Brothers in Arms. Novigrad. Help Triss finish what she has to do. Bug?

+
Brothers in Arms. Novigrad. Help Triss finish what she has to do. Bug?

I have posted the details of my question here: https://gaming.stackexchange.com/qu...grad-help-triss-finish-what-she-has-to-do-bug

I am blocked in Brothers in Arms. I finished all the side quests and I only have two quests left:

- The Isle of Mists
- Brothers in Arms: Novigrad

I have to talk to do "Help Triss finish what she has to do in Novigrad", but I have no quest options when I talk to her. I am blocked here...

Is there a way to unlock this situation using the console?

Welcome to the Forums, nowox!

And...LOL...! :D

In every game I've played (except the one in which I romanced Triss instead of Yen), I've managed to botch either Triss's quest, the Gangs of Novigrad, or Brothers in Arms.

Far as I can figure out, You have to do the "Strange Figurine" quests before you find / kill Whoreson Junior...or that one becomes blocked. Dealing with Junior also seems to invalidate the Gangs of Novigrad quest. Finish the Radovid quests before beginning Brothers in Arms, or that is left hanging.

So...I think the proper order would be:
Meet Triss. Kill some rats and witch-hunters. (Maybe flirty chemistry.)
BTW, I found some cool action figures, let me travel around the world and collect them all.
Take Triss to a fancy party to conspire. (Maybe smooch.)
Meet the underworld bosses of Novigrad. Godfather Pt. I, II, and III, all in one night. (It's Dijkstra's fault.)
Find clues on Junior's whereabouts.
Help Triss be someplace else before it's too late. (End of Triss stuff for now.)
Go visit Junior in his happy little vacation home.
Talk to Roche and Dijkstra in a brothel about making the world a better place.
On to finding Ciri.
Gather up all your friends. Christmas in Kaer Morhen.

Riven-Twain
Sunsibar
Rawls
Muffliato

Anything you can add?

SigilFey;n10924733 said:
Anything you can add?
I was trying to figure out what could have gone wrong, since, personally, I've never encountered this problem before. As far as I can judge, you've probably placed your finger on the issue. It must be a sequence bug.

nowox;n10924460 said:
I have to talk to do "Help Triss finish what she has to do in Novigrad", but I have no quest options when I talk to her. I am blocked here...
Which quest is not triggering for you? "A Matter of Life and Death" or "Now or Never?" If you've completed both of those quests, she will be there in Kaer Morhen. If you've completed them, I would guess that it just the quest log that is glitched. If you haven't played one or both ... then the quest itself has bugged for some reason.

ALSO
... it's been awhile but I'm pretty sure she comes to KM even if you don't complete the quest because Yen asks her to. I think she's one of the few characters who comes regardless of your choices.

Last edited:
SigilFey;n10924733 said:
Anything you can add?

Not really; I've not had issues with Triss's quests.

However, I do know that I've left at least one of them until right before "Isle of Mists", and it's worked fine. I also know from experience that Rawls's spoiler is correct.

As for general quest sequencing, I've tried who knows how many variations by now... but it's always possible one that I haven't tried causes issues. :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't have anything to add to what has already been said above. Never had or even heard about this problem.

Another quick question. Are either "A Matter of Life and Death" or "Now or Never" in your failed quests log?

(Hm. Weirdly enough...this is one of the few things I've always had trouble with. I borked something in that mix for every playthrough.)

Hi All,

First of all, apologies in advance if I've posted this in the wrong place.

I've got a bit of an issue with the quest "Brothers in Arms: Novigrad". I seem unable to help Triss "Finish what she needs to do".

A bit of Googling informed me that this was probably because after killing Whoreson Junior, I jumped the wall rather than leave via the gate (most people appear to get this when using the Fast Travel Anywhere mod).

I've enabled to developer console, and tried the command combinations suggested, i.e.
  • addfact(q302_completed)
  • addfact(q302_post_mafia_completed)
  • addfact(sq302_start)
However, this doesn't appear to work. To make sure that my console was actually processing the commands and not just appearing, I tried a few test commands to add items and so on - none of them appeared to work.

This is the contents of my general.ini file that I found in Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\bin\config\base.

[General]
ConfigVersion=2
DBGConsoleOn=true

Can anyone see anything that I'm doing wrong here? My last manual save is from over two weeks ago, and I'd really rather avoid redoing all of that work if at all possible :).

I am still having this issue. I am stuck with Brothers In Arms Novigrad and to help Triss but she never responds. I event tried the console command to force the Redania's Most Wanted but Triss doesn't respond to it and Radovid and Yenn are missing.

For some reason I cannot make new threads on this forum which I have done before and I have been a member of for many years so I have to necro this one...

How can I fix this?

I am still having this issue. I am stuck with Brothers In Arms Novigrad and to help Triss but she never responds. I event tried the console command to force the Redania's Most Wanted but Triss doesn't respond to it and Radovid and Yenn are missing.

For some reason I cannot make new threads on this forum which I have done before and I have been a member of for many years so I have to necro this one...

How can I fix this?

In general, you need 10 posts to be able to post somewhere else than in the technical section (we have spammers to thank for that old measure). It doesn't matter how long you have been a member.

As for your problem, loading an earlier save game before that part of the quest started often can fix issues like that.

If you are stuck in a quest, please check out this info from CDPR support (you can contact them too, by clicking on "Contact us"): https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...4/i-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest

But be aware that mods can mess up the game up to the point where in some cases only a fresh start helps. Removing mods will not always fix this because mods can affect the save game and they sometimes leave traces after their removal.

Also make sure to check out quest guides first, to ensure that you didn't miss anything.

Top Bottom