The Witcher 3 PS4 Pro patch issues

+
Zeknotis;n10818651 said:
The new patch for Witcher 3 on PS4 Pro 1080p for me has ruined the game , I did not stop praising CD Projekt Red and Witcher 3 for it's Graphics , it's Beautiful World and now after that patch it has all gone , those silver linings on buildings , stairs and probably every object has ruined the fun and those pop ups are ridiculous ...CD Projekt Red please bring back the 1.50 patch like Gaming , it was so beautiful and now it's worse Should have never updated it and it was not a update but a downgrade . Please fix it , please bring back the 1.50 / 51 performance and just give it up on HDR .

> those silver linings on buildings , stairs and probably every object has ruined the fun

Some pictures or video perhaps, for making a comparison?

I don't understand what you mean with silver lining btw.

Flickering or Shimmering maybe and it was very much less before and now it happens frequently on Buildings , stairs , etc.

Zeknotis;n10820751 said:
Flickering or Shimmering maybe and it was very much less before and now it happens frequently on Buildings , stairs , etc.

In Novigrad?

At a Day or Night shift?

I want to report another issue with this update, Vesemir's dialogue keeps getting cut-off during the tutorial during the part when he is instructing you to cast the signs. Basically his dialogue keeps getting cutting off after you cast the signs. Please can somebody confirm if you are experiencing this too?

MaroNabih;n10821221 said:
I want to report another issue with this update, Vesemir's dialogue keeps getting cut-off during the tutorial during the part when he is instructing you to cast the signs. Basically his dialogue keeps getting cutting off after you cast the signs. Please can somebody confirm if you are experiencing this too?

You made your own topic here (and that was the right thing to do): https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...ing-off-during-tutorial-after-1-60-1-61-patch

...so, you can easily delete that post above if you want. ;)

I did encounter some other issues, sometimes the game doesnt tell that you leveled up, no combat vocals on combats, area/location info text on cutscene acts weird its faded so fast and you cant catch it to read it. Do you guys have those issues too? I have the GOTY version.

mark5916;n10815301 said:
Oops! My Monitor just died. lol

As for your question...

That depends entirely from the resources that the game engine requires from the CPU-GPU compo.

I don't know which parts of the game are processed from the GPU and which ones from the CPU.

Every game has different CPU or GPU demands, and as it seems different areas of the game are stressing the PS4 Pro hardware in different ways.

That means some areas on the game are more CPU demanding and some others not.

To my knowledge the CPU bound areas of the game are Novigrad and Crookback Bog. Native resolution got a boost, ambient occlusion most noticeable in foliage has also received an upgrade. Maybe there's room for more if resolution is dropped, maybe not. The PC metrics give an idea of this, but I'm limited by a 940mx hahaha ):<

Hi there. Yesterday i have tried New Patch with my 1080p TV and PS4 Pro. I have noticed some small pop ups in distance but not that bad as 4K players. Framerate is solid stable like old times. I’m dissapointed with missing Performance mode. Or Unlocked FPS . But stable FPS is better than nothing

When I’m near to some tree or other object like tall grass or something , and quickly turn around . For couple of seconds these objects starts flashing and their textures have slow loading . I have never noticed that in previous versions of the Game .

GabrieI;n10822441 said:
I did encounter some other issues, sometimes the game doesnt tell that you leveled up, no combat vocals on combats, area/location info text on cutscene acts weird its faded so fast and you cant catch it to read it. Do you guys have those issues too? I have the GOTY version.

I have noticed all this too in my GOTY Edition. Other things I noticed were:
- The inicial Geralt's armor gets transparent when you move the character.
- Sometimes the sky textures trembles when we move (with HDR activated)
- The sun/moon shines much, much brighter when you cast igni with HDR activated.

Whe have waited 6 months in order to get a "quality" patch and we got the worst patch ever.

We should open a ticket and report all this.

The_Operator_XIII;n10822531 said:
To my knowledge the CPU bound areas of the game are Novigrad and Crookback Bog. Native resolution got a boost, ambient occlusion most noticeable in foliage has also received an upgrade. Maybe there's room for more if resolution is dropped, maybe not. The PC metrics give an idea of this, but I'm limited by a 940mx hahaha ):<

If you lower the resolution more on a 1080p TV, it would look worse than the older 1.30 patch.

And if you lower the games resolution on a 4K TV, it would look bad too as it wouldn't look like 4K anymore. lol

mark5916;n10825731 said:
If you lower the resolution more on a 1080p TV, it would look worse than the older 1.30 patch.

And if you lower the games resolution on a 4K TV, it would look bad too as it wouldn't look like 4K anymore. lol

That's not at all what I'm saying. I mean that since the PS4 Pro runs at above native 1080p in its 4K mode, there are GPU resources available in order to implement an enhanced 1080p experience with boosted graphical settings...the more GPU intensive settings I mean.

The_Operator_XIII;n10827821 said:
That's not at all what I'm saying. I mean that since the PS4 Pro runs at above native 1080p in its 4K mode, there are GPU resources available in order to implement an enhanced 1080p experience with boosted graphical settings...the more GPU intensive settings I mean.

That doesn't matter anymore, as i have made my decision.

Except from some minor visual glitches that i don't care about, as they are only distracting if you look very closely to a particular spot...and if you run or fight you will not notice them anyway, something else bothers me.

I saw that the game does push the Console fan to high speeds (again) if you are in Velen, and that means that enabling SS does bring the game back as it was with the patch 1.5

So, the console struggles again with SS enabled.

Summing everything up, i decided to stick with the 1.30 patch for now.

That means, deleting the game and downloading the German language pack again.

If i start that way, that would be the 12th time that i start over.

However this time around, i will not start the game right away, but just play something else.

Let's say, i will start over again at the end of year or so. ;)

Last edited:
mark5916 : So if I enable SS on my PS4 Pro and 1080p TV , its useless ? Does it have bad Performance and glitching ?... In any case ,I’ll wait for another Patch and hope they will fix this little problems

Frost-CZ;n10828661 said:
mark5916 : So if I enable SS on my PS4 Pro and 1080p TV , its useless ? Does it have bad Performance and glitching ?... In any case ,I’ll wait for another Patch and hope they will fix this little problems

>Does it have bad Performance and glitching ?.

The performance is good. And picture quality is decent as well.

The console fan starts to spin (especially outside of Novigrad), and that doesn't make much sense.

Why not in Novigrad? lol

Because in my opinion, disabling SS what difference would that make vs the 1.30 patch?

And those distance problems wasn't present on the 1.30 patch either.

So at the end, what's special about the patch 1.60 that would justify an update over the older 1.30 patch?

Last edited:
mark5916;n10827881 said:
That doesn't matter anymore, as i have made my decision.

Except from some minor visual glitches that i don't care about, as they are only distracting if you look very closely to a particular spot...and if you run or fight you will not notice them anyway, something else bothers me.

I saw that the game does push the Console fan to high speeds (again) if you are in Velen, and that means that enabling SS does bring the game back as it was with the patch 1.5

So, the console struggles again with SS enabled.

Summing everything up, i decided to stick with the 1.30 patch for now.

That means, deleting the game and downloading the German language pack again.

If i start that way, that would be the 12th time that i start over.

However this time around, i will not start the game right away, but just play something else.

Let's say, i will start over again at the end of year or so. ;)

You are correct in that it doesn't matter anymore considering CDPR have made their goals with the 4K/HDR patch clear from the start, so no enhanced 1080p mode on the table. And I'm sure they have their reasons. As for whatever decision you yourself have made, good on you and as you've pointed out the issues present while in 1080p are hardly distracting. I would play the way you do on patch 1.30, however I have the digital GoTY edition and it always downloads with the latest patch so I'm not touching this game until the 4K mode is perfected, because it was my main incentive to return for another playthrough. Gosh, now I've gone and pissed myself off again...looks like rain cdpr u.u

Frost-CZ;n10828661 said:

From one 1080p user to another, don't enable SS on your PS4 Pro console for this game as that forces the 4K mode on your screen which is now plagued by a host of bugs and graphical errors. Draw distance and Pop-in most noticeable while in 4K mode. Playing with SS disabled is NOT equal to patch 1.30 as others would suggest without thorough testing. I can vouch for the fact that it runs almost entirely similar to patch 1.30, however pop in is still overall worse though hardly as distracting as the 4K mode and I've experienced minor graphical glitches such as guards in Novigrad turning bright purple while in 1080p. It's strange, happened just yesterday and everything returned to normal after fast traveling away and back. In general, this patch sucks all around, just a lot less in 1080p.

To summarize:
4K suffers from mainly minor but frequent bugs, terribly distracting draw distance on ground foliage and pop-in issues around not-too-distant trees. See the video that started this thread.
1080p rectifies almost all of these issues, and runs at a solid 30fps 99% of the time. However, pop-in is comparably worse now than in 1.30 but not at all distracting. Occasional bugs pop up but overall it is effectively patch 1.30 without the need to enable boost mode in order to maintain stable 30fps as this latest patch is still a Pro patch even in 1080p, so it does utilize resources that are not available to non pro-enhanced games.

Last edited:
The_Operator_XIII;n10831251 said:
You are correct in that it doesn't matter anymore considering CDPR have made their goals with the 4K/HDR patch clear from the start, so no enhanced 1080p mode on the table. And I'm sure they have their reasons. As for whatever decision you yourself have made, good on you and as you've pointed out the issues present while in 1080p are hardly distracting. I would play the way you do on patch 1.30, however I have the digital GoTY edition and it always downloads with the latest patch so I'm not touching this game until the 4K mode is perfected, because it was my main incentive to return for another playthrough. Gosh, now I've gone and pissed myself off again...looks like rain cdpr u.u

>I have the digital GoTY edition and it always downloads with the latest patch

Yeah, that's unfortunate.

>Playing with SS disabled is NOT equal to patch 1.30 as others would suggest without thorough testing. I can vouch for the fact that it runs almost entirely similar to patch 1.30

I don't deny that, but what's with picture quality?

I compared some pictures from patch 1.30 and the most of them (in relation to the angle you have taken the shot) aren't anti-aliased at all!

i can vouch picture quality on the patch 1.60 with SS (that can't be applied to the 1.30 patch anyway) is greater than on the patch 1.30

And that was my main goal for using the patch 1.60 with SS. An better Anti-aliased game play.

Unfortunately (as i mentioned in another topic) the Console fan kicks in badly in Velen with the later.

I know exactly how the 1.30 patch behaves. I finished the whole game that way + the 1st expansion and was half way on the second...:p

Last edited:
Top Bottom