ruined inn bug current build 1.31 not finishing(spoilers)

+
ruined inn bug current build 1.31 not finishing(spoilers)

Came to Ruined Inn to clear it of monsters to bring back populace but currently unable to due to a bug that was to be fixed in prior patches. I did destroy the monster nest and all monsters that i found including wraiths. did the hidden treasure that was also located here and finished the bear school item grab here(bear school last). I have read that a common old issue was one monster despawns or flies away when getting near the inn. also there is no enemy indicator showing direction or if enemy is stuck in environment. I have left and came back to location, meditated at location and away from location, fast traveled away and came back. I do not have a old save to go back to as was not intending to find a bug at the inn.
Any help would be appreciated.

Can you explain, with more detailed spoilers:

1.) Where are you, exactly?

2.) What is your level? Is this a standard game or NG+?

3.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any?

4.) Was this playthrough begun under 1.31, or was it begun under an earlier version and updated over time?

Know that certain issues are only fixable by preventing the bug; they cannot be fixed retroactively. What you're describing has existed in the game since v1.0. However, I've not encountered it even once since I began my present playthrough.

1.)skellige isles
2.)first occurred when around level 18 and still going on at level 36(standard)
3.)no mods
4.)on build 1.31
any help is appreciated

its the inn with monster nest and hidden treasure in its area
i know 2 wraith re spawn in the burned down inn and the monster nest is already taken care off

I think I know which one you're speaking of...

There is the burned and collapsed inn...two wraiths in the basement...whole bunch of reading about a Witcher being hunted / no one is to provide this man sanctuary...harpy nest on a hill nearby? As long as you got the Witcher Gear / diagram, that's all there is.

Not all of the bugs fixed by the patches are retroactive, unfortunately. The only thing to do at this point is reload an older save and try to play through it until it works. Plus, I believe the settlement area is actually the small group of buildings and the docks that are close by. I don't think the wraiths are involved. (Unless, I have the wrong area in mind.)

yes that is the one, just seeing if there was a fix for this without restart as i no longer have an old save to it before i cleared it. it must be a coding issue related to the monster nest nearby.

I believe when this happens, it's a failsafe. Since it's possible to do so many different things in so many different orders (sometimes so many different ways), the game may auto-fail a quest to avoid a conflict somewhere else in the quest script. Not 100% sure, but a computer always has a reason for doing things...even if it's beyond we humble mortals...as we grub about in haunted ruins for better pants...:cool:

Top Bottom