Need help playing Witcher 3 with HDMI (please read)

+
Need help playing Witcher 3 with HDMI (please read)

Hey everyone, long story short I'm having trouble playing Witcher 3 on PC with an HDMI. The loading cutscenes won't load AT ALL. Whether it be the intro or loading into a save file or even fast traveling. When playing on my laptop, it loads just fine. I've already tried Windows+P to choose second screen only. I've disable my sound card (it kept playing certain sound effects out of my laptop). I'm running Windows 10 and my laptop is a Dell I7559 with a GTX 960m. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Are you trying to play this on your TV?

if so you may possibly be running into handshaking errors, depending on your TV.
if this is the case you'll want to look up HDCP comparability for your model TV.

if not, and you are trying to use a computer monitor, I'd recommend not using HDMI, and instead using DisplayPort or DVI.

Yeah I'm trying to play this on a TV. I don't know how this links to an HDCP problem. If it is how do I fix it? Also I tried on two TVs with two HDMI cables that are relatively modern. Is there any other work around?

Another thought:

Is your laptop both plugged in at the time and fully-charged. It may simply be having trouble feeding the GPU / sound card / mo-bo / recharging the battery while also trying to output all of it.

Yes it's always plugged in and fully charged while gaming. I read another thread either on Linus Tech Tips or here that said that changing the screen to second only fixed it for them. It's just not working for me. Since I beat the game it works fine but I plan to replay it. The laptop is fully plugged in, I tried playing in through big picture mode, other games don't have this problem (MGSV and DS3 are the only ones I've tested). It just doesn't make sense to me why any of the loading scenes won't work.

Ok i found the solution. this happens when your tv has more than 60 hz, in my case i was connected to a 4k tv (LG), with a resolution in 1080p in 120hz, when i launched the witcher 3, the cinematics doesn't appear, and don't load the game after the main menu. YOU HAVE TO PUT THE REFRESH RATE TO 60/60i HZ. if yout put a higher refresh rate the problem appears, remember the max framerate you can put in the game is 60 fps so you have to match that frame rate with your refresh rate in the TV. thisworked for me, i hope this could help.

you can configure the refresh rate in the control panel of your graphics card, in this case with my laptop the hdmi its managed by the integrated card (intel)

Greetings from CHILE!

Attachments

• refresh.jpg
    refresh.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 925
Top Bottom