Beast of Toussaint Can't Examine the Riverbed with Witcher Sense??

+
Beast of Toussaint Can't Examine the Riverbed with Witcher Sense??

Near the beginning of the Beast of Toussaint quest, right after you kill the giant you are to follow Milton along the riverbed. After killing the skurgers/exploding enemies, it tells me to examine the riverbed with my Witcher Senses. The area I'm supposed to examine is after the two pairs of footprints end at the shore of the riverbed. I've seen gameplay where they examine this bloody net looking area and it advances them to the next part of the quest. However, the bloody net is not highlighted in red for me so I can't advance. I've reloaded a bunch of saves and it still does not work. I did fast travel back to Velen/Skellige before completing that part since I wasn't a high enough level to kill the skurgers. Please help, I'm willing to use console commands or edit files to pass this bug.

Attachments

• Untitled.png.jpg
    Untitled.png.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums, lanjustin97!

I would not recommend using console commands to force quests unless it's absolutely necessary.

Before trying that, simply exit to Windows and reload the game. Alternatively, run away from that area, go to an indoor location (where Geralt auto-slows to a walk), then run back and see if it activates. If not, reload to a point before the quest appears in your journal and play through again.

Another possibility is that it's one of those "particular" hotspots. Walk all the way around the glowing area, looking for the trigger from all sides. Occasionally, the sweet-spot to make the activator appear is annoyingly small, or only possible from one direction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom