SOLVED Signal bug Vesemir tutorial

+
Signal bug Vesemir tutorial

I just cant release the signal requested by Vesemir during the tutorial. I selected the signal, press R2 and nothing happens! I've already completed the game twice playing the first edition. Just bought the complete edition and got frustrated by this bug. Some help?

Have you tried with another controller? Witcher 3 can be really picky with controllers, even if other games work properly with that controller. Specifically the sign button seems to be problematic.

I think I had this same bug and somehow fixed it after a couple minutes. I think I fixed it by pushing the sticks in, L3 or R3, which made geralt focus/target on vesemer, which allowed the sign to get cast and complete that part. It was something like this.

Sunsibar... It worked! I tried to use the R2 button on YouTube app and worked, never thought that could be the problem as it worked on the YouTube app....thanks!

GLN7

Forum regular
This is still a problem, with mouse and keyboard. Cannot change signs once you begin the tutorial. Before that, you can select normally with mouse scroll, and if you choose quen before you start dueling Vesemir, you can get past Quen. Then he asks for Igni, and you're screwed.

I can't remember if there are any achievements related to the Prologue, if so, this is a "game breaking" bug that has existed from launch? Obviously it only happens for certain people, but it is in how this portion of the tutorial is coded. I only lose mouse scroll after I draw my sword. Loading an old previous save, scroll works fine.

I find this frustrating as hell. I just finished a nice W1/W2 run and want to finish this Geralt's story. I also want to see all the content I can. My only option is to quit this new game and start a new one skipping the tutorial.

I know the game is old- but for crying out loud, this is the game's tutorial that is literally built for teaching new players how to play, and it is broken. If you are still going to release a next-gen update for this game, will you please look at fixing a very old bug that comes at an important starting point for every single one of your new customers?

That'd be great.

So you are referring to the PC version and Mouse controls (the thread is about the PS4 version)? If so, I never had that issue myself on PC, so I can't say much about it. If you can I'd try a different mouse or a controller. Or maybe disabling the controller software might help, I don't know. Always possible that this type of software is interfering for some reason though.

In general, there's probably not going to be another patch.
So I wouldn't wait for that. However there will be a next-gen version on PC and consoles in a few months:

Other than that you can also contact CDPR support and see if they have a different idea:

Or maybe there are mods on nexus for the PC version that might help. I've always avoided mods myself so I don't know for sure if there is a fitting mod for this issue.

Top Bottom