x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3 PS4 Pro patch issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Witcher 3 PS4 Pro patch issues

What happened to the game's distance of view?! I thought it would improve after the patch, but it has completely worsened! When I ride my horse through any area (at least the Hearts Of Stone expansion's area) I see trees vanish in front of me! Some trees just disappear and some appear out of nowhere! I know it's not PC so I can't change anything myself, but you can! Please, fix this!

And the downsampling has disappeared for 1080p TV users.

Comment

So 6 months for release a shitty patch again? I don’t think to launch this game anymore on my PS4, and don’t buy next game from those developers until the game is around 20€.

Comment

Originally posted by Villaran92 View Post
        And the downsampling has disappeared for 1080p TV users.
        If that's indeed the case, then the 1.60 patch should be similar to the 1.30 patch with some optimizations (that must to be seen) and the HDR support.

And if that is true (theoretically) the fps state should be almost comparable to the 1.30 patch.

Unfortunately, I can't know about the 4K status of the game, as i don't own an 4K TV.

Comment

I dunno...
          Looks fantastic to me!

Comment

No they did the right thing to remove supersample. Supersample cause this performance issues. This is aga 1.31 version with HDR.

Comment

To both of you...< Johnnysurf7 + GabrieI >

Is that on the PS4 or PS4 Pro?

Comment

I play on Pro, and yes the game runs smooth again. If you want play with supersample just active it on PS4 pro display settings, but it cause fps drops.

Comment

Yes the pop-in is absolutely horrible!

https://youtu.be/n_Jk228B5fA

Look at the video. Look at the ground textures on the other side of the road. The textures look like something from a PS2 era. And the pop-in is absolutely horrible when I start moving with the character.

The game only draws objects on the ground in abota 15m radius from geralt.

This is captured from PS4 PRO with the latest patch.

Comment

Originally posted by GabrieI View Post
                    I play on Pro, and yes the game runs smooth again. If you want play with supersample just active it on PS4 pro display settings, but it cause fps drops.
                    Aha that's something new.

Because patch 1.3 with SS feature enabled (from the Console) doesn't work at all.

No difference whatsoever if enabling or disabling that feature as picture quality concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by RazorBlade_91 View Post
                      Yes the pop-in is absolutely horrible!

https://youtu.be/n_Jk228B5fA

Look at the video. Look at the ground textures on the other side of the road. The textures look like something from a PS2 era. And the pop-in is absolutely horrible when I start moving with the character.

The game only draws objects on the ground in abota 15m radius from geralt.

This is captured from PS4 PRO with the latest patch.
                      Do you use a 4K TV or not?

Comment

Originally posted by mark5916 View Post

Do you use a 4K TV or not?
                        Yes I have a 4K TV. And bear in mind, the draw distance / pop-in wasn't anything like that before this most recent update.

Comment

Originally posted by RazorBlade_91 View Post

Yes I have a 4K TV. And bear in mind, the draw distance / pop-in wasn't anything like that before this most recent update.
                          I will test that on my 1080p TV.

That problem could be exclusive if you run the game on a 4K TV.

To be honest, that may be not help you any further, but i would link that video to CDPR.

Does that draw distance problem occurs on other regions of the game as well?

So, what's about Velen or Skellige Isles?

Have you made a backup from your save files and started over (so a new game) with a new save slot that relies completely on the 1.60 patch?

Comment

Hopefully Digital Foundry (YouTube channel) covers this patch. If they do, they will cover draw distance, resolution and frame rate. Is this another widespread problem? Is the inventory crash still happening? Disappointing...

Comment

I'm running the pro in hdr 4k.

Comment

Working...
                              X