Old saves are getting automatically deleted?

+
Old saves are getting automatically deleted?

Hello,
I have been playing Witcher 3 for more than 2 months now and I noticed that my saves that are 1 month older are getting deleted automatically. Actaully I am not sure if it is sorted by time because my last save is from 4th febuary (more than 30 days) and there are 45 savegame files. But saves from january are gone, and the other ones are probably gonna get deleted aswell as I will be continuing to play.
I also noticed that I can do only one manual (F5) save at the time, the others will be deleted as soon as I create another one. One save wich is fresh start with alchemy is still there since 4th january and didn´t get deleted. Why?
Is this normal behaviour of the game? Or is it something within the system?

When I copy them elsewhere they won´t be deleted. I tried the Gamesave manager but it wasn´t working ( some permission and database problems). And I know that I will forget to make backups every week by myself.
I don´t care that the loading times will be bigger, I just want to have them all saved! :(
Any help is appreciated!

Windows 10 64.bit
version 1.31 GOTY modded with TW3 Mod Manager (I don´t use GOG cloud saves)
Antivirus: Windows Defender

Hm. Something outside of the game itself is doing that. There are, I think, 3 autosaves and 3 checkpoint saves that will rollover. Quicksaves always overwrite the last quicksave, but manual saves are permanent (when you bring up the menu and click "Save Game"). They should be there until the player manually deletes them.

1.) I'm going to guess mods first. Using any, or have you ever in the past?

2.) What is this "Gamesave manager" of which you speak?

3.) Windows. Be sure that the ...\Documents\The Witcher 3\... folder has its Permissions set to "Everyone". Also, set witcher3.exe to "Run as administrator" if not already done.

4.) Do you have any "Optimize my PC!" style of software installed?

If you could answer these, hopefully that will give us a direction to walk in, whistling a tune about the joys of PC gaming along the way. Also, there should be no increase in loading time whether you have 1 save or 100 (not unless the whole drive is almost full).

No Title

I just noticed that there are two options of saving! Haven´t noticed that before XD. I will check if they stay for longer!

1. Yes my game has mods, but I don´t think any of them should interfere with saves

2. I meant this: http://www.gamesave-manager.com/, but it´s not working so it doesn´t matter. Maybe it´s not even safe.

3. All premissions are allowed. I used to run Witcher 3 as admin, but I had some problems with mods and after reinstalling I didn´t have the need. But I will set it now.

4. No, and never used the disk cleaner in windows.

Attachments

• photo202701.png
    photo202701.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 430
Niktodt1;n10691531 said:
I just noticed that there are two options of saving! Haven´t noticed that before XD. I will check if they stay for longer!

1. Yes my game has mods, but I don´t think any of them should interfere with saves

2. I meant this: http://www.gamesave-manager.com/, but it´s not working so it doesn´t matter. Maybe it´s not even safe.

3. All premissions are allowed. I used to run Witcher 3 as admin, but I had some problems with mods and after reinstalling I didn´t have the need. But I will set it now.

4. No, and never used the disk cleaner in windows.

You've got me. I agree that the mods you have installed don't look like they affect the saving system in any way. It must be something through Windows itself...or perhaps an issue with some form of cloud storage issue. (Are you using any cloud backup?)

I wouldn't rule out that gamesave manager thing yet if you had it installed. I don't know what it may have changed or added to your system to achieve this, but it's worth keeping in the back of your mind.

I would ask Tech Support. Normally, they can't offer any assistance with modded games, but since this is very possibly not mod related, they may have something they can contribute:

http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Last suggestion is to bring this up in Mod Discussions as well. Post that mod list and a description of the issue, and ask if anyone has heard of anything like that before. They have all sorts of arcane knowledge there...:p (Just don't use the same title for the thread or copy the post word for word from here. Great chance you'll be pegged for dupe-posting.)

Right now I will test the second option of saving. I won't need the others anyway.
The gamesaver didn't work at all! I installed it just because of this little problem of mine...and uninstalled it right after that.
Thanks for the tips and I might come back if something goes wrong. If you don't see me here, than it means that I'm having a wonderful time playing this masterpiece of a game!
Thanks for your help! ;)

Top Bottom