Spoiler: Eredin Battle Portal Problems

+
Spoiler: Eredin Battle Portal Problems

I had the second portal issue where I follow Eredin through just to be stuck looking at the ships from above. My health drains and I die. I understand there is supposed to be a cutscene.

I've read about this issue and it seemed doing a manual menu switch from "Kill Eredin" to "Follow Eredin" was the fix. Now, with the HDR update, that isn't working either.

I have the base PS4 with it set to automatic resolution (1080p). Any suggestions?

UPDATE: I turned off auto resolution and went to 720p. I also turned HDR off. I did the manual quest switch to "Follow" and ran around for about 30 seconds before jumping through the portal. No difference. Still hanging in the air looking down at the ships and ice. I am able to turn the cameras and even eat food as I see my health decline.

Last edited:
I'd recommend reloading to a saved game a bit further back. Try playing through again and (scary, perhaps, as this may sound), avoid saving at any time during the combat sequence. The game is not supposed to be saved while the combat elements are running.

If not, I'd recommend rebuilding the database, then restoring to a point before the combat begins.

Alternatively, it could be some weird issue caused by the specific potions / decoctions you have active. What are you using, if anything?

Thanks for the reply.

My load starts on the ship right before the fight and after the cutscene. I can try going back to the previous save but iI don't save during the battle itself. I have seen recommendations about rebuilding the database so will give that a try if the earlier save doesn't work. I am only using Petri's Philter, Swallow and Thunderbolt.

I maybe froze twice the entire zillion hours I've put into the game so wondered if this has something to do with the 1.61 patch.

I wanted to tell you loading an older save did the trick. I manually changed the quest to "Follow Eredin" to be safe. Thanks again for your help.

Top Bottom