Treasure Hunt won't complete! Probably need debug help

+
Treasure Hunt won't complete! Probably need debug help

Can't figure this one out. I've obtained a sword diagram from a chest, but the treasure hunt won't flag it as complete! I've done some research and there might be a way to solve this with the debug console mod, but I have no idea what command I'd need.

It's for the Gryphon Treasure Hunt Pt. 3, if that helps. I have the diagram, but it's annoying to see the treasure hunt quest yelling at me about finding the stuff. Hopefully there's someone with the answer on here, or where I can look for what I need to fix it.

Welcome to the forums, Xenaero!

0.) Are you certain it's not one of the multi-location hunts? There may be something else you need to grab before the quest resolves.

1.) If using mods, remove them.

2.) Reload an earlier save and complete the treasure grab again.

3.) If you're already long past it, you can ask in Mod Discussions for the quest trigger code to enter into the console. I recommend against this unless you've encountered a game-breaking issue, though. Fiddling with the quest scripts like that may potentially introduce issues down the road.

Indeed, my saves are too far in the future now to go back very far. I did try that but my oldest save was at best a few hours previous to me discovering this issue, and I already had the treasure hunt quest.

I do not have any mods installed, unless DLC counts.

Map shows the circle for the treasure chest finding zone, as well as the dot where the Gryphon signet is located, which is very bizarre. I apparently have both the step 1 and step 2 objectives active at once, somehow.

I may ask in a topic over there. It's not really game breaking, as I have the schematic, but it's really annoying to look at a quest I can't clear.

Xenaero;n9184931 said:
...but it's really annoying to look at a quest I can't clear.

I believe the game has included such things as failsafes to avoid more serious issues. There are times "Completed" quests may suddenly become "Failed" much later in the game. I recommend just leaving them be, but at the very least, wait until the end of your playthrough to throw the switch. If you're planning on doing an NG+ playthrough, know that forcing quest scripts can potentially create issues with the next run through the game.

Top Bottom