Final Preparations quest - No Avalac'h

+
Final Preparations quest - No Avalac'h

I'm doing the Final Preparations quest on PS4.
So I'm in Rosemary and Thyme right now, I've helped Triss, Yen and Siri. Now it says to 'talk to Avallac'h' but whenever I go to the top floor, there is no one there, nor is there a quest mark on my map.
I've looked in previous topics and I've been told to go to the haunted house - he isn't there either.
I've tried to reload my save, but the last time I've seen Avalac'h was after Vesemir's funeral. There is no sign of him in the ruby room before the Final Preparations quest has started and before I've talked to Triss.
I have also tried to reload my PS4 database (or whatever it's called..) but that doesn't seem to solve the problem either.

Does anybody know the solution?

Do you have a save just before the Final Preparations started? If you do, try starting it again and doing quests in different order. I think I have always helped Ciri first and Avallac'h last. As soon as (if) you see Avallac'h, try to do his quest? Never seen this bug myself. Do you have GOTY edition or the original one?

There was an old video (I can't find it now) which introduced a bit similar Avallac'h bug (the door in his room was locked) and it appeared if you did those quests in certain order. It's an old video, several patches ago, but not sure if it still affects the game somehow.

I tried it out, but unfortunately no success. I've been to the Ruby Room before I've takjes to anyone, but even then he still isn't there..

Problem with my cd?

Hiya,

A little while ago I made this post: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for.../8026790-final-preparations-quest-no-avalac-h
After finding no solution I decided to just start another save. Started all the way from the beginning and.. the same bug is still there. Still no Avallach.

So I was wondering, could it be that somehow just my copy of the Witcher is damaged in some way? And that buying a new copy would fix the problem?
It's driving me nuts that I can't finish the game this way.

I also purchased Hearts of Stone a while back, but haven't installed it. Any chance that might fix the bug?

Sorry to hear that it's still broken.

(I merged your threads, since this is still the same issue)

Last edited:
Top Bottom