x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3 PS4 Pro patch issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw distance looks terrible after that patch. It was much better on my original PS4 when i played this game 3 years ago. I have never seen this before. It completely ruins immersion of the game. Plz fix this. Just take a look at the video....

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6i1...ature=youtu.be

Comment

What have they done? They completely ruined the play experience. But I'm hopping it's a bug related, not a dev choice.

Comment

Please, submit tickets to RED Support, so the team can track occurrences. Thank you.
          'Sorry, but smashing barrels is one of my hobbies!'

Forewarned is forearmed. Therefore, to reduce chances of random encounters with the Guards, please, be acquainted with and follow the Forums' Regulations. Thank you.

Comment

I recently updated to patch 1.61, though in-game it reads 1.60 and I'm playing on a 1080p tv with super sampling enabled. The differences are very obvious switching between 1080p and 4k. Firstly, 1080p super sampling has disappeared entirely and must be enabled in system settings. Second, the pop-in (trees in the distance mostly) is horrendously bad while in 4k mode. Also, while in 4k on a 1080p screen I've experienced an occasional stutter, once while mounting my horse and again as I jumped into the water to retrieve an item for Triss during the mission in which the player must aid her in getting rid of a rat infestation in Novigrad. During the same mission's ending cut scene Triss still had a fire ball in her hand while speaking with Geralt. I also recall a random guard moving about like a ragdoll during another cutscene earlier in the game when reaching Triss's house, where the player comes across the two looters (also noticed a texture disappear on a wall of her house during the same scene) . It is apparent that all these months of waiting for the CDPR team to fix the framerate drops and implement HDR have resulted in an unacceptable and entirely unplayable experience, and what a shame it is that you guys waste time on cheap gimmicks like hdr and whatever so-called improvements made to the 4k checkerboarding that only create more bugs. The best experience was patch 1.31 with boost mode on ps4 pro and I wish the 4k mode acted the same as it is very nice to look at indeed.

For all 1080p users, I can confirm that the popin is greatly reduced and the framerate is solid so far when in this mode. I've yet to see any cutscene related problems...yet. So 1080p with supersampling disabled is the way to go for now.

FIX THE 4K MODE, the world is still playing catch-up with HDR and is heavily dependent on the tv screen capabilities anyway.
            Last edited by The_Operator_XIII; 12-04-18, 03:28.

Comment

Originally posted by GabrieI View Post
              No they did the right thing to remove supersample. Supersample cause this performance issues. This is aga 1.31 version with HDR.

After testing with both supersampling disabled and enabled via system settings on ps4 pro I can confirm that running in 1080p is solid. The 4k mode is what is causing the horrendous pop-in for 1080p users, visible mostly in trees and it isn't limited to this issue as cut-scenes are affected in some way... allow me to iterate on this: during the cutscene when you're tasked with finding triss in Novigrad a soldier began to ragdoll move in and out of view and again during the final cutscene after eliminating the rat infestion with triss she still had a fireball in hand while talking to Geralt. I haven't yet experienced any of the graphical errors while in 1080p and the framerate is solid so I'm sticking to this mode until 4k is fixed, as should all 1080p users.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Operator_XIII View Post

After testing with both supersampling disabled and enabled via system settings on ps4 pro I can confirm that running in 1080p is solid. The 4k mode is what is causing the horrendous pop-in for 1080p users, visible mostly in trees and it isn't limited to this issue as cut-scenes are affected in some way... allow me to iterate on this: during the cutscene when you're tasked with finding triss in Novigrad a soldier began to ragdoll move in and out of view and again during the final cutscene after eliminating the rat infestion with triss she still had a fireball in hand while talking to Geralt. I haven't yet experienced any of the graphical errors while in 1080p and the framerate is solid so I'm sticking to this mode until 4k is fixed, as should all 1080p users.
                I can confirm that the draw distance is less aggressive when in 1080p. However, it's still worse than the previous patch overall. I'm starting to doubt that the 4k mode will be fixed. Maybe the devs deliberately tweaked down in order to improve performance in 4K. If so, I don't think it was a smart move 'cause why would anyone play in 4k with such terrible graphics? CDPR should say something about it.

