TECHNICAL INFO:
Witcher 3 The Wile Hunt - CUSA 00527
PS4, Disc
New Game Plus: No
Hearts of Stone: No
Blood and Wine: No
Patch Version 1.31

ISSUE:
A CE-34878-0 PS4 crash is able to be reproduced whenever holding L2 to compare items when shopping with a merchant.

Details on Troubleshooting & Workarounds:
I am able to reproduce this crash no matter the location (Skellige, Novigrad, etc). This seems to happen with any vendor anywhere (whether regular merchant or blacksmith or armorer). Crash happens whenever pressing or holding L2 to compare items in shopping menus and does NOT happen when comparing items in the regular inventory menu (thankfully). The crash does not seem to happen when simply browsing items while shopping either, only when comparing (thankfully).

I have already completed The Murders in the Byways quest long ago, so this is not a solution.
Please help, thank you!

Having the same problem. Would like to add it happens also in your item stash too, when you compare stats. Sent support my save file.

Same problem here. Already sent my complaint to support. This game js over a year old and still you can't play it normal. Wish I could get my money back....

So for the people here suffering this problem as i had myself for ages i had to post this here to possibly help anyone else suffering the same issue. After testing.. the problem? Large text size. I haven't seen this posted ANYWHERE. No save corruption, no reinstalling game, no rebuilding database none of that rubbish it wasn't us, it never was us. The game can't handle comparing with large text. .. Yup. 1) Before holding L2 to compare hold L3 on merchant screen to make text small again 2) Then compare 3) Enjoy this amazing game again, as i haven't for months.
If it doesn't work for you, please say so. But it has for me. Blows my mind how nobody higher up has discovered this solution and i had to...

I get the same thing when I go into my stash to compare items and then lately it almost always crashes...I've become scared to even try to compare cause the loading times on PS4 are so extremely long..

No Title

I was having the same error but for the quest to save dandilion i jist bought the game a couple days ago and so i ruahed through the quest as fast as i could after you talk to the dwarves there is an auto save that gave me this message.

Attachments

• photo175121.jpg
    photo175121.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 320
Ugh. Try the following:

1.) Remove all gear (weapons, armor, crossbow, bombs, potions, etc.) and empty EVERYTHING (gear, ingredients, bombs, potions, etc.) out of your inventory into a stash.

2.) With absolutely nothing on you or in your inventory, travel between regions. Go from Velen to Skellige, for example.

3.) Go to your stash in that location and pick up only what you need. Try not to load up your inventory. Go sell something. If it works, save the game in a new slot. (I would strongly recommend deleting at least the saved games that you know were causing issues at this point.) Try to sell things from your stash off in chunks at a time -- avoid LOADING your inventory.

Basically, if your inventory is really full, when the game updates, changes can filter down through various objects. This, in turn, means that the game needs to create updated (new) instances of every, single object, replacing its ID with a new number for every individual change. (This is invisible -- you can't see these IDs in the game -- it happens in the engine.) If there are tons and tons of items and/or lots of changes, the IDs start to get very large...large enough that the engine has trouble reading them...and the issue occurs.

It won't happen to everyone, but if it does happen, the only way to fix it is to try what I've suggested above. (Yes, it's annoying, takes a long time, and is not guaranteed to work...but it's the only viable option.) By doing it, when you travel between regions, the game will (...should...is likely to...) generate a brand-new instance of almost every item in your stash using the new systems introduced in the patch. This should make their new IDs much, much smaller, and hopefully dodge the bug.

It may not work for unique items or gear that you've previously "used" (meaning its condition is below 100% because you actually used it), as the game may need to maintain the wonky ID in order to maintain the data about the object. Players that encounter a crash or other issue after doing the stash-->dump-->travel-->retrieve thing will simply have to avoid interacting with the borked gear for the remainder of the game. :(

The moral of the story? Witchers are frugal. Pretend you're a real witcher! Try not to hoard stuff, sell off junk right away, keep your inventory light. If you experience "lag" while interacting with your inventory, that's a great sign that item IDs might be getting too big, and the engine is struggling with it. Time to dump / sell some stuff...before it's too late! ;)

Last edited:
Hello,

BEST PS4 PRO SOLUTION FOR INVENTORY CRASH

Yesterday the problem happened to me again. After start a New Game +, when I arrived Crow´s Perch, I went to the blacksmith repair my set of GrandMaster griffin and swords, and the problem of
Crash it happened to me again.
What I do to solve this problem is the following: after the game crashed, start the game normally ... continue ... loading and you're in the game again, pause the game, click save game and delete all automatically saved games, after deleting all, manually save the game.
Now let's go to the inventory: open the inventory, do not put the selector on any witcher master item (green color) if witcher items are already equipped you select any item in your inventory (equipment other than witcher) and press L3 to hide the letters, after hiding the letters, try to remove and re-equip master witcher items (always with the letters hidden to remove and equip master witcher equipment)
do not try to hide the letters from the witch master equipment, the game will crashed, You have to hide the letters with another item, other than master witcher. if you do not have the witch master items equipped, make the same, select any item and hide the letters then equip the witcher items, always with the letters hidden.
I did not realize it, but it seems to me that I always go to the blacksmith of the crow´s perch repair the master witcher set the game crashed. I'll look at this again and come back to warn you.
With this solution I can play always, whenever you game crash , you can do this and return to play without crash.
Hope this helps!!!

PSN ID: MaiconYKZ

Crashing in inventory

The error number is (CE-34878-0)

The game has begun crashing fairly consistently when I'm either in my inventory, stash, or viewing a merchants goods. The devil of it is that there's no consistency, I basically have to load over and over again until I can craft whatever sword or sell off whatever junk. It seems to be worst when I'm crafting new witcher armor, or dropping something in my stash. The stash is empty besides one sword, for clarification.

To answer a few things that I'm just sure will be brought up:

I am not "hoarding" anything, I have less than 25 of any one item at any given time. However, this should not be an issue in the first place.

I have absolutely reinstalled the game. Several times actually.

I have deleted all my old save files.

Any suggestions? Is this something that can be fixed in a patch?

WheelofDopamine;n10520262 said:
The error number is (CE-34878-0)

The game has begun crashing fairly consistently when I'm either in my inventory, stash, or viewing a merchants goods. The devil of it is that there's no consistency, I basically have to load over and over again until I can craft whatever sword or sell off whatever junk. It seems to be worst when I'm crafting new witcher armor, or dropping something in my stash. The stash is empty besides one sword, for clarification.

To answer a few things that I'm just sure will be brought up:

I am not "hoarding" anything, I have less than 25 of any one item at any given time. However, this should not be an issue in the first place.

I have absolutely reinstalled the game. Several times actually.

I have deleted all my old save files.

Any suggestions? Is this something that can be fixed in a patch?

Theres literally 5 threads about this below yours, skim through them, its been discussed for months.

Offskee;n10522202 said:
Theres literally 5 threads about this below yours, skim through them, its been discussed for months.

I was hoping to get a better answer than "hur hur ya gotta play like one of those witchers and don't be hoardin your items". Hopefully whatever the 1.6 patch is fixes it, otherwise I hope they can process some sort of refund for those of us who no longer own a functioning game.

WheelofDopamine;n10527862 said:
I was hoping to get a better answer than "hur hur ya gotta play like one of those witchers and don't be hoardin your items". Hopefully whatever the 1.6 patch is fixes it, otherwise I hope they can process some sort of refund for those of us who no longer own a functioning game.

If you read them thoroughly you'd also have seen that we have proven the mods suggestions wrong with direct links to tweets from CDPR that it is in fact an actual bug and they are working on it.

But here it is for the 4th time now I think.

https://twitter.com/witchergame/stat...16577838665728
https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/sta...40254466650112

Last edited:
Let's mind the tone, please. Posts that are edging toward aggressive or derogatory will find themselves marshmallow-covered. Posts that are openly aggressive and derogatory will be eaten.

It's passingly common for a game with 1,000,000+ lines of code to contain a few bugs, especially whenever something changes. Equally common is when a new bug looks like a well-known bug, but is in fact completely different. If the process of finding and fixing such bugs was in any way easy, The Witcher 3 would have been finished in 2010, and Cyberpunk 2095 would already be out.

Have you tried MaiconYKZ's workaround posted here?

Top Bottom