x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weird noise coming out of pc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SigilFey View Post

Sounds like you're right and I'm wrong: coil whine. It seems to be directly related to the amount of voltage being drawn. Vsync will take a massive load off of the rendering, so it makes sense that would immediately cut the noise. Likewise, when the game suspends most of the 3D stuff to display the mostly 2D inventory, the sound would cut out.

There should be no issue getting a replacement. It's really not something that can be "fixed", as it's directly a result of the machining process during the card's production. These things:
    Click image for larger version Name:	coil.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.8 KB ID:	10825191

If the coils of wire are just the tiniest bit out of alignment, it will create enough room for the electrical current to "vibrate" the rings, creating the noise. It's a valid complaint, because a part that you spent $600+ dollars on, specifically designed to create the highest-quality, entertainment experience...

...was put together incorrectly and is constantly whining like a mosquito in your ear. Replacement, please.

EDIT: Also, yes! Power supply is adequate. One thing the shop might want to try, though, is looking at the power arrangement in the BIOS. If the card is getting a bit too much or not enough, that could be causing it, but I really doubt it. Are you overclocking in any way?

i really want that was the fans lol, but there is no difference, NO, i dont like overclocking. because im no pro on this stuff and fear to mess up something, and i dont think it was factory overclocked either.but i try to replacement the card.
    is it take long to replace the card?
    in gpu_z my VDDC show 1.0500V, is it high?
    i think my psu antec 750w gold plus good enough for this rig,dont you think?
    Last edited by Ali_12345y; 15-04-18, 20:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali_12345y View Post
      NO, i dont like overclocking.
      This is goody, as it means the card was never used "outside of factory specs". They should have no issue replacing it. I also avoid OC like the plague. It's really not necessary. I always shoot for a smooth 60 FPS max. (But I'll happily deal with lower caps if I need to.)

is it take long to replace the card?
      Depends on stock / area. If it took a while the first time, it'll likely take about the same.

in gpu_z my VDDC show 1.0500V, is it high? i think my psu antec 750w gold plus good enough for this rig,dont you think?
      I'm not personally familiar with he card (I use a 980 ti), but that sounds right. Your PSU should be fine.

In general, welcome to the joys and rigors of full on PC gaming rigs. No worries. Once you work out the kinks, that system is gonna scream.

(But not whine. )
      People always ask me, "What's in the box?" I get the question a lot. "Come on -- what's in the box!?" I won't tell them...but I'll tell you. Go on.
      You can see what's IN THE BOX!!!

Comment

In general, welcome to the joys and rigors of full on PC gaming rigs. No worries. Once you work out the kinks, that system is gonna scream.
        (But not whine. )
        first of all i really appreciate your reply and answering. i hope this was my last problem because i think i lost weight (but i dont think so)funny you mention 60fps, i have this monitor for almost 10 years more or less,and i never play above 60 fps,comparing to my case its like a toy beside it.
        and i want to ask another question,really

WHATs IN THE BOX

Comment

WHATs IN THE BOX
          Go on. Give it a click...
          People always ask me, "What's in the box?" I get the question a lot. "Come on -- what's in the box!?" I won't tell them...but I'll tell you. Go on.

Comment

(I know...bit flat as a joke...but I didn't want to just leave it hanging there...)

Comment

(I know...bit flat as a joke...but I didn't want to just leave it hanging there...)
              ......leave what hanging???

Comment

......leave what hanging???
                The the joke that will fall flat if you click on "IN THE BOX". It's not very amusing. Basically, the joke is now as dead as it's possible to get, I think. (Gives the joke a kick. It doesn't move.) Yup. Solidly dead. Wasn't worth a more than a giggle anyway.

Comment

The the joke that will fall flat if you click on "IN THE BOX". It's not very amusing. Basically, the joke is now as dead as it's possible to get, I think. (Gives the joke a kick. It doesn't move.) Yup. Solidly dead. Wasn't worth a more than a giggle anyway.
                  lol, maybe im not getting it, i click on and see the topic was closed,but either way i think that quote remind of seven and amusing to read it.(for me at least)
                  Last edited by Ali_12345y; 18-04-18, 00:26.

Comment

Working...
                  X