Wandering in the dark missio glitch

+

Hi I have problem in this mission . After I located all of signs related to Ciri's horse I interacted with the swallow sign to open a portal.But when I enter portal I get huge loading time .I waited for 5 minutes and nothing happens. I tried to start again by choosing my last autosave game slot but also has same problem (autosave game slot loading time is same when I tried to enter portal) . I can enter manual save that is maybe 10 minutes before this event.

So should I wait for loading to finish or is there something I can do in order to avoid this.

Last edited:
Bracala;n10533612 said:
Hi I have problem in this mission . After I located all of signs related to Ciri's horse I interacted with the swallow sign to open a portal.But when I enter portal I get huge loading time .I waited for 5 minutes and nothing happens. I tried to start again by choosing my last autosave game slot but also has same problem (autosave game slot loading time is same when I tried to enter portal) . I can enter manual save that is maybe 10 minutes before this event.

So should I wait for loading to finish or is there something I can do in order to avoid this.

I would try load a save just before the event, and do the whole event again.

But before doing the above, it wouldn't harm to Rebuild the Database of your PS4.

How to: < Option 5 >

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ge...playstation-4/

mark5916;n10533892 said:
I would try load a save just before the event, and do the whole event again.

But before doing the above, it wouldn't harm to Rebuild the Database of your PS4.

How to: < Option 5 >

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ge...playstation-4/

How much time does it take to rebuild database. I heard it can take 10 - 20 hours I am afraid I simply can't do that if it takes that much time.

Also can anything happen if you choose that option and you cancel rebuliding process ?

Bracala;n10534002 said:
How much time does it take to rebuild database. I heard it can take 10 - 20 hours I am afraid I simply can't do that if it takes that much time.

Also can anything happen if you choose that option and you cancel rebuliding process ?

It can take some time, depending the number of saved content in the HDD, but not that much time.

Anyway, just try to load a hard save before that event first and see if it does solve your problem. ;)

mark5916;n10534522 said:
It can take some time, depending the number of saved content in the HDD, but not that much time.

Anyway, just try to load a hard save before that event first and see if it does solve your problem. ;)

Problem got solved today, loading time was 1 second. I loaded my manual save and this time I didn't examine 2 signs ( one explodes while other creates clone of Geralt and Keira). Played for another 2 hours everything was ok. No idea what was problem.

Bracala;n10538232 said:
Problem got solved today, loading time was 1 second. I loaded my manual save and this time I didn't examine 2 signs ( one explodes while other creates clone of Geralt and Keira). Played for another 2 hours everything was ok. No idea what was problem.

Well a game is written code that sometimes can lead to such nasty situations.

The bigger the game, and sometimes if it's not coded correctly, can lead to glitches and even crashes.

Glad you got it fixed!

Can i ask you something?

Ho far are you in? Level?

Except the above unfortunate event, do you encounter any crashes or strange behaviors if you deal with merchants?

Thank you. ;)

I have about 10 hours in game level 6 . No other problems at all, except my fan works more than in other games..(Complete edition 1.50 version)

mark5916;n10538812 said:
Well a game is written code that sometimes can lead to such nasty situations.

The bigger the game, and sometimes if it's not coded correctly, can lead to glitches and even crashes.

Glad you got it fixed!

Can i ask you something?

Ho far are you in? Level?

Except the above unfortunate event, do you encounter any crashes or strange behaviors if you deal with merchants?

Thank you. ;)

Sorry I meant to quote you, read the post above ( I can't find option to delete my post)

Bracala;n10538932 said:
I have about 10 hours in game level 6 . No other problems at all, except my fan works more than in other games..(Complete edition 1.50 version)

OK, thanks for that.

Some people are having problems but after a lot more hours of gameplay.

Hopefully, you are not one of them.

Even so, if you encounter any crashes by selling or buying stuff even at comparing gear on a vendor, please contact CDPR support! ;)

mark5916;n10539382 said:
OK, thanks for that.

Some people are having problems but after a lot more hours of gameplay.

Hopefully, you are not one of them.

Even so, if you encounter any crashes by selling or buying stuff even at comparing gear on a vendor, please contact CDPR support! ;)

Ok I will Btw should I contact them and tell them about glitch I had and how it got solved ( assuming that was reason) ?

Bracala;n10543192 said:
>Ok I will Btw should I contact them and tell them about glitch I had and how it got solved ( assuming that was reason) ?

If you have a glitch and got it solved, you can very well post it on this thread on any other thread that is relevant with your problem in question.

If you haven't solved it though, you must definitely contact CDPR support. ;)

mark5916;n10543362 said:
If you have a glitch and got it solved, you can very well post it on this thread on any other thread that is relevant with your problem in question.

If you haven't solved it though, you must definitely contact CDPR support. ;)

Today my sister had crash with some error message (dont remember numbers ). We got option to send report and we did. She is level 4 and she defeated and looted some random bandits 400 + meters away from pellar house.After crash she loaded the last autosave and for next 2 hours everything was ok. No idea why crash happened , her inventory was really big maybe that was reason (she did sold those stuff latter btw).

We don't have any problem with inventory or merchants and we do sell stuff often.

Bracala;n10548262 said:
Today my sister had crash with some error message (dont remember numbers ). We got option to send report and we did. She is level 4 and she defeated and looted some random bandits 400 + meters away from pellar house.After crash she loaded the last autosave and for next 2 hours everything was ok. No idea why crash happened , her inventory was really big maybe that was reason (she did sold those stuff latter btw).

We don't have any problem with inventory or merchants and we do sell stuff often.

>We don't have any problem with inventory or merchants and we do sell stuff often.

Yeah, your sister is only level 4. If she get crashes on higher levels, especially if she compares different items (between her inventory and the merchants inventory), submit a request to CDPR at the link below.

http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

>...her inventory was really big maybe that was reason

That could be a possible reason.

I am also having a major problem with the wandering in the dark mission. I defeat the boss, and then I go to the cut screen talking part. Every single time the game crashes and takes me back to the xbox home screen. I've tried meditating, ive tried coming out the cave, doing other missions and manualy saving them and going back, everytime the same thing happens and I cant continue the game as its a main quest.

Top Bottom