Ps4 Pro: Game crash and super fan noise after update 1.51

+
mark5916;n10132902 said:
Hold the smile, let the tear go, keep the laugh, lose the pain, look for joy, and abandon the fear. Happy New Year 2018!

And you!

Vdanh;n10133382 said:
I am trying not to stock too many stuff in Inventory and putting it Stash in New game plus. But it is very laggg. It cost 10s to transfer 1 item from Inventory to Stash.

It's not only caused by massive inventory, that will just exacerbate the problem if it arises. It can arise from any one of the reasons I post above, or any combination of those reasons. If you do the stash --> transition areas --> retrieve thing, you should only have to do it once and that may clear the issue up. If it works for you. Certain items, once borked, simply can't be fixed. You'll likely have to figure out which ones are causing it and just dump them...or avoid clicking on them ever again. Annoying if that's the situation :( but there's nothing else to be done if it occurs.

Vdanh;n10133382 said:
I have a ton of Mutagens and Alchemy and crafting materials. And the mutagens do not stack like base gae. 1 mutagen cost 1 slot in Inventory. If I want to transfer all mutagens into stash then i need to repeat the action a hundred of time. I am having more than 100 Mutagens each type.
Can explain why the Mutagens do not stack in New game plus?

Mutagens count as inventory, and this is definitely stocking waaay more in inventory than is needed. It's likely overloaded inventory. I know there were certain issues with mutagens vanishing, refusing to combine, not cooperating with the mutagen table in Blood and Wine, etc. Maybe they were all made unique to fix some of these issues? I'm not 100% sure, but that would be my guess.

Vdanh;n10133382 said:
and do we need to transfer the Alchemy and crafting materials into stash? Or just need to transfer runestone?

As far as I know, the runestone bomb is deadly and can't really be recovered from. If that was the issue, you'd know, because you probably wouldn't even be able to open your inventory. If you have more than 10 of one kind, though, you're asking for it. I would immediately combine them and keep, perhaps, 3 of the best version, 3 of the second best, three of the medium, etc. for each rune / glyph. (That's what I've always done, and never had an issue...nor a use. That's still far more than you'll likely ever use.)

AS for the stash --> transition --> retrieve trick, you need to empty EVERYTHING. Unequip all armor, bombs, potions, crossbows, weapons, etc., travel naked from, say, Velen to Skellige or something, then retrieve only what you need from the stash. It can potentially take an hour+ (if you're also dealing with lag), but you should only need to do it once. Once in the new region, grab unnecessary things in chunks and sell, sell, sell! Trade for gem dust and super expensive items. If an item is still borked, you'll likely get a crash when you try to interact with it from the stash. Just ignore that item forever more.

And again, depending on the nature of what is wrong with what item, even this may not fix things. The only surefire fix is to delete all of your saves and begin a brand new game, then proceed to never horde anything. Regularly sell excess crafting materials, reagents, extra weapons, etc. (Again, I keep 20 of each material / reagent on hand, and I still hardly use any of them. An even better bet, once you're familiar with the game and know what you want in a build, is to only keep the materials you need for specific gear, then sell everything else.) Keep runestones / glyphs to a minimum. Don't carry tons of extra weapons and armor.

I normally keep only what I'm wearing, a weapon specifically kitted out to use against wraiths, one that's fire-enchanted for the Wild Hunt, and any armor gear I intend to cannibalize for upgrade parts. (That normally leaves me OP at times and wealthy as @#$%! by Level 40.)

Vdanh;n10133382 said:
please investigate the patch 1.51 on New game plus as it is impacting a lot. I cannot play on New game plus, crash, crash and crash.

Work is still ongoing to figure this out as well as the performance issues and fans going nutsy.

Thanks everyone for looking into this issue. I have found myself to be impacted with this as well recently. I have found myself streaming on Twitch in the past few months. I decided to stream my playthrough with Witcher last night. I will continue to stream when I play from now on as I have discovered it is a huge advantage to see exactly what I was doing when the game crashed.

My channel "crash highlight" is attached. I have been playing Witcher regularly nearly on a daily basis. I love the game, and I hope this crash issue is not going to be an ongoing nuisance. I also hope that CD Projekt is working hard at patching some of these issues.

As for the most recent crash which happens at the end of my stream video from last night, it appears that the Compare feature is what caused the crash. Everything was running smoothly until I decided to compare my weapons and gear. I held down L2 and moved from item to item, then *crash* :(

I enjoy the Large Descriptions option so that I can read comfortably from my couch, so those are enabled. I may experiment with turning those off on my next playthrough. Also, I will be going through and selling all my excess alchemy items and runestone / glyphs. Thank you for that advice.

Thanks to the moderators on this thread for helping, diagnosing, and sympathizing with this nuisance. Thank goodness for the auto-save feature. I have set it to every 5 minutes for good measure.

I will update this thread if I find more of the same or different scenarios.

Cheers!

uscrivera;n10322212 said:
I have found myself streaming on Twitch in the past few months. I decided to stream my playthrough with Witcher last night. I will continue to stream when I play from now on as I have discovered it is a huge advantage to see exactly what I was doing when the game crashed.

If you encounter and issue you can reproduce, send or link such videos to CDPR Support. That's great for tracking down where instances of bugs may be hiding.

I've got some new Highlights that I captured last night. I already submitted a Support ticket with yesterday's video attached. But it does appear that this is indeed related to the descriptions loading, particularly when in a Merchant's menu.

Also, curiously this crash always happens (for me) when scrolling across the Armor side of the panel rather than the Weapons side. No other crashes occur in any other parts of the Merchant menu except the Shop option. Incidents seem to be random, not tied to particular items, and both the Large Descriptions (hold L3) and the Comparison tool (hold L2) cause crashing. To minimize the risk, I will from now on (until patch, hopefully!) keep my standard description size (but I do miss the large font when relaxing on the couch) and I will refrain from Comparing while in the Merchant menu at least.

I will post more findings as I come across them. Goodluck to all! :)

More Clips:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222254737

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222255976

uscrivera;n10329692 said:
I've got some new Highlights that I captured last night. I already submitted a Support ticket with yesterday's video attached. But it does appear that this is indeed related to the descriptions loading, particularly when in a Merchant's menu.

Also, curiously this crash always happens (for me) when scrolling across the Armor side of the panel rather than the Weapons side. No other crashes occur in any other parts of the Merchant menu except the Shop option. Incidents seem to be random, not tied to particular items, and both the Large Descriptions (hold L3) and the Comparison tool (hold L2) cause crashing. To minimize the risk, I will from now on (until patch, hopefully!) keep my standard description size (but I do miss the large font when relaxing on the couch) and I will refrain from Comparing while in the Merchant menu at least.

I will post more findings as I come across them. Goodluck to all! :)

More Clips:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222254737

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222255976

That's good! Send these vids in as well, if you haven't already. You're able to "mouse" over each item a few times before the crash. That makes me think think it's not an inventory overload issue, but rather a referencing issue with the inventory / trade menu itself. Nice!

Have the same issue with inventory. Reproducible quite easy and very often. I am very frustrated, it ruins my game...

PS4 Pro User. Have downloaded version of Witcher 3. Originally started game on PS4, then moved all content to PS4 pro. Finished base game and on lvl 35. Asked for Expansion Pass for XMas, but received Full Version DVD. So I started that version and was playing fine until this weekend; on lvl 24 in Skellige and I am having the inventory bug. Can play the game, but it crashes as soon as I try to do anything with inventory. Last night I went back to the online version and played for over an hour with no problems; can change outfits, move and sell inventory without problems. Then had the bright idea to go to Playstation Store and buy the Expansion Pass and move on to Hearts of Stone. After downloading both DLCs and opening the game, I went into Inventory and game crashed with 34878 error. So now both versions have the issue.

I have the same problems with the complete edition (PS4 Pro) Loud fan noises and game crashing with the CE-34878-0 error. I have done everything I could do to try to fix the problem. Rebuilt the database, installing the game again, cleaning the dust from the console. Problem still occurs. No other game causes my pro any problems. Its definitely a problem in the game’s code.

I sent a support ticket as I assume many others have about this issue, but the more people that sent something; the more quicker it will get fixed (I hope!)

My save file is just under 50 hrs. I want to start hearts and stone and eventually blood and wine, but I can’t deal with the constant hourly crashes.

This game is amazing, please CDPR, fix it. I love this game and really want to enjoy it again. I’m so hesitant to play the game now fearing a crash and I don’t want it to be like a skyrim situation where crashes become more frequent as the save file time grows.

As of right now, I will have to take a break from this game until it gets patched. I will be eagerly waiting for a fix.

TrishKrish;n10381452 said:
I sent a support ticket as I assume many others have about this issue, but the more people that sent something; the more quicker it will get fixed (I hope!)

This is one of the primary ways issues are prioritized. Fortunately, believe it or not, it looks like these crashes may be something new. That's good, because there's almost nothing that can be done about the overload crashes except prevent them. Please do send this issue in if you're seeing behavior similar to the videos above (seemingly random crashing when mousing over objects that worked fine a second before).

Top Bottom