Frame drops when I stop sprinting

+
Frame drops when I stop sprinting

Hey all,
I know this is a strange and probably not that important problem, but I get a somewhat decent frame rate drop, say from 60 to mid/low 40's, whenever I stop sprinting in the game. After about a second they return to normal. But, it happens very consistently almost every time. Was wondering if there are others?

Welcome to the Forums, dharksyde!

Hm. Sounds like streaming data "catching up" when you stop, which is odd. What are the specs and game settings? Any mods?

I believe that whilst sprinting the level of detail is reduced slightly. Thus the momentary frame drop upon stopping may be the result of the graphical details being restored to full levels.

Riven-Twain;n10649631 said:
I believe that whilst sprinting the level of detail is reduced slightly. Thus the momentary frame drop upon stopping may be the result of the graphical details being restored to full levels.

Interesting...does this happen at all detail levels? Maybe it applies only to Low --> Medium? I don't think I ever noticed that before, but I could easily see that causing the stutter, especially if specs are at or below minimum.

SigilFey;n10651381 said:
Interesting...does this happen at all detail levels? Maybe it applies only to Low --> Medium? I don't think I ever noticed that before, but I could easily see that causing the stutter, especially if specs are at or below minimum.

I'll have to check again to make quite certain, however, I believe it occurs at all levels. Whether it causes a dip in fps may depend in a system's specs, though.

SigilFey , I checked again on Ultra with my GTX 970, and, as far as I could tell, it's rather subtle: While sprinting, the visuals change slightly -- a sort of motion blur for near objects, even if the effect is disabled. Once Geralt stops, the textures take a moment to come back into focus, which may account for the frame drop on some systems, although a twenty-frame dip seems a bit drastic.

Riven-Twain;n10654221 said:
SigilFey , I checked again on Ultra with my GTX 970, and, as far as I could tell, it's rather subtle: While sprinting, the visuals change slightly -- a sort of motion blur for near objects, even if the effect is disabled. Once Geralt stops, the textures take a moment to come back into focus, which may account for the frame drop on some systems, although a twenty-frame dip seems a bit drastic.

Agreed. I'll look again and see if i can detect any drawing being disabled. I think what I see on my end is like you describe: a shift in the camera's FoV (so slight as to have virtually 0% impact), and a blur shader that also seems to be entirely post-process, so maybe a few FPS at worst.

dharksyde
Xizan2

Can you post your specs and graphics settings?

Also, indicate if you're using mods?

Top Bottom