Comment

Ok, PPL pls tell me how to downgrade Witcher GOTY to version 1.30 and start Blood & Wine only ? I will be grateful
                  Last edited by keeper_d; 13-04-18, 10:58.

Comment

Originally posted by keeper_d View Post
                    Ok, PPL pls tell me how to downgrade Witcher GOTE to version 1.30 and start Blood & Wine only ? I will be grateful
                    Only works if you have the complete edition: Delete the game, disconnect your ps4 from the internet, and then put the disc back in. It will install with patch 1.30. Then you can start blood and wine from the main menu. You can't do this with the standard edition because it will reinstall without any of the patches so basically the first initial version of the game. You also can't do this with the digital version as it will download with the most recent patch.

Comment

Thank you guys, you fixed the the framerate issues and crashes that plague 1.51 patch for the 1080p users. I can confirm this patch (1.61) for 1080p is the mode to use for this game. It runs crazy smooth.

It's unfortunate for the 4K users though.

If you guys do release another patch, please do not touch whatever you did for the 1080p users. PLEASE!!

Here's proof what I'm referring too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HLo5S1ttHc&t=268s

Comment

Thx TrishKrish, it work.

Comment

Originally posted by MTaranto View Post

I can confirm that the draw distance is less aggressive when in 1080p. However, it's still worse than the previous patch overall. I'm starting to doubt that the 4k mode will be fixed. Maybe the devs deliberately tweaked down in order to improve performance in 4K. If so, I don't think it was a smart move 'cause why would anyone play in 4k with such terrible graphics? CDPR should say something about it.
                          Thank you for confirming what I had begun to suspect this morning. So 1080p has been affected too, but to a far lesser extent it seems. I assume you did a side by side comparison... in any case, this is entirely unacceptable and to be honest it's utter BS. I appreciated the effort back in October when the 4k mode appeared out of the blue, even with the fps drops in crookback bog, but they've completely ruined the game. I'm beginning to believe that I would have preferred straight up dynamic resolution and no hdr then this crap :/

Comment

Im glad I wasnt the only one who niticed this! I rarely ever noticed the draw distance after previous updates even the 4k one! Now the game looks absolutely horrible and has tons of pop in and tearing. Also noticed glitches such as drowner floating about the water and also I stopped and talked to the roaming merchant in skellige and it litterally teleported me back to a village that was quite aways away from were i initiated the conversation. The menu crashes seem to be fixed but they have ruined the look and immersion of the game as now it looks like ps2 textures in the distance. Shittiest part is id imagine they are truly done updating this game now. I had recently bought this for my one x and wow what a difference compared to the ps4 pro version the one x looks and runs great, the ps4 version ran and looked good ebough befpre this update

Comment

I just received an email from CDPR regarding our concerns.. They are aware of this issue and the developer team is working on it. Let's all hope, because in all honesty the 4K mode has been improved in this latest patch no doubt. It's the horrendous pop-in, stutter (I've experienced visually noticeable stutter performing certain actions but it is rare), and cut-scene related problems (noticed a few texture pop-in and ai related issues, also rare but more frequent than the stutter) that ruin the 4K experience. I don't care for HDR as many haven't caught up with this technology, so if the 3 central problems I've outlined can be rectified then I will totally replay this game and all dlc. Witcher 3 is a fantastic and masterful story-telling experience that no other has been able to emulate, so CDPR please get it together. I don't see how a resolution boost can cause so many problems, especially when the pc release is solid at any resolution.

Comment

CDPR, for the love of god just reinstate something more akin to the 1.30 patch for 1080p users and use the extra GPU/CPU power of the Pro to crank up all settings as high as they can go while maintaining 30fps. Then have an entirely separate 4K mode with a dynamic resolution and lower some settings if necessary (except LOD's and draw distance to retain some lvl of parity between 4K and 1080p) to keep that performance solid. That's all we want.

Comment

Working...
                                X