SOLVED Keyboard remap, multiple actions for one key

+
Keyboard remap, multiple actions for one key

Hi guys, so finally a friend of mine lend me his GoG account to play Witcher 3, I play with Mouse+Keyboard, I don't like to play with Controllers any game that requires camera control.
So my problem is that I want to bind one key for more than 1 action, let's say I want to Run and Gallop with Shift, of course it doesn't work. Also the game doesn't seem to care of my scroll actions, it doesn't matter if I want to scroll up or down or press the button, in game it just says Middle Mouse Button.
I opened the input.settings file located in the documents folder but man I can't find what I'm looking for.
I wanted to draw the steel sword with scroll up and the silver one with scroll down, the default for wheel up and down is for the signs.
So is there any way to bind one key for multiple actions? Is there any mod for custom key mapping?
I played Darksiders 2 and that game recognized wheel up, down, middle mouse button etc.

You can bind one key to multiple actions, provided they apply to different situations.

By default shift does toggle canter and gallop, as well as run.

As to scrolling, I'm not sure, Ill have a look, I think it is possible.

UPDATE:

Well i found it, and yes it is possible to remap them, although not by just tweaking the input.settings file.
It will require a bit of modification to the script.

Just one caveat, the game treats scroll down and up and + and - values, and not distinct separate buttons.

Last edited:
I just don't understand why they overlooked this basic stuff and now I have to eat my brain in order remap, I really want to play the game but this thing with the key binding, just makes the game unplayable for me. There is no mod or tool that can change the keyboard mapping or something?

Ok, i have just quickly made this:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1lkxdcv1rcjg63d/modSoSW.zip

Its just a small mod that allows you to assign the scroll wheel to silver and steel swords.

Copy the modSoSW folder to your mods folder.
Copy the contents from input.settings file included into your own input.settings file.

Optionally you can also copy the contents from input.xml to your own located in: The Witcher 3\bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc

Run script merger if needed, i have just modified 'playerInput.ws' .

How did you made it? Is there a tutorial somewhere? I want to learn so I can make my own configuration.

Thank you for your help, i'll try to understand the script and maybe i'll manage to config the controls the way I want.

Top Bottom