x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC holding down q to cast axii puppet does not work in combat.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought I'd post an update. Patching the game resets any fix you may have done, so you will have to redo it. Example - 1.07 patch will break your fix, simply look for all instances of -- (Action=CastSignHold,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.2) -- and change it to 0.1.

Comment

beejeez...i just found this...im using a controller to play this on pc..im not adjusting game files..especially everytime they update the game...fix your freaking game CDP..axii puppet doesnt work as intended when holding down my R2 button....it doesnt cast the alternate signs. Bug after bug after bug....

Comment

This bug still hasn't been fixed in patch 1.11.

The workaround posted here (changing the IdleTime) does work, but this bug deserves an official fix by CD Projekt RED. There's no excuse for having to edit config files in order to get one of your signs to work...

Comment

If you want something officially fixed, submit it via their support page:

http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Comment

This is a weird one, but I can confirm that it does work on some systems. I've had no issue using either M+K or a controller. It may be a ghosting issue with certain keyboards. Have you tried pressing only the "Q" button, ensuring no other buttons are depressed at the same time?

Since it seems that some people have success fiddling with timing settings, try switching the game to Fullscreen mode if you're running Windowed/Borderless -- grant as much exclusive access to the game as possible.
            People always ask me, "What's in the box?" I get the question a lot. "Come on -- what's in the box!?" I won't tell them...but I'll tell you. Go on.
            You can see what's IN THE BOX!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SigilFey
              This is a weird one, but I can confirm that it does work on some systems. I've had no issue using either M+K or a controller. It may be a ghosting issue with certain keyboards. Have you tried pressing only the "Q" button, ensuring no other buttons are depressed at the same time?

Since it seems that some people have success fiddling with timing settings, try switching the game to Fullscreen mode if you're running Windowed/Borderless -- grant as much exclusive access to the game as possible.
              The consensus was that it depends on your framerate if it works or not. If you lock the game to 30 fps, holding down Q works properly. If you lock the game to 60 fps, holding down Q does not work properly.
              You cannot really ask people to run at 30 fps, when 60 fps looks so much smoother...

This is definitely not a ghosting issue, or related to the keyboard you use. I have tried holding down Q with no other buttons pressed, it doesn't work. I have tried using a different keyboard, it doesn't work. Also, why would the problem go away by editing a config file if it was the keyboard which was to blame? That doesn't make any sense. I ask you, are you really being serious with these suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by dusty-2011
                The consensus was that it depends on your framerate if it works or not. If you lock the game to 30 fps, holding down Q works properly. If you lock the game to 60 fps, holding down Q does not work properly.
                You cannot really ask people to run at 30 fps, when 60 fps looks so much smoother...

This is definitely not a ghosting issue, or related to the keyboard you use. I have tried holding down Q with no other buttons pressed, it doesn't work. I have tried using a different keyboard, it doesn't work. Also, why would the problem go away by editing a config file if it was the keyboard which was to blame? That doesn't make any sense. I ask you, are you really being serious with these suggestions?
                Yes, these are serious suggestions. The problem is system specific. Point in case -- I've not had it occur even once, and I've run the game on both a laptop and desktop rig. If editing a config file works for some, that's great, but it does not mean that that fix will work for everyone else. (Plus, the config fix suggested makes the engine check for the input 100% more often, meaning the input is being overridden by other processes at the default setting. Freeing up additional system resources is probably the 1 thing that will definitely have an effect.)

I find the 30 FPS thing interesting, though the issue is not be caused by FPS directly. (I run my desktop at a locked 60 FPS without a problem.) Certain games will sync input commands with certain key frames. If your CPU/GPU cycles are being gobbled up by trying to crank out more FPS than your system can keep up with, that could be causing those needed frames to be dropped/skipped and breaking the input. It could be a refresh issue causing a similar effect.

A similar problem would be the non-responsive controls and wonky physics that occur in Bethesda titles when running at a refresh rate and/or FPS over 60 on some systems. It's probably a similar hiccup here. So I definitely suggest that people try to free up some cycles and sync their draw calls, FPS, and refresh as much as possible; see if that has any effect. They may even be able to get their frame limit up to 60 this way.
                People always ask me, "What's in the box?" I get the question a lot. "Come on -- what's in the box!?" I won't tell them...but I'll tell you. Go on.

Comment

I did this and it still isn't working. Does this have something to do with sticky keys?

Comment

My experience with the bug: Been playing the game with an old GeForce GTX 500Ti-series card; upgraded to a GTX 980 yesterday afternoon (after playing that morning on the 500Ti-series) and *immediately* started experiencing the bug. Same PC, same keyboard and mappings, same save state load from the morning session.

Pretty certain it's a video/animation issue. Reports of FPS limiting as a temporary (albeit nigh-unacceptable) fix would seem to support this theory.

Comment

wow I came to this board looking for a fix to a different issue and I can't believe this is an issue. I don't recall when it started happening but I just assumed it didn't work due to higher level enemies being resistant or something. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've been getting this issue playing with a 360 controller for some time now. Will have to try the fix posted here

Comment

Any news on this bug?

Comment

*ping*

I'm suffering from it too (and I'm going to do very unpleasant things to the next person that tells me to equip the skill or hold down the key for longer).

Comment

This is affecting such a small number of people, that I don't think posting here is going to solve anything. I know I keep on finding these threads every so often, though. Everyone that has this problem should open up a Support Ticket with CDPR directly.

Be sure to include a dxdiag. Have your controller plugged in when you start the diagnostic. A description of specifically how to create the issue and a saved game couldn't hurt either.

Comment

this bug is not fixed

workaround fix work for me, but why devs do not apply to last patch too?

Comment

Devs have stated on various occasions, that they can't reproduce this issue... Which is a bummer, because it seems that for people that are getting this behavior, it is 100% reproducible. That's one reason I have never played an axii build.

Comment

Working...
                                X