SOLVED Major graphical glitches - 1.6.1. PS4 Slim + HDR

+
Major graphical glitches - 1.6.1. PS4 Slim + HDR

On loading everything, seems fine. The TV (LG OLED B7) tells me it's now in HDR mode. Then once I press any button to continue, this happens. https://youtu.be/IzYxsL9uZfo?t=50.

I've heard of the graphical pop-in glitches, but can't find anything resembling this.

Last edited:
simonjefford;n10827411 said:
On loading everything, seems fine. The TV (LG OLED B7) tells me it's now in HDR mode. Then this one I press any button to continue, this happens. https://youtu.be/IzYxsL9uZfo?t=50.

I've heard of the graphical pop-in glitches, but can't find anything resembling this.

That's a game issue for sure! Try to reinstall the game.

mark5916;n10827451 said:
There are dozens of settings you can adjust as picture quality and signal concerns.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg...-oled/settings

Just try some out, to get your desired result. ;)

I'll have a look through that thanks. One thing I forgot to point out though is that other games, such as Horizon Zero Dawn and Destiny 2 are fine with HDR enabled.

It's worth a go though, I'll try the gamma and other settings, then a reinstall and let you all know. Thanks all.

If nothing will help you, maybe Rebuild database on your PS4 will. Sometimes this solves many problems with games :) good luck

Frost-CZ;n10829611 said:
If nothing will help you, maybe Rebuild database on your PS4 will. Sometimes this solves many problems with games :) good luck

I keep seeing people say that everywhere since PS3 launch. One thing I can say for sure is that I never ever have any game issue fixed by rebuilding data base.

The "rebuild database" option on PS3/PS4 is not what most people think it is. It's not a defragmentation option, it's not a DRM restoring option -- it's a debug feature to use only in extreme and rare cases when the Orbis/BSD file system is corrupted (think of it like a Windows Check Disk). Some people use it on a regular basis, failing to understand that it doesn't magically improve performance.

Frost-CZ;n10829591 said:
Did you tryed turn of HDR for a moment ?

Yeah, I can play the game fine if I turn HDR off. I figured that HDR should probably work a *bit* better than that though... :D

simonjefford;n10827411 said:
On loading everything, seems fine. The TV (LG OLED B7) tells me it's now in HDR mode. Then once I press any button to continue, this happens. https://youtu.be/IzYxsL9uZfo?t=50.

Not sure this will help but....

I noticed very different HDR results when using different profiles. For example, when using my LG TV on Game mode, everything appeared very dull. Switching to any other mode, made the screen brighten up significantly. So, try that and also try adjusting the gamma within the game and the TV white balance, when in HDR mode. Also...make sure that the HDMI port that your PS is connected to, is capable of deep Deep Colour. You will find that in the general options for LG TVs.

simonjefford;n10829791 said:
Yeah, I can play the game fine if I turn HDR off. I figured that HDR should probably work a *bit* better than that though...

This is a good sign. The effect, especially the multi-colored, random pixellation that seems to occur is very close to what I would exepect to see for a dying video card on PC. If it plays fine in non-HDR, and you do not see this behavior in any other games, the GPU is likely fine.

Aside from that...ew. Check the connections on the PS4 and TV, making sure everything is plugged all the way in. You may want to inspect the male/female parts of each connection for dust build-up or corrosion. Another thing I've seen is graphical weirdness because of conflicting peripherals (like plugging in a camera, phone, secondary display, etc.). Even if wireless, sometimes that can cause issues. (Not sure what can be connected to a PS4 that might cause this -- just a thought.)

Frost-CZ;n10828371 said:
Maybe its problém with Gamma settings, check that out . I think other people have same problem

Yup, that was it. I gotta admit I was pretty sceptical, but turned out it was cranked *way* up for some reason, and turning it down, well, now it's very pretty indeed.

Thanks!

simonjefford;n10856131 said:
Yup, that was it. I gotta admit I was pretty sceptical, but turned out it was cranked *way* up for some reason, and turning it down, well, now it's very pretty indeed.

Thanks!

You see? it was not the games fault.

Glad you fixed it! ;)

can anybody tell me why CDPR updated their game that made it worse? there are more glitches then ever in my experience and its been over a month and still no fixes.... especially when the update didnt even try to fix any of the bugs already in the game before....so come on whats going on?

I have this exact problem right now, I buy a new TV (samsung 50 UHD smart TV) as a gift to my self this xmas last night so excited for my tv, I got home early from work turn my ps4, insert witcher 3 to the drive then bum the graphics is distorted. I turn off hdr on my ps4 nothing happens, but if I turn off both hdr and deep color option on my ps4 the game is fine, but it makes no sense the reason I buy this TV is to experience HDR.

Top Bottom