIT:
Thanks to another member -- I was reminded of something else! Install / update / repair all of your Microsoft Redistributables:
Direct X 11 / 12 (whichever you use)
Direct X 9.0c
.NET Framework
XNA Framework
Visual Studio
(from 2010 to the latest version, installing both the x86 and x64 versions of each)
Visual C++ for Studio (2010 - present, x86 and x64 of each)

This has a good chance of fixing the issue outright. I would do this first.

Basically, it sounds like the 2D cinematics are working fine, but the visuals choke when they need to display in 3D. Let's check the screen resolution in Nvida Control Panel.
AspectRatio.JPG

If you're using a monitor with a non-standard resolution, you'll likely wind up with a screen that displays black borders around the image. Or the image may be pushed to one side of the screen. That's fine, as long as the image is not distorted. (If 1920x1080 is too large for your monitor, drop to 1600x900 for now, then ensure the game is set to run at the same resolution.) While trying this, can you also post your monitor's:
1.) brand / model?
2.) native resolution?
3.) max refresh rate?
4.) does it have Gsync?
5.) part of a multiple-display setup? (If so, what else is hooked up?)
6.) are you using DSR through Nvidia CP (to force 2K / 4K resolutions)?

It sounds like the GPU and/or monitor is having trouble switching from the 2D to 3D processor. It's something that's fairly common with legacy titles, but I have no idea why TW3 would cause the issue. Scaling could theoretically introduce it...but...overall...weird issue. Good one!

If this has no effect, I think it's best to get that support ticket going with CDPR. Be sure to include a dxdiag (run using the 64-bit option). We can continue troubleshooting here in the interim, though!

Last edited:
solved!
Apparently, installation of Visual Studio seems to be a clue to solving.
Thank you for your help!
I will play from now.

yoruya;n10313882 said:
solved!
Apparently, installation of Visual Studio seems to be a clue to solving.
Thank you for your help!
I will play from now.

Hoorays! And thank TRbigboulder as well. It was his mention of it in his own post that reminded me. PCs...:rolleyes:.

Now, I wish you happy trails on the corpse-strewn byways and reeking backwaters of Velen!

Top Bottom