Blood and Wine broken (missing obejcts and textures)

+
Blood and Wine broken (missing obejcts and textures)

I had to re-initialize my PS4 because Wildlands was broken but after re-installing witcher 3, the Blood and Wine DLC is broken now. It shows as installed but when I load an old save or create a new game, it is missing quest names, objects (the ground!), and general text is missing. I have rebuilt my database, re-installed a piece at a time, but jsut that DLC is still broken. What can I do?

I read the forums and followed the admins directions in the link below, but no luck yet. Help please as I love the game and don't want to give up a character that I have so much time invested in.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...40-bug-in-the-beginning-of-dlc-blood-and-wine

You could try to complete those first tutorials again and see if that helps anything. Probably not, but I can't think of anything else besides rebuilding again and reinstalling again.

I just tried all the steps again and nothing. I created a new settings file, rebuilt database, downloaded each one separately and started the game in between and B and W is still totally broken. The objects are missing, text is gone, descriptions on beasts are gone. Even starting from scratch on BW is broken. IS THERE GOING TO BE A PATCH FOR THIS?

I did 100% on the whole game a year ago and wanted to go back to the world because I enjoyed it so much, but this experience is really killing my love for it.

Is this disc or downloaded?

I don't remember if I have heard of a problem this stubborn. Usually reinstalling the game helps if nothing else. If this is downloaded version of the game, then one option could be that something is corrupted in the downloadable BAW file? If this is disc version, is the disc clean and in good condition?

It is a disc. I'm re-downloading from my history instead of the store, but its behavior matches everyone else's exactly. It seems like a corrupt install file, but only with B&W. I've started a couple of new games from the begining with no issue, but Blood and Wine is broken immidiatley from a new start or from when I load my old saves. The system and HDD is the same one I had from a year ago. i just did a re-initialization because Ghost Recon WIldlands DLC made the game broken in the same way. Witcher 3 was fine before that.

I'll clean the disc, but it feels like a corrupt file from the 12.7GB BW download.

Will there be any more patches?

This is a weird issue, since it started appearing around late February - mid March, if I remember correctly. Goty was already out on August and last patch had also been out for quite some time at that point. My very unprofessional guess is that some PS4 system update messed something up with Witcher DLCs, but I'm not an expert with technical issues, so this might also be just pure nonsense. I just couldn't think of anything else that could have affected Witcher 3 expansions at that point.

Not sure if it could be worth contacting to Sony PS4 support?

There hasn't been any plans to release new patches to Witcher 3, as far as I know of. Witcher 3 support ended last year.

It's unfortunate that you haven't been able to fix your game with methods that helped others. I really don't know what could be the cause of this. If Sony support can't help you, I guess you could still try to contact Witcher support, but I'm not sure how much they can help you at this point. Like I said, support for that game ended half a year ago. Maybe it's worth a try anyways, if nothing else helps.

Should you contact to either of these supports, try to give them as much information as possible and tell them that your game worked fine earlier. You can also mention all tricks that you have tried to do so far to fix this situation, and that those have helped other players.

I re-initialized and re-installed system software but its still totally broken. i did use my saves on my son's system and its works fine. His witcher settings are still at version 1.22.
It has to be my system or somehow the way the last version messed it up. Is there any way to take load an old version of Witcher, from when it worked, such as version 1,22???

As far as I know of, no. You could install your game without any patches if you don't let your console to the internet, but expansions (and your current saves) doesn't work with that version, I think.

Did you try to contact Sony or CDPR support?

Unfortunately I'm out f ideas.

Last edited:
I submitted multiple reports, but never got anything back. Are they still supporting this game? How do i submit a case? maybe I was doing it wrong?

phoeni4495;n9168290 said:
I submitted multiple reports, but never got anything back. Are they still supporting this game? How do i submit a case? maybe I was doing it wrong?

It might take few days, or even up to two weeks, if their support is super busy.

Usually they have answered to every report, but I'm not sure how things are with Witcher nowadays. When did you send those reports? If you filled up this form, then it should be correct.

UPDATE....

after no fix, I've put my old 500GB drive that came with the system back in and tried to install witcher 3 (its never been on that drive before) and still broken. installed a piece at a time, then rebuilt the database. still nothing. So, it has to be my Blue ray drive is worn and won't load the disc properly, or RAM doesn't load properly; either way there's not much to do but get a PS4 PRO i suppose as this rules out the HDD as the issue..

Or I was never meant to play witcher 3 again. :(

Is it possible to try your own saves (including the user settings file) in different PS4? Saves are account locked, but you should be able to use those if you sign in with your own account and copy your saves into that system. Never tried that myself though.

It wont't fix anything, but at least we could see if it's your system or the game.

I bought my son a PS4 some time back and my saves work perfectly well on his, ruling out the disc and my saves. has to be the Blue ray player at this point. bought a ps4 pro and loading everything now. will update afterwards.

UN-MOTHERLOVIN-BELIEVABLE!!!

I bought a new PS4 PRO, a new copy of witcher 3 (not the complete edition so my old save would work after verifying new game would work of course) and its the same broken mess!!!

At this point I have replaced and tested everything (system, HDD, game disc), WTF!

It has to be that after version 1.31 you can't install and play a new game with Blood and Wine. Can the developers test my theory and make a patch???

All they have to do is install the disc version of the original game, install all DLC contect and watch the broken stuff commence on Blood and Wine. Basically something about the latest versino on install won't load peices of Blood and Wine. Please help and submit this as I'm almost $500 into this mess and sick to my soul. I stopped playing PC games years ago because of crap like this. console game are supposed to just work!!

please help with something constructive!

We wouldn't have passed Sony certification for 1.31 if it were incompatible with BaW :)

Based on other reports we had of this issue it may be related to connection issues. What I can suggest is making completely sure you do not download anything else during BaW download.
1. Please uninstall all the TW3 content.
2. Install TW3 base game.
3. Install the patch.
4. Install BaW.

Make completely sure nothing else is using your Internet connection in that time: no streaming on other devices, no downloads nor uploads etc. If possible, you may even try using the LAN (Ethernet) cable to connect your PS4 to the Internet instead of WIFI (if that's what you use).

Finally, don't download your saves from the cloud until you confirm a New Game of BaW can be started. I hope this helps :)

ill give it a try but at 12GB it takes quite a while regardless. Although, currently my inlaws are over (and have been since may) and being summer my kids are home and they are ALL addicted to tablets, kindles, netflix and the like, so they're is streaming all day long. Has this been confirmed as a real thing? I work in IT, and as this is a TCPIP connection with a bandwidth manager, it should fail if the sum count comes up wrong in the end, right?

Also, i use a direct cat 5 connection to my router, and i've not downloaded my saves until after it fails first on starting a new game of Blood and Wine.

I will update in a day or two when I can test again. Working 40+ really interferes with my game testing these last few months..... ;)

Last night I collected and powered off all devices in my household before bed, installed B&W (11pm to 2am), as it took 3 hours instead of the usual 5. And yet, no difference as usual.

And though it may be compatible, patches do often break as much as they fix, or else there would only be one or two per application (look at MS hotfixes!! :) ). I believe in this case, since I've literally tested everything else, that 1.31 works if you're updating a current install, but if its brand new, that its missing need dll's and such for B&W. Most people haven't noticed because if they bought it originally they are merely upgrading, and if they are new to the witcher, they are buying the complete edition. I'm in a weird place, since i formatted, but want to re-install the original version, and I'm betting that was not thoroughly tested.

Can you test this??? delete a witcher install from a test system in house, or initialize your system, then re-install and see if your results are different than mine.

Top Bottom