Cant Access DLC

+
Cant Access DLC

I have all them then are all active i have tried backing up the files i have tried uninstalling the game and nothing has worked.

Attachments

• Steam.jpg
    Steam.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 203
  • TheWitcherMenu.jpg
    TheWitcherMenu.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 111
Strange. I think the "Expansion Pass" includes both HoS and B&W...but then you have the individual DLCs installed on top of that...

Did you make multiple purchases / installations of the game without removing prior installations? i.e. You purchased TW3, then later purchased and installed HoS, then later purchased the GOTY edition and installed that to the same directory.

If something like that happened, do the following:

1.) Unintstall Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, leaving the Expansion Pass and everything else installed. Verify the game cache through Steam.

If that doesn't work...roll up your sleeves:

2.) Uninstall TW3 and all DLC through Steam. Be sure everything attached to TW3 in your Steam Library is greyed out.

3.) Go to ...Steam\steamapps\common\... and manually delete The Witcher 3 folder.

4.) Restart your PC.

5.) Now, move your Steam installation to the root of your drive, ensuring it is not located under either Program Files or Program Files(x86). If it already is on the root, move it to a new folder of your own creation (e.g. C:\GoodGames\Steam\...) Simply ensure that the installation directory path is not the same as it was before. (And if you're under either of the Program Files folders, it's a good idea not to install games to those directories, anyway.) You will likely need to verify each of your installed Steam games once before you can run them after the move.

6.) Log out of Steam. Do not log back in until later.

6.) Download CCleaner and run the scan to fix Registry errors. Continue running the scan over and over until it reports "No conflicts detected". Then, restart your PC again. Run the Registry scan repeatedly again. Continue this process until the CCleaner reports "No conflicts" immediately following a restart. (It may take a few rounds if you've never done this before.)

7.) Log back into Steam. Install TW3 again as follows:

If you purchased the GOTY Edition -- install only the The Witcher 3 - GOTY -- nothing else.

-OR-

If you do not have GOTY, Install TW3, the Expansion Pass, and ALL Free DLC (whether you intend to actually use it or not. You can toggle options like alternate looks on/off through the game's menu.) Importantly, DO NOT install Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine separately.

That should do it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom