The Witcher 3 PS4 Pro patch issues

+
Are they going to fix the draw distance on the pro? Had no issues like this before 1.60/1.61 patch. Did they even test the patch on the pro with a 4k tv and notice the crappy draw distance now?

The 1.50/1.51 update came out right as I was in the middle of my first playthrough of the game, and since I disliked the frame rate drops and my game started crashing a lot I decided to wait until the issue was fixed, but now apparently the 1.61 patch has some problems as well.

I was going to start over anyways, should I just delete my install data and go with 1.30? Does that patch have any serious issues? It's kind of a hassle to disconnect my PS4 from the Internet whenever I'm playing the game though.

brom.eeyhib;n10838121 said:
The 1.50/1.51 update came out right as I was in the middle of my first playthrough of the game, and since I disliked the frame rate drops and my game started crashing a lot I decided to wait until the issue was fixed, but now apparently the 1.61 patch has some problems as well.

I was going to start over anyways, should I just delete my install data and go with 1.30? Does that patch have any serious issues? It's kind of a hassle to disconnect my PS4 from the Internet whenever I'm playing the game though.

>It's kind of a hassle to disconnect my PS4 from the Internet whenever I'm playing the game though.

And why is that so difficult? lol

>Does that patch have any serious issues?

Some quests can glitch out, but that was always that way.

Other than that - NO, it's the best way to play that game if you are on a 1080p Monitor or TV.

Just don't forget to enable Boost Mode if you are on the PS4 Pro ;)

After few days of playing, Performance with FullHD really doesn’t that bad. But feel sorry for our 4K friends

Frost-CZ;n10838471 said:
After few days of playing, Performance with FullHD really doesn’t that bad. But feel sorry for our 4K friends

Are you are playing with the latest patch 1.60?

Do you play on a PS4 Pro?

If that's the case, have you encountered any console fan noises and do you play with or w/o SS (Super-Sampling)?

mark5916;n10831301 said:
>I have the digital GoTY edition and it always downloads with the latest patch

Yeah, that's unfortunate.

>Playing with SS disabled is NOT equal to patch 1.30 as others would suggest without thorough testing. I can vouch for the fact that it runs almost entirely similar to patch 1.30

I don't deny that, but what's with picture quality?

I compared some pictures from patch 1.30 and the most of them (in relation to the angle you have taken the shot) aren't anti-aliased at all!

i can vouch picture quality on the patch 1.60 with SS (that can't be applied to the 1.30 patch anyway) is greater than on the patch 1.30

And that was my main goal for using the patch 1.60 with SS. An better Anti-aliased game play.

Unfortunately (as i mentioned in another topic) the Console fan kicks in badly in Velen with the later.

I know exactly how the 1.30 patch behaves. I finished the whole game that way + the 1st expansion and was half way on the second...:p

I agree, something is wrong across the board with patch 1.60/1.61. I hadn't caught the AA problem but now that you mention it... unacceptable that we've been made to wait so long for a downgrade! Anyway, I'm out until things are fixed and back to God of War :D

The_Operator_XIII;n10839241 said:
I agree, something is wrong across the board with patch 1.60/1.61. I hadn't caught the AA problem but now that you mention it... unacceptable that we've been made to wait so long for a downgrade! Anyway, I'm out until things are fixed and back to God of War :D

Oh! OK. Have fun with GOW.

I'm itching for getting Detroit: Become Human

The game has a development budget of €30 million and the 2.000 page script took more than two years to be written!

It seems very sophisticated, and that makes it a worth buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9qWMJHqypg

Right now, i started over with The Witcher 3 on the 1.30 patch. :p

They are hundreds of workers, even if the people working on Witcher 3 patches are 5 people, dont they got eyes to see how bad the draw distance was? I needed 10 min to notice something was going bad. Its unreal.

I play on PS4 Pro with latest Patch. Haven’t noticed any fan noises like in previous Patch 1.50 which it was very loud. No SS enable for sure. However , I Doesn’t played any quest yet . Waiting to complete GoW and then after 3 years , I’ll start fresh start of New Game Plus.

Guys its confirmed 1.60/1.61 patch messes the game up.

What we can do now is submit tickets to CDPR with all these problems so hopefully they could come up with a 1.70 patch to fix ALL these issues.

Shame because game got even worse than 1.50.

My issue is Vesemir's Dialogue cut.

I've sended ticket for those all issues.

From CDPR support;

Hello,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this situation. We are aware of this issue and our development team is investigating how to address it.

For now only changing the 4k resolution to something less can help.

GabrieI;n10842101 said:
I've sended ticket for those all issues.

From CDPR support;

Hello,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this situation. We are aware of this issue and our development team is investigating how to address it.

For now only changing the 4k resolution to something less can help.

Did you send a ticket with Vesemir's bug?

TrishKrish;n10797741 said:
Hopefully Digital Foundry (YouTube channel) covers this patch. If they do, they will cover draw distance, resolution and frame rate. Is this another widespread problem? Is the inventory crash still happening? Disappointing...

>Is the inventory crash still happening? Disappointing...

If the word Disappointing goes to the inventory crash, as far as i know - NO it does not happen.

At least i did not happen on my testings. ;)

For me...the last patch is a mixed bag. Yes the draw down has been reduced.I mostly only notice it when sprinting on Roach. On the plus side the game looks like a new game. HDR has been amazing to me.The colors...Oh the colors have been impressive. Crook back bog seems....a new world....full of color and life. So... I hope they can tweak the last patch...but over all I am pleased. YMMV

mark5916 I went into my PS4's settings and changed the resolution to 1080p. I checked out the Super Sampling option but it said it wasn't supported on my 4K monitor. So I couldn't test with it on. Also it said that manually selecting 1080p could increase frame rate in some games. Opened the game and noticed immediately the game didn't look as sharp as it did before. I went to Crow's perch and talked to Yoana and selected the "interesting accent" option. This is my fan noise test. The fans go crazy during this dialogue (really all dialogue sequences). To my suprise, the fans were silent! Throughout my 15 or so minutes of testing, fans were silent the whole time! My PS4's fans are quite loud so to not hear them at all was great. The fans were consistently silent the whole time.

Another positive, the draw distance and pop in issues were gone! Went to multple areas on Roach to test, and saw no pop in! It's obviously disappointing to have to play on 1080p instead of 4K, but I honestly think the positives outweigh the negatives. Anyone having issues with 4K, put it to 1080p and problem solved. I can finally play this game without issue!

Top Bottom