The Witcher 3 PS4 Pro patch issues

+
The Witcher 3 PS4 Pro patch issues

What happened to the game's distance of view?! I thought it would improve after the patch, but it has completely worsened! When I ride my horse through any area (at least the Hearts Of Stone expansion's area) I see trees vanish in front of me! Some trees just disappear and some appear out of nowhere! I know it's not PC so I can't change anything myself, but you can! Please, fix this!

So 6 months for release a shitty patch again? I don’t think to launch this game anymore on my PS4, and don’t buy next game from those developers until the game is around 20€.

Villaran92;n10796201 said:
And the downsampling has disappeared for 1080p TV users.

If that's indeed the case, then the 1.60 patch should be similar to the 1.30 patch with some optimizations (that must to be seen) and the HDR support.

And if that is true (theoretically) the fps state should be almost comparable to the 1.30 patch.

Unfortunately, I can't know about the 4K status of the game, as i don't own an 4K TV.

No they did the right thing to remove supersample. Supersample cause this performance issues. This is aga 1.31 version with HDR.

I play on Pro, and yes the game runs smooth again. If you want play with supersample just active it on PS4 pro display settings, but it cause fps drops.

Yes the pop-in is absolutely horrible!

https://youtu.be/n_Jk228B5fA

Look at the video. Look at the ground textures on the other side of the road. The textures look like something from a PS2 era. And the pop-in is absolutely horrible when I start moving with the character.

The game only draws objects on the ground in abota 15m radius from geralt.

This is captured from PS4 PRO with the latest patch.

GabrieI;n10796931 said:
I play on Pro, and yes the game runs smooth again. If you want play with supersample just active it on PS4 pro display settings, but it cause fps drops.

Aha that's something new.

Because patch 1.3 with SS feature enabled (from the Console) doesn't work at all.

No difference whatsoever if enabling or disabling that feature as picture quality concerns.

RazorBlade_91;n10796951 said:
Yes the pop-in is absolutely horrible!

https://youtu.be/n_Jk228B5fA

Look at the video. Look at the ground textures on the other side of the road. The textures look like something from a PS2 era. And the pop-in is absolutely horrible when I start moving with the character.

The game only draws objects on the ground in abota 15m radius from geralt.

This is captured from PS4 PRO with the latest patch.

Do you use a 4K TV or not?

RazorBlade_91;n10797311 said:
Yes I have a 4K TV. And bear in mind, the draw distance / pop-in wasn't anything like that before this most recent update.

I will test that on my 1080p TV.

That problem could be exclusive if you run the game on a 4K TV.

To be honest, that may be not help you any further, but i would link that video to CDPR.

Does that draw distance problem occurs on other regions of the game as well?

So, what's about Velen or Skellige Isles?

Have you made a backup from your save files and started over (so a new game) with a new save slot that relies completely on the 1.60 patch?

Hopefully Digital Foundry (YouTube channel) covers this patch. If they do, they will cover draw distance, resolution and frame rate. Is this another widespread problem? Is the inventory crash still happening? Disappointing...

Draw distance looks terrible after that patch. It was much better on my original PS4 when i played this game 3 years ago. I have never seen this before. It completely ruins immersion of the game. Plz fix this. Just take a look at the video....

What have they done? They completely ruined the play experience. But I'm hopping it's a bug related, not a dev choice.

I recently updated to patch 1.61, though in-game it reads 1.60 and I'm playing on a 1080p tv with super sampling enabled. The differences are very obvious switching between 1080p and 4k. Firstly, 1080p super sampling has disappeared entirely and must be enabled in system settings. Second, the pop-in (trees in the distance mostly) is horrendously bad while in 4k mode. Also, while in 4k on a 1080p screen I've experienced an occasional stutter, once while mounting my horse and again as I jumped into the water to retrieve an item for Triss during the mission in which the player must aid her in getting rid of a rat infestation in Novigrad. During the same mission's ending cut scene Triss still had a fire ball in her hand while speaking with Geralt. I also recall a random guard moving about like a ragdoll during another cutscene earlier in the game when reaching Triss's house, where the player comes across the two looters (also noticed a texture disappear on a wall of her house during the same scene) . It is apparent that all these months of waiting for the CDPR team to fix the framerate drops and implement HDR have resulted in an unacceptable and entirely unplayable experience, and what a shame it is that you guys waste time on cheap gimmicks like hdr and whatever so-called improvements made to the 4k checkerboarding that only create more bugs. The best experience was patch 1.31 with boost mode on ps4 pro and I wish the 4k mode acted the same as it is very nice to look at indeed.

For all 1080p users, I can confirm that the popin is greatly reduced and the framerate is solid so far when in this mode. I've yet to see any cutscene related problems...yet. So 1080p with supersampling disabled is the way to go for now.

FIX THE 4K MODE, the world is still playing catch-up with HDR and is heavily dependent on the tv screen capabilities anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom