Were's the loot!?

+
Were's the loot!?

Just came back to the Witcher 3 to finish it out (played about a year ago then life got busy). What happened to loot? I used to be able to sift through piles of boxes and basically if it looked like a container I could crack it open. Now I'm lucky to find a chest! Is this a change with a patch? Or am I glitching?

Sorry if this isn't the place for this.

Welcome to the Forums, Htheman!

Not sure why that would be. There are still plenty of containers, jests, bags, etc. all over the world that can be looted. Can you be more specific about where you are / what you're doing?

I doubt the quantity of the loot boxes have been changed. The game is exactly the same as it was with previous patches.

Could it be that you have forgotten the exact places that you should look at?

Some boxes (for example) can be looted only if you find the corresponding key!

>I used to be able to sift through piles of Boxes...

Can you even remember those places, as you haven't played the game for almost a year.

Htheman;n10833781 said:
Now I'm lucky to find a chest! Is this a change with a patch?
As far as I know, there shouldn't have been any change in the number of containers. Are you seeing a reduction throughout all the game's regions, or just in a certain area?

Well I think I wrote this in haste. I noticed the patch notes about the loot tweaks and assumed that this resulted in my bad loot finds in the western skellige map (abandoned village area). Sorry for the reactionary post. Thanks all, it seems ok now that I explore more.

Out of curiosity does anyone know what the tweaks are by any chance?

Htheman;n10838881 said:
Well I think I wrote this in haste. I noticed the patch notes about the loot tweaks and assumed that this resulted in my bad loot finds in the western skellige map (abandoned village area). Sorry for the reactionary post. Thanks all, it seems ok now that I explore more.

Out of curiosity does anyone know what the tweaks are by any chance?

>Out of curiosity does anyone know what the tweaks are by any chance?

There aren't any tweaks, especially related to loot.

With tweaks, they meaning those below changes.
  • Added HDR support.
  • Added various performance optimizations.
  • The Witcher 3 version 1.61 added stability improvements.
  • Added localization bugfixing.
  • The Witcher 3 1.61 added minor visual improvements.

Top Bottom