Hotfix for PS4 Pro live + Feedback from Witcher FB fanpage Mod on future patches

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hotfix for PS4 Pro live + Feedback from Witcher FB fanpage Mod on future patches

Greetings everyone,

I reactivated my old profile (as I'm actually never on here) to make this post, as i felt it should address some important things.

First of all, as announced on The Witcher FB fanpage a short while ago, a Hotfix for PS4 & PS4 Pro users has been launched to fix the draw distance issues.
As I have yet to fire up my game on a 4K TV + PS4 Pro setup to check if this is indeed the case, I cannot comment on the fact that the issue has been fixed.

As a workaround I have been playing through 1080p forced output, to mitigate the side effects introduced in patch 1.60/1.61.
This made the game playable again in a sense that the visual bugs introduced were no longer present.

This, in my game at least, included the following;

1) Draw Distance/Shadows severely impacted (this is widely known)
2) Geralt with black hair/beard when entering caves or other dark inside areas
3) Major clipping and bad animations; characters grabbing next to their sword and never unsheathing it properly, the sword sometimes hangs right next to the hand mid-air. NPC's leaning into buildings, are sunk into the ground halfway, innkeepers leaning straight into their tables instead of on top of it, etc.

Now point 1 has supposedly been addressed and fixed in the Hotfix.
I made an enquire however on the fanpage if points 2 and 3 are also fixed or are being looked into, this is a direct copy-paste of the response;

"Hello! As for now there are no further plans for patching the game, but we'll look into those issues."

So (unfortunately), the priority has been given to fixing the draw distance solely, and not anything else.
Based off of this feedback it also doesn't seem like attention will be given to any other issues on short term, if any attention will be given at all

Ofcourse, seeing E3 draws closer and CDPR is focused largely on Cyberpunk, this response is not entirely surprising.
Still, if I notice that the other issues are still largely present, it ultimately breaks my immersion and I will revert once again to 1080p output.

Would love to hear others' feedback, findings on the new Hotfix and comments!

Yup,the draw down seems fixed.my tv still wants to switch to 1080p when the hdr is on so I'll just keep it off for this game. All in all though it looks fine and no crashes so I'm good with it.

Johnnysurf7;n10946702 said:
my tv still wants to switch to 1080p when the hdr is on so I'll just keep it off for this game.

How do you notice this? Do you go into the TV settings under the video output? Or is it the Playstation that reverts to 1080p when you start the game?

I'm playing using a Samsung UE55MU8000, but haven't specifically checked when playing the Witcher 3 if it sets itself to 1080 instead.

How about any other side-effects as mentioned? Do you see any black hair/beard generated or bad clipping/animation?

Flapjackers;n10946723 said:
How do you notice this? Do you go into the TV settings under the video output? Or is it the Playstation that reverts to 1080p when you start the game?

I'm playing using a Samsung UE55MU8000, but haven't specifically checked when playing the Witcher 3 if it sets itself to 1080 instead.

How about any other side-effects as mentioned? Do you see any black hair/beard generated or bad clipping/animation?

I'm using a cheap Hisense 4k tv.The picture is great but there are not a lot of adjustments like more the more expensive brands have.The hdr works great on games like HZD.On my set if you press the input button it will display the output resolution.If the hdr is on the game switches to 1080p and the colors look washed out.If the hdr is off it will stay on 4k.

Johnnysurf7;n10946855 said:
I'm using a cheap Hisense 4k tv.The picture is great but there are not a lot of adjustments like more the more expensive brands have.The hdr works great on games like HZD.On my set if you press the input button it will display the output resolution.If the hdr is on the game switches to 1080p and the colors look washed out.If the hdr is off it will stay on 4k.

Have you tried the option that this video shows below?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP6n26VC1K8

Johnnysurf7;n10946999 said:
So I watched the video and I'll be damned, it works!
Thanks man,good looking out.

Yeah, i figured it out and that's why i posted that video.

The most of the time, people just don't know how they properly configure their TVs for getting HDR to work.

Anyhow, glad you got it work!

Enjoy the game! :cheers:

Hello, folks!

Sorry to snip this conversation, but it's already all over the place. One topic per thread, please!

Flapjackers, if you wish to start a new thread for each, separate issue / question, feel free!

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom