PS4 (std, NOT the Pro) patch 1.50/1.51 frame rate stutters !

+
PS4 (std, NOT the Pro) patch 1.50/1.51 frame rate stutters !

I am furious.

I have waited soooo long to start playing this marvellous adventure, without suffering of all the problems this game had in the beginning, that I finally forget it. About one month ago, I remember me that I had still this jewel game to play and was very pleased too see that the last 1.31 version was JUST PERFECT, on my standard PS4. Even travelling in Novigrad was butter smooth without the smallest stutter.

Now, I have received this damned update to 1.50/1.51 AND I HAVE STUTTERS EVERYWHERE, especially in Novigrad. They are obviously linked with textures loading from the hard disk.

This update is supposed to improve the game for the PS4 PRO. For the PS4 standard, we don't know what it is supposed to bring us. Not a word on that matter from CDPR, on the release note. What I know now, is that it JUST BROKEN our perfect 1.31 version. Apparently, for the PS4 PRO, from what is already reported here and from the tests made by Digital Foundry, it also introduce frame rate problems.

CDPR, for the standard PS4, please restore the EXACT 1.31 code or almost give us the possibility to go back to this previous version.

I have the same issue, on PS4 Pro.
Framerate, stutters, 1 sec freeze everytime I choose a dialogue option, some weird glitches (example : part of Kiera's hair appeared beside her in the background on a wall, don't know if that even makes sense)... So annoyed by this patch.
1.31 with boost mode was perfect...
Hopefully CDPR is gonna fix it all.

I just played a bit more and remarked that I suffer of 2 different types of stutters. The "classic one", where the video hang for small amount of time, most probably because of some texture loading. The other type is worst. It is frames skip in the video, in other words, like a hole in the video action (maybe 2,3 or even more missing frames).

This update seem really botched to me. No precise informations on what has changed in both PS4 version. The update log file on my PS4 mention two update, the 1.50 and the 1.51. The game information say I have the 1.51 version, but inside the game, it is mentionned I have the 1.50 version ?!?

Come on CDPR !!! Correct all this mess with a new patch as quick as possible. I would like, at last, to be able to finish this game !!!

Well I for one only have the 1.50 patch.
1.51 is nowhere to be found. Checked the updates manually, nothing.
I don't know if it has anything to do with my game being the GOTY edition but anyway, bugs and big framerate/pacing issues for everyone it seems...

Spoke to someone from CDPR on their official twitter account, they told me everything was fine. The displayed version in game is 1.50 regardless of what update history says. But still, it's quite a mess of an update. Hopefully they'll take care of it quickly

Last edited:
Hi guys.

I am not sure if you have read any of my other posts on a few other similar topics on the matter.

I have the GOTY Edition too, and are playing on my PS4 Pro. I too only have the 1.50 patch, with 1.51 nowhere to be seen nor found. If that is just some visual thing or not, I am not sure. At any rate, this damned patch has brought nothing but crashes, general lag and constant dialogue / cutscene stuttering for me too!

So, if CDPR states everything is fine on their official twitter, will that then mean that they don't intend to fix this mess? Us here and a lot of others are having nothing but framerate drops and crashes from this recent patch!
Is there any way to directly contact the team at CDPR? I have already submitted a few Bug Reports on the website here, and I also submit the ce-34878-0 error code everytime it occurs (yes, it happens A LOT for me after 1.50).

Same here with ps4 pro and the GOTY one
No 1.51 still stuck with the shitty 1.50 and CDPR have not even spoke about it -_-

Beren2017;n9675221 said:
Wrote a Ticket and the Support told me, that Update 1.50/1.51 are the Same..
Yes, but what a mess it is ! This give a really bad image of CDPR !

On the PS4 you can read In the version history two new enties, one for the 1.50 saying °PS4 Pro support" and one for the 1.51 saying "Improved stability". Then, in the informartions, you can read "Version 1.51" and finally, into the game the version is 1.50. Congratulations, CDPR, what a very professional image you give to us here !

By the way, what are you waiting for to answer to this thread and tell us what you are going to do ?

Ich have still 1.50 and the silly is, some Sides tells me that 1.51 is a Fix for 1.50. But when it is a Fix, where ist it ???? Damn....meanwhile i can count my Grey Hairs.........

Hey CDPR, I can read here, in other threads, that your unfortunate patch 1.50/1.51 is even causing more problems to owner of a PS4 Pro than we have with the standard PS4. With all these feedback's, it is now more than obvious that your patch was A VERY VERY BAD MOVE. What are-you waiting for to correct all this mess or almost, state your position/intentions about these problems here ?

I have opened a ticket where I clearly explained the problems which appeared with the patch and you answered completely a side, with a "standard message" speaking of rest mode, dust cleaning, restarting the game, etc... So, I wrote again to you, to explain again that problems are obviously not provoked by what you explained in your message and naturally now, no more answer. Sorry, but this is totally disrespectful.

CDPR, PLEASE ROLL BACK TO 1.31, this is most probably an very easy step to do for you. Then, you can take all the time needed to repare your damned 1.50/1.51.

I have the same problem, standard ps4 slim. This is my second playtrough and novigrad is gotten a far worse frame dips than in 1.31. Please fix it CDPR, either deliver a new fix or let us have the option to go back to 1.31. We will highly appreciate it.

A real shame. The most beautifull game screwed up after the 1.50 patch. And after almost 2 months nothing to replace this horrably bad patch. Is there somebody in their right mind over there to act!! Just put patch 1.30/1.31 back online please. So whe can play a fluid game.

Kiregne;n9896261 said:
A real shame. The most beautifull game screwed up after the 1.50 patch. And after almost 2 months nothing to replace this horrably bad patch. Is there somebody in their right mind over there to act!! Just put patch 1.30/1.31 back online please. So whe can play a fluid game.

I rushed Hearth of stone and i'm now waiting to start Blood and Wine until they fix this crap.
In the meantime i'm playing other games. Hoping that they will ever fix it, and revert back to the old patch.

Yup..best game of all time, ruined..you need to fix it very fast please..

Spent one hour playing around novigrad and i had to stop, felt like my head was going to explode..

please fix it fast..dont ignore your players like the other companies do..

Just stopping by to confirm that work is still ongoing. As is so often the case, the problem is not easy to solve, but very difficult.

For those that keep bringing up rolling back to 1.32, while that would be an ideal solution (at least for the time being), neither the Sony nor Microsoft marketplaces allow it. There's nothing CDPR can do about that, unfortunately.

So CDPR is working on the issue? At least they recognize it. Hopefully they fix the issue as fast as possible because I am in my second play through with my ps4 on the witcher 3 and it is just unplayable in the novigrad area. There is a huge frame drop and also a lot of stuttering. Im so happy Im not the only one :)

SigilFey;n9918121 said:
Just stopping by to confirm that work is still ongoing. As is so often the case, the problem is not easy to solve, but very difficult.

For those that keep bringing up rolling back to 1.32, while that would be an ideal solution (at least for the time being), neither the Sony nor Microsoft marketplaces allow it. There's nothing CDPR can do about that, unfortunately.

Dear CDPR, I opened this account just to give you an idea, since neither sony nor microsoft marketplaces allow you to reverse to the patch 1.32... release the patch 1.32 under a different name as if it is an update/fix because at the end of the day it is an update which will fix the current issue and then you can continue to work on 1.51 and release it under another name as well... you could name the new release of the patch 1.32 as 1.71 and then the 1.51 when you re-release it you can name it 1.81 or 2.0...

To be fair as long as it improves gameplay you can treat it as a new update/patch and that is what it is.. please consider, as sony or microsoft can't argue with this because devs decide what's an update. They might say you can't reverse but you can update it and that's what you will be doing.

It would make us all very happy..

I'm experiencing issues on my ps4 pro as well.. and I had a PS4 when I played it first time with 1.32 patch and it worked perfectly!

By the way having to enter a captcha every 10 words that I write is very annoying

Last edited:
likesilver;n9921161 said:
Dear CDPR, I opened this account just to give you an idea, since neither sony nor microsoft marketplaces allow you to reverse to the patch 1.32... release the patch 1.32 under a different name as if it is an update/fix...

While your suggestions makes perfect sense, that's also not the way the marketplaces work, nor does it properly address the issue. Namely, most players on PS4 are not experiencing the issue. Even if there are a lot of reports, it's still a small percentage of players that have this problem, and seemingly to varying degrees.

But most importantly, rolling back a version and claiming it's an update could very much be viewed as "playing" the system. It would be hard to justify how this is a solution to the issue. I think it would introduce the notion that giving up and disguising a roll-back as a patch is always an option if a game is having problems. That might set a very bad precedent. (What happens once tends to happen again and again.)

likesilver;n9921161 said:
By the way having to enter a captcha every 10 words that I write is very annoying

Sounds like that might be bugging out a bit if it's occurring more than once per post. It was a necessary step to bring down the spam armies that invaded the land, set fire to the trees, and tried to eat all the hamsters. Either way, it's only for the first 10 posts. Be sure you read here if you haven't already. :) (If you think there may be an issue, send me more info via PM.)

Wait so are you guys going to fix it or not? Btw, when you said most of the players dont experience this issue is because when people finish the game, they dont tend to play it again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